2020 e23 - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2019, 11:43 AM   #61

Trailer: 2017 19' 5/02/17
I dont know if you ever noticed but there's an inverse relationship between the size of the trailer and how often you see people outside actually taking part in camping activities.
bsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:43 PM   #62

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmoke View Post
I dont know if you ever noticed but there's an inverse relationship between the size of the trailer and how often you see people outside actually taking part in camping activities.
Yup I have noticed . They rarely come outside . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 01:15 PM   #63

Trailer: Escape 21', "Cardinals' Nest"
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
$50K base price plus optional upgrades for a 23 ft single hull FG trailer with limited insulation ?
I will wait until they publish the floor plan, standard features, option prices and specs before passing further judgement.
We're waiting hopefully too.

A walk around queen is really appealing; especially after August 2018, when we headed straight home to California from Minnesota, looking like dogs with their tails between their legs. I had severe sciatica (fortunately an unusual type where sitting was the only tolerable position) and Kathy was recovering from a dislocated hip. Neither of us could crawl into our 21' bed, so we stayed in motels. This year, both patched up, we enjoyed a 2 month camping trip.

However, a larger trailer would be expensive. Not just the trailer, but we would need a new tow vehicle: our 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee might tow the weight (up to 7200 lbs) but the wheelbase is too short for anything longer than 21'. After two scary episodes of sway (with roughly 500 lbs hitch weight), we would go for more margin on wheelbase, as well as on weight towing capacity.

We love our 21'. We would be reluctant to switch to anything with less counter space, or a smaller bathroom. A more convenient battery location would be nice.

If the cost, weight, and length of the 'E23' were similar to the Bigfoot 25', we could find the decision difficult. We liked the Bigfoot's separate shower stall, 2nd exit door for safety (in Front queen), large front pullout storage, and walkable roof. But using space opposite the dinette for a sofa is not appealing to us.

We like that ETI is involving customers as they evolve the design of the new, larger trailer.
Art M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 01:59 PM   #64

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
Yes, I saw this information this morning before I posted. It's the Internet and what one on the F150 forum says works does not necessarily work for another, and that's why I posted we'll see in January. I'm guessing it won't work.
Let's stay optimistic. Maybe the narrower width and overall smaller profile of the Escape 5.0TA versus traditional 5th wheels will make a difference in the operation if you select conventional trailer and try it out. Keep us posted.
Old 11-27-2019, 07:41 PM   #65

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
The space under the hitch is usable in some designs, which is a good point; in others it would be pretty awkward to put anything there. Simply saying "one square foot lost" doesn't describe the loss of utility, and I don't pretend to know what people want to carry. I do know that many mobility scooters - for instance - could not be placed ahead of the hitch without a crane, would not fit beside the hitch, and would be too tall to sit behind the hitch with the trailer over them.
Most here use the Andersen hitch, for those who don't do lose that 4 sq ft. I investigated my hitch for maximum use and others have reached the same conclusion.

Mobility scooters? There's always exceptions. How about those that take home kitchen tables and chairs? I've seen them too. I was talking to the 95% not the 5% exceptions and I think most here realize that. There are exceptions to that realization though.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 11-28-2019, 07:09 AM   #66

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
Yes, I saw this information this morning before I posted. It's the Internet and what one on the F150 forum says works does not necessarily work for another, and that's why I posted we'll see in January. I'm guessing it won't work.

Enjoy,

Perry
You’re killing me Perry! This is what I assumed was happening with ours but I read your earlier post as you had it working with the 5.0 so I was so optimistic that the problem was just my setup! I will still give it a go later next month but I’m no longer optimistic.
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 06:36 AM   #67

Trailer: Still Deciding
Just as well go with a Lance for that price point
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 06:42 AM   #68

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.LEO View Post
Just as well go with a Lance for that price point
Both of my Lance trailers had manufacturing defects, none of my four Escapes had any!!
Old 12-01-2019, 07:12 AM   #69

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Both of my Lance trailers had manufacturing defects, none of my four Escapes had any!!
My two previous FG trailers did not have any manufacturing defects, my current trailer has a rather extensive list . Both our statements are factual but are isolated incidents that prove nothing. You evidently are extremely lucky and I evidently am not .
We all tend to overlook the faults in the things we love .
Now I have to go shovel a foot of snow !!
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:28 AM   #70

Trailer: 2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
My two previous FG trailers did not have any manufacturing defects, my current trailer has a rather extensive list . Both our statements are factual but are isolated incidents that prove nothing. You evidently are extremely lucky and I evidently am not .
We all tend to overlook the faults in the things we love .
Now I have to go shovel a foot of snow !!
I think you'll find that Jim did have problems with his Escapes, something to do with the propane tanks. :-)
Barry

2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA / 2017 F150, 2.7 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercab
Former trailers: 2005 Escape 17B / 1972 Boler 13'
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:33 AM   #71

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post
I think you'll find that Jim did have problems with his Escapes, something to do with the propane tanks. :-)
Barry
You are correct sir, they never seem to need refilling.....eeek!!....