2020 Escape 19 build discussion - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2020, 12:35 AM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 15B sold, 2019 Escape 19
Like many other options some love to have a mw while other don’t. Just like you we ordered our E19 with the large fridge (that we love) and we also got the mw under the stove, very quickly we realized that we really don’t use a mw while camping so out it came and a door was ordered from Escape.
Effie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 06:15 AM   #22

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
An option for the mw, I bought a door from ETI that fits the mw hole in case I wanted to remove it later. I did get and use the mw so the door just sits here.

On my trailer it's next to the fridge.
Old 06-10-2020, 07:49 AM   #23

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
We have the 19 with the large fridge and microwave under the stove. We put in 2- 36” slide out drawers under the bed and a slide out drawer under the PS dinette bench. Plenty of storage, hasn’t been a problem. The ETI microwave has been fine, and there is some room on each side.
Thanks, that's exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I like the idea of a drawer under the passenger dinette seat. I hadn't seen that before.

Is there any chance you can measure exactly how much extra clearance there is on either side of the microwave?
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 10:29 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effie View Post
Like many other options some love to have a mw while other don’t. Just like you we ordered our E19 with the large fridge (that we love) and we also got the mw under the stove, very quickly we realized that we really don’t use a mw while camping so out it came and a door was ordered from Escape.
Thank you!

How wide and tall is the opening without the microwave installed?
Old 06-10-2020, 10:56 AM   #25

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
Thanks, that's exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I like the idea of a drawer under the passenger dinette seat. I hadn't seen that before.

Is there any chance you can measure exactly how much extra clearance there is on either side of the microwave?
I should be over at storage today and will get you some measurements. I do have a classic, but doubt in this location they would be any different.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 10:59 AM   #26

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have suggested to Escape several times to have tape measure information mounted inside the cabinets so that when the video walk thru is done the numbers could be displayed......
Old 06-10-2020, 11:05 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
I should be over at storage today and will get you some measurements. I do have a classic, but doubt in this location they would be any different.
Thank you!
Old 06-10-2020, 11:07 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I have suggested to Escape several times to have tape measure information mounted inside the cabinets so that when the video walk thru is done the numbers could be displayed......
I agree or some drawings with measurements on them, with the disclaimer of course that the 'measurements are subject to change without notice and can vary by the options selected'.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:30 PM   #29

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Hi everyone,

I've decided to get an Escape 19. We currently own 17 year old Trail Lite Bantam 19 Hybrid that has typical soft roof and floor issues. We will be towing with a Sprinter 2500 3L V6 diesel (5000K tow rating). We towed the Bantam to Yellowstone in 2018 with no issues, the Escape 19 is very similar as far as weight.

In 2019 we went to Yosemite with just the Sprinter partially converted with full size bed, porta-pottie, BOSS hotwater heater, 100 liter dual-zone chest fridge, Harbor Freight woodworkers bench as our counter top, and kitchen storage, various crates for clothes and other storage under the bed.

We will continue to convert the Sprinter, but, after about a month and a half on the road in just the Sprinter we started to get on each other's nerves so we decided we wanted a trailer. We want to focus our free time on the Sprinter so rebuilding the Bantam is not on the table.

Since this is getting a little long I'll follow this post with a reply on our Build options and rational on our decision on each.

Thanks,
Tom

Tom sign up for a live stream and request they have a tape measurement with them. They will be more than happy to help. On the 19 live stream last night i would say there was 3/8-1/2" space on each side of microwave.this was above the fridge. I would assume clearance would be teh same under stove.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:57 PM   #30

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
Tom sign up for a live stream and request they have a tape measurement with them. They will be more than happy to help. On the 19 live stream last night i would say there was 3/8-1/2" space on each side of microwave.this was above the fridge. I would assume clearance would be teh same under stove.
I did that, and I will say that I had trouble getting Samuel to understand what measurements I was trying to get. I might have not been explaining myself well enough, but it was the least satisfying part of my experience so far. (I really wish they would put out dimensional drawings.) But if that is the worst part, this will be my only complaint.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 05:00 PM   #31

Quote:
Thank you!

How wide and tall is the opening without the microwave installed?
The microwave is 17.75" wide (without the attachment brackets), the opening is 18.5", the internal width of the cabinet is 22"
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20200610_144735.jpg  
Old 06-10-2020, 05:06 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherminator View Post
I did that, and I will say that I had trouble getting Samuel to understand what measurements I was trying to get. I might have not been explaining myself well enough, but it was the least satisfying part of my experience so far. (I really wish they would put out dimensional drawings.) But if that is the worst part, this will be my only complaint.
I've done two live streams, one with Samuel and one with Harrison. I was focused on other items at the time, so I didn't get measurements around the microwave.

Yes, it would be nice if Escape had dimensional drawings available.
Old 06-10-2020, 05:09 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effie View Post
The microwave is 17.75" wide (without the attachment brackets), the opening is 18.5", the internal width of the cabinet is 22"
Thank You!

In your opinion could the front opening be made wider to match the internal width if you didn't worry about mounting hinges?
Old 06-10-2020, 05:55 PM   #34

A piece of trim could easily be attached to make the opening smaller, that way you will not be limited to just one m/w size.
Old 06-10-2020, 06:27 PM   #35

Build sheet sign off next Monday!

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback, and help with measurements. Here's my current Build Sheet.

Maple wood
Mill Creek Axle Flooring
Silver Shalestone Formica
Chinchilla Ultra Leather Fabric
Battleship Grey Graphics

6 cu ft Fridge

Microwave installed under stove - Thanks again to everyone who provided feedback on this, I'm comfortable we can replace in the future if needed

Foot Flush Toilet - Added after remembering I don't like sticking my face down near the bowl to pull the flush lever on the toilet.

Exterior shower (passenger side) - Added after watching ETI's videos pointing out in that location it can be used as part of an outside kitchen.

Dual 6V Batteries (Escape supplied)

190 watt Solar Panel with charger

Surge Protector - Added because we are concerned about our current portable one will eventually get stolen and we will regret not getting this.

Removable Power Cord

Air Conditioner with Digital Thermostat

Keyless Door Lock

TV/Cable Ready with 120V Outlet

Window in Bathroom (Opening, Framed, Thermal)
Window in Kitchen (Opening, Framed, Thermal)

High Lift Axle
Double Step Entry Step

Cabinet Door at End of Bench

Exterior Propane Quick Connect with 12' Propane Hose and Adapter (low pressure)

Storage Box (Front of Trailer)

Springfield Marine Pedestal for Dinette Table and Slider Install

12V Interior Outlet next to 120V outlet on bedside of kitchen wall
Exterior LED Lights - one front and one rear centered below window
AMBER lens on all four exterior lights (porch, front, rear and DS)

One shelf in the wardrobe closet centered
Drawer under Wardrobe Closet

Full Wrap on Cushions (Standard fabric)

DELETE 19 from front rock guard, center 'ESCAPE'

Additional 3yrds of Chinchilla Ultra Leather fabric

DO NOT INSTALL Solar and EMS remote displays, leave in bench seat

DO NOT INSTALL handles on doors beneath fridge and bed

Stainless Steel Backsplash - still needs approval

Heat Pads Ready

12V Drop - stereo power line in standard location (I'll use for fan)

Canadian Tire Cover

Additional 13"x15" counter extension - DO NOT INSTALL - I will use as a drop leaf on the narrow point of the dinette table (expands table space and can be reached from the kitchen for extra work space)

4'x2' sheet of Maple paneling

Two Filled Propane Tanks

X - Chocks

The only delete from my original posted list is the inverter. I have a Predator 3500 generator for the initial trip. I might add an inverter later, but, have some other alternative ideas involving our Sprinter van's (underhood generator) electrical build out.
Old 06-10-2020, 07:23 PM   #36

I'd drop the heat pads, only can be use if hookup and if you have hook ups you have heat, so pads are redundant. I would also change the tv outlet to 12v vs 120 since most rv tv's are 12v.
Old 06-10-2020, 07:44 PM   #37

Quote:
I'd drop the heat pads, only can be use if hookup and if you have hook ups you have heat, so pads are redundant. I would also change the tv outlet to 12v vs 120 since most rv tv's are 12v.
Thanks for the input.

The 'Heat Pad Ready' is just the wiring. I plan on adding my own heat pads and bottom insulation. If we run the heat pads while connected to the tow vehicle's electric under tow that can add a significant amount of thermal mass to the water in the tanks when we arrive at our destination. This should allow us to spend more time at locations where the temps dip down below freezing at night. i.e. Yellowstone in September.

We will have a 12V drop right by the TV outlet, so if I want to add a 12V power port it shouldn't be a big deal.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:13 PM   #38

Quote:
Thanks for the input.

The 'Heat Pad Ready' is just the wiring. I plan on adding my own heat pads and bottom insulation. If we run the heat pads while connected to the tow vehicle's electric under tow that can add a significant amount of thermal mass to the water in the tanks when we arrive at our destination. This should allow us to spend more time at locations where the temps dip down below freezing at night. i.e. Yellowstone in September.

We will have a 12V drop right by the TV outlet, so if I want to add a 12V power port it shouldn't be a big deal.
You can not operate the heat pads without hook ups, they pull a extraordinary amount from your batteries and you tow vehicle wiring as well as alternator will not keep up with the draw. You need to be connected to 120v so that the converter can handle the discharge. will not work while under tow, you will have a dead battery.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:47 PM   #39

Quote:
You can not operate the heat pads without hook ups, they pull a extraordinary amount from your batteries and you tow vehicle wiring as well as alternator will not keep up with the draw. You need to be connected to 120v so that the converter can handle the discharge. will not work while under tow, you will have a dead battery.
My Sprinter has a 220 amp primary alternator and outputs 180 amps hot at freeway speed (116 amp hot at idle), the wiring harness is spec'd at 18 amps X 2 (brakes and power), each heat pad draws 4.8 amps I figure one for the fresh water and one for the grey water, urine has a 9 degree F lower freezing point and in cold temps I add a gallon of pink koolaid too, so I won't use the one on the black water tank. An under 10 amp draw from the heat pads, is nothing for my vehicle, and probably any diesel vehicle for that matter.

Old 06-10-2020, 10:50 PM   #40

You could probably get another inch from both sides combined. I think the gas line for the stove-top runs in the right front corner of the cabinet, also consider that some appliances need space on the side for ventilation.

Tags
introduction