19 build sheet completed - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-28-2014, 07:18 PM   #41

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Robert,
Interesting that you were able to get the toilet shut off valve. I was told "not possible on the 19". Maybe it has to do with your floor flush model?
Old 10-28-2014, 07:20 PM   #42

Trailer: 2014 5TA/ *012 17B (previous)
Hey Robert,
Just wondering why you went to the 19? You seemed to have your mind pretty fixed on the 17?
'Have No Regrets'
Chapitre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:24 PM   #43

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Here's a link to historical weather for Feb. 2014.
Daily Data Report for February 2014
Old 10-28-2014, 07:42 PM   #44

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19', 1974 Boler
Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzer View Post
Robert,
Interesting that you were able to get the toilet shut off valve. I was told "not possible on the 19". Maybe it has to do with your floor flush model?
I worked with Reace on this request for mine. You cannot put a toilet shut off in a 19' because the toilet is too close to the wall, what we had installed is a cold water shut off to the bathroom, the valve is located under the bed and shuts off all the cold water to the bathroom I am sure this is what Robert had installed.
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:46 PM   #45

Trailer: 19 picked up March 2015
Thanks, Robert, and we thought we were finished with our build sheet :-)
Our 19 build sheet is due Nov. 1 for a Jan. 27 finish date. We won't pick it up until March though.
Sandi and Dave
Snadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:01 PM   #46
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
I worked with Reace on this request for mine. You cannot put a toilet shut off in a 19' because the toilet is too close to the wall, what we had installed is a cold water shut off to the bathroom, the valve is located under the bed and shuts off all the cold water to the bathroom I am sure this is what Robert had installed.
Yessir, you are correct.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:07 PM   #47
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapitre View Post
Hey Robert,
Just wondering why you went to the 19? You seemed to have your mind pretty fixed on the 17?
Yeah Chapi, we were set on the 17. But, nothing beats spending a little time in each one to make sure.
The bed was the biggest factor. 60" wide vs 49". Once we were actually in the trailer, we knew. We pretty much decided to switch before I went to ETI, after Steve and Cynthia let us look at their 19 here in San Antonio. And, as I mentioned before, ETI was nice enough to let us keep our original build date, and we had already sent enough fabric for either model.

I also like the tandem axles, and of course there is a larger dinette, but like I say, it was mainly the bed.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:23 PM   #48

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
The MaxxFan line has
  • standard (no hood) and deluxe (with hood) versions
  • smoked or white tops (in both standard and deluxe versions)
  • manual opening and powered & remote control versions
That's eight combinations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
The Maxx Fan has a hood standard. That's all we need.
This suggests that the standard equipment from ETI would be a Deluxe model of MaxxFan, presumably manual opening, maybe white: MaxxFan Deluxe (Manual Opening) Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
No, the deluxe comes with smoke lens and remote control
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The deluxe MaxxFan has a clear see thru smoke top that lets in more light as well as moon at night. In addition it has a remote control for mounting where you want it. It is a $100 upgrade.
Jim, I think you're saying that the optional choice from ETI is a different Deluxe MaxxFan: MaxxFan Deluxe (Remote Opening) Right?

It appears that no Escape (standard equipment or with options) has the Standard (no rain hood) MaxxFan (manual or power/remote).

Thanks for the info. I don't know why the option doesn't appear in the ETI list for any model. I don't know why the smoked cover would only be available from ETI with the power/remote version, or why the power/remote version would only be available from ETI in smoked.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:11 AM   #49

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'll try to enlighten you Brian, the stock install is the deluxe MaxxFan with translucent cover which is manually opened/closed with 10 speeds. This is the one I had on my 19' Escape. I ordered from the MaxxFan factory a smoke lens and installed such on my 19', the original cover I still have. The cost of the smoke upgrade was $80 plus shipping. When ordering BlackJack I inquired about the MaxxFan remote model which came with the smoke lens, Reace said it would be $100. I added that to my build list and it also has the remote, motorized opening cover and everything else the deluxe model has. The standard models are like the Fantastic Fans and do not operate in the rain without optional covers. See here for the 2 different types: Airxcel | Maxxair | Maxxfan
Old 10-29-2014, 08:47 AM   #50

Thanks for the confirmation, Jim, and the addition of the smoked cover price. Your smoked cover was an additional part; choosing smoked instead of white might not cost anything additional. Your link is the one which I previously posted.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:23 PM   #51

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
19 Build list

Quote:
OK, here's the latest build sheet for our 19, pored over multiple times. I learned before not to use the word 'final', but I don't know of anything else we will be adding:
2 Burner Stainless Steel Stove & Range hood--I'd rethink the range hood. The kitchen is much more open and bright without it. You have the maxx fan for quiet and efficient venting.

Additional Drawer under Wardrobe Closet --This was a terrific addition.

Outside storage box--Can't praise it enough. Having all the outside stuff in one place makes setting up quick and easy.

Extra Insulation & Thermal Windows--This too was a great addition Kept the interior quiet and warm.

Inverter 1500W Includes transfer Switch /all outlets --Only if you intend to use 110 volt appliances when off grid.

Raise dinette floor 4"--This was well worth the money.

We are happy with the U shaped dinette and would consider that more useful than some other options like chrome rims and light switches.

I agree with you on the bed in the 19. We spent some of the most comfortable nights in our new 19. Best of luck with yours.
Ellentob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:29 PM   #52
Site Team

[QUOTE=Ellentob;71385]
Quote:
OK, here's the latest build sheet for our 19, pored over multiple times. I learned before not to use the word 'final', but I don't know of anything else we will be adding:

2 Burner Stainless Steel Stove & Range hood--I'd rethink the range hood. The kitchen is much more open and bright without it. You have the maxx fan for quiet and efficient venting.

Additional Drawer under Wardrobe Closet --This was a terrific addition.

Outside storage box--Can't praise it enough. Having all the outside stuff in one place makes setting up quick and easy.

Extra Insulation & Thermal Windows--This too was a great addition Kept the interior quiet and warm.

Inverter 1500W Includes transfer Switch /all outlets --Only if you intend to use 110 volt appliances when off grid.

Raise dinette floor 4"--This was well worth the money.

We are happy with the U shaped dinette and would consider that more useful than some other options like chrome rims and light switches.

I agree with you on the bed in the 19. We spent some of the most comfortable nights in our new 19. Best of luck with yours.
Thanks very much for the feedback!

- I saw trailers with and without the hood. I just like the look of the stainless. (bling factor?)
- Yes, we do intend to use 110V off grid.
- We really bounced back and forth on the U-shaped Dinette, but it is a bit smaller than the dinette in the 21, and the U-shape would really cut down on the table size. What we really debated was to convert the permanent bed into a custom U-shape lounge area, but in the end we like the permanent bed for ease of use.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:17 PM   #53

Quote:
- We really bounced back and forth on the U-shaped Dinette, but it is a bit smaller than the dinette in the 21, and the U-shape would really cut down on the table size. What we really debated was to convert the permanent bed into a custom U-shape lounge area, but in the end we like the permanent bed for ease of use.
That is what I'd do if I thought of downsizing
Old 10-29-2014, 07:18 PM   #54

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
I had the opposite impression regarding the lounge area in the 21', feeling that it is smaller than in the 19'. One reason for that is that the 19' lounge has the door side open --- no wall there. So one can sit with back to the front wall and have legs extended into the doorway area. No way to extend legs on either side of the 21' because of walls on both sides.

We saw Cheryl's chrome rims and they were so beautiful that I may want those.

Raising dinette floor 4" costs how much compared to adding to the cushions? Does the step ever seem a problem? I like the U.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:33 PM   #55
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
I had the opposite impression regarding the lounge area in the 21'
Yeah, funny how that works.

Quote:
Raising dinette floor 4" costs how much compared to adding to the cushions? Does the step ever seem a problem? I like the U.
It's a $300 option. If we had really long legs, maybe the raised cushions would worked. I like my feet on the floor when I eat. I don't see the step up as an issue.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:26 PM   #56

Quote:
I had the opposite impression regarding the lounge area in the 21', feeling that it is smaller than in the 19'. One reason for that is that the 19' lounge has the door side open --- no wall there. So one can sit with back to the front wall and have legs extended into the doorway area. No way to extend legs on either side of the 21' because of walls on both sides.

Here is another option for the lounge area, I did this to BlackJack and one can stretch out across the entire width of the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN1371.JPG   DSCN1372.JPG   DSCN1373.JPG   DSCN1370.JPG  
Old 10-29-2014, 10:50 PM   #57

Cheryl has such a board to add, on her 21' we saw. Jim, so you have dispensed with the table? I would like to dispense with it but we are used to putting quite a lot on it. We find the 19' table too big but do not know what alternative we might want yet. So you are using a stooge table or two instead, I take it.

I can't stand those cones on the floor if the table is removed but then you must have them to be able to use it if needed. Also never know in some rare case if the bed would have to be made up, so have to keep the table in the trailer.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:58 PM   #58

Quote:
Polished aluminum alloy, rather than chrome, right?
Old 10-30-2014, 12:01 AM   #59

Yes, aluminum. I was repeating what someone said above. They are so spiffy.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:08 AM   #60

Quote:
Yes, aluminum... They are so spiffy.
Agreed!