19 build sheet completed - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2014, 02:33 PM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
19 build sheet completed

I'm here at ETI today and we just completed our build sheet. Yes, we did switch to the 19, and we still have our original build date.

Reace, Tammy and everyone at ETI were just wonderful folks. Everything that happened this morning was just confirmation that we chose wisely when we chose an Escape.

There were a few things still undecided and they're all settled now. There's no substitute for getting your questions answered in person.

Anyway, about 8k in options when all was said and done. Could have been worse.

Lastly, Chilliwack is beautiful and I love it here but I do have a question for my Canadian friends: is there nowhere up here to get a glass of real iced tea? All anyone seems to have is the netstea/lipton stuff.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:38 PM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
What did you decide on for the fridge?
Old 10-10-2014, 02:39 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21, 2014 Four Wheel Campers Grandby
Curious as to what you decided on the refrigerator ? I need to finalize my build soon and have been closely following the refrigerator threads.
NJ Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:57 PM   #4
Site Team

Reace is still actively working on the fridge issue. He has several things working with Dometic right now. Can't say more but I left today with the opinion that the fridge issue will be resolved.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:00 PM   #5
Site Team

Oh and by the way-- we're all going to miss Kim, but Crystal is excellent! She's just a pleasure to work with. Tammy and Reace have quality people in their employ.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:22 PM   #6

In Canada we drink the Queen's tea hot. So iced tea is "ethic food". (joke)
Actually - we rarely sweeten decent tea, and the stuff that you have been given is....well you know. Awful.

Enjoy our back yard. It's lovely up in the valley.
Ping me if you need anything while you are near Vancouver.
Dog as Navigator
DonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:32 PM   #7
Site Team

Thanks Don -- I was beginning to wonder about the tea thing. I make sun tea at home and its just great. 3 or 4 pitcher sized tea bags, a gallon glass jar with a plastic lid, and some spring water. Set it on the driveway or patio in direct sun for about 4-5 hours.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:36 PM   #8

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
Real iced tea does seem to be a American thing. I must admit I prefer my tea hot. The iced tea here is basicaly like drinking liquid sugar
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:15 PM   #9

Trailer: 2006 casita
Having worked in Houston, dallas, fort worth and having daughter raised in Fort Worth there are three things I never understood, so much land why not have light rail service ( I know they tried but people did not but instead they rather sit on I 35 and I 30 in dallas), sweet tea and mayo on hamburger. Each its own not many get our yankee ways Great world we live in where we are free to choose Anyway, my point is are you have your 19 ft shipped to you? I almost at the point of purchasing one but I was wondering about how the finial payment works, I do not want to pay for something until I complete the finial walk thru. Any thoughts how this works? I can t imagine its a big deal as many folks have done Enjoy your trailer!
kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:23 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Reace is still actively working on the fridge issue. He has several things working with Dometic right now. Can't say more but I left today with the opinion that the fridge issue will be resolved.
"I have a little side trip scheduled at NovaKool while I'm in the area". Did you pursue this option ?
Old 10-10-2014, 06:25 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Having worked in Houston, dallas, fort worth and having daughter raised in Fort Worth there are three things I never understood, so much land why not have light rail service ( I know they tried but people did not but instead they rather sit on I 35 and I 30 in dallas), sweet tea and mayo on hamburger. Each its own not many get our yankee ways Great world we live in where we are free to choose Anyway, my point is are you have your 19 ft shipped to you? I almost at the point of purchasing one but I was wondering about how the finial payment works, I do not want to pay for something until I complete the finial walk thru. Any thoughts how this works? I can t imagine its a big deal as many folks have done Enjoy your trailer!
Your final payment is due before the trailer is completed. If something's not right when you take delivery, Reace will make it right. They've handled it that way for a long time now and their customers are happy.

We are going to drive up to get the trailer. You would go to ETI on delivery day with your TV, go through orientation, finalize any paperwork, then drive back across the border to Sumas WA but not with the trailer. ETI will tow the trailer across the border, export it (handle all the export documents) and meet you in Sumas. You hook up and leave. Pretty straightforward.

If you want it delivered, they'll do that too, but the cost is pretty substantial. We couldn't wait for an excuse to camp in the beautiful Northwest, so by picking it up we kill two birds with one stone.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:33 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
"I have a little side trip scheduled at NovaKool while I'm in the area". Did you pursue this option ?
Yes I did Jubal. I looked at the same fridge Steve just bought. They're very nice -- almost industrial. The folks there were very helpful. The sticking point was getting them to deliver one to ETI and getting ETI to install it. I decided I'd talk to Reace in person before I committed to a DC fridge. After talking with Reace I am of the opinion that he will have a resolution soon. So for now, I'm sticking with that.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:36 PM   #13

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
You pay for it then they ship you the trailer, it's yours when it leaves the factory. They contract with a company for the delivery, but it's yours once it leaves. If you want to check it before then you need to make the trip.

At least that's how mine worked.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:42 PM   #14

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21'
Quote:
Yes I did Jubal. I looked at the same fridge Steve just bought. They're very nice -- almost industrial. The folks there were very helpful. The sticking point was getting them to deliver one to ETI and getting ETI to install it. I decided I'd talk to Reace in person before I committed to a DC fridge. After talking with Reace I am of the opinion that he will have a resolution soon. So for now, I'm sticking with that.
My build date is Dec. this year. Do you think that the resolution will include my fridge?
Old 10-10-2014, 06:45 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHiker View Post
My build date is Dec. this year. Do you think that the resolution will include my fridge?
I'd talk to Reace personally. Is December your build start date or your delivery date?
Old 10-10-2014, 06:46 PM   #16

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
I do not believe there will be a "quick fix" and the only complete resolution can be replacement of the refer's with one that has a higher cooling capacity. I hope that I am wrong.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:01 PM   #17

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
Quote:
...you do know that you just opened Pandora's Box!...
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:20 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfishtacos View Post
...you do know that you just opened Pandora's Box!...
Yeah, there's no helping that. For all the current and future owners out there with fridge issues, I would only say this: Reace is FULLY aware of the problems, he is actively working on solutions, and that this all takes TIME. Let him do his thing.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:29 PM   #19

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Yeah, there's no helping that. For all the current and future owners out there with fridge issues, I would only say this: Reace is FULLY aware of the problems, he is actively working on solutions, and that this all takes TIME. Let him do his thing.
+1. I figure something will get worked out, and it will be a good excuse to come back west for the rally next year. :-)
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:47 AM   #20

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21'
Quote:
I'd talk to Reace personally. Is December your build start date or your delivery date?
December is my delivery date, although I am undecided if I will pick it up then or wait for Spring.