21' Escape - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2016, 03:58 PM   #41
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardr View Post
Please explain where you are installing the counter extensions for use with the U shaped dinette.
Thanks, Rick
Here's two pics of mine and I don't have a table either.
Attached Thumbnails
DriversSide.jpg   PassengerSide.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 03:59 PM   #42

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Thank you for the pictures. Rick
richardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:29 PM   #43

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 "LollyPop" June 12, 2017, sold Coleman pop up
I called ETI a couple of weeks ago and asked about the awning and LED light strip. I was told the power awning is a Dometic and that the LED light strip is part of the awning, and that it is not visible or usable unless the awning is deployed.

Regarding the 12 volt interior and exterior outlets- are they rated for 15 amp service? I would not be able to use my tire inflator with them unless they are rated for 15 amps, which I believe means they would have 12 gauge wiring. Can anyone confirm this?
casejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:48 PM   #44

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Yes, that is the way my awning light is set up. Re: tire inflator, it should be hooked directly to your battery using the supplied terminals, otherwise they draw too much current for the stock wiring. In the 21 your batteries are under the curb dinette, so either install a hatch or an external hookup for your compressor.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:05 PM   #45

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by casejh View Post
I called ETI a couple of weeks ago and asked about the awning and LED light strip. I was told the power awning is a Dometic and that the LED light strip is part of the awning, and that it is not visible or usable unless the awning is deployed.

Does anyone happen to know if the (Dometic) LED light strip could be bought + installed *after* the fact.... to the Dometic power awning?

Just curious.

we'll have the Dometic power awning on our forthcoming 2017 21', but I did not request the optional LED under awning light, as it only does white, as far as i knew.
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:15 PM   #46
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
Does anyone happen to know if the (Dometic) LED light strip could be bought + installed *after* the fact.... to the Dometic power awning?

Just curious.

we'll have the Dometic power awning on our forthcoming 2017 21', but I did not request the optional LED under awning light, as it only does white, as far as i knew.
Dometic makes LED strips besides the one that's built in to the awning. But, it's much cheaper to simply install your own strip if it's aftermarket. Use an outdoor rated waterproof strip. I installed a WRGB strip with an RF controller and remote. Pretty simple install if you have a 12V drop in the passenger side rear overhead cabinet.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:14 AM   #47

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The cost of the 12v drop plus the cost of the kit will exceed the optional awning light installed by Escape. In addition it is covered by your warranty, my aftermarket awning light on my 21 quit after 6 months. KISS is always good.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:19 AM   #48
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The cost of the 12v drop plus the cost of the kit will exceed the optional awning light installed by Escape. In addition it is covered by your warranty, my aftermarket awning light on my 21 quit after 6 months. KISS is always good.
All components of my LED cost a total of $29. If it ever goes out (been over a year and still works), it's cheap to replace. As for the drop, I was having them installed in the overhead cabinets anyway, so the cost was already there. I also like the fact I can make the light any color I like, which helps keep the bugs off it.

The factory strip is fine. I'm just pointing out there are other options. They're not complicated.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:55 PM   #49

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Two questions about the 21' Escapes. What are the pros and cons, and cost, of having a front window over the bed? Also, what do people think of the different setups for the back dining table?
thanks
Bob-o
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:15 PM   #50

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
Two questions about the 21' Escapes. What are the pros and cons, and cost, of having a front window over the bed? Also, what do people think of the different setups for the back dining table?
thanks
Bob-o
Hey Bob-o

You'll find widely differing opinions on both subjects....

My wife 100% forbade me from even considering the front window, but some people love it.

We strongly preferred the non-U shaped dinette, but again, many folks love their u-shaped dinette.

Great to have the choices.

enjoy the researching.
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:25 PM   #51

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Just my opinion... The back bench of our U dinette works out to be a place for the dog or just a convenient shelf. I've tried sitting at it and it does not work as such for me, it's also too much hassle to get my legs up there with the table in place, works fine as such for my wife though. The extra storage under the bench is nice too.

Being a U, you have the option to make it more of a lounge area with the table removed or int he down position. We don't use it as such, but it does work. Don't know if you can do similar with the standard dinette.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:31 PM   #52

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
One possible mod is to take the 21' table, cut it in half, hinge it, and then fold over and put in the back of the space on the rails. Of course, it would stick up some but that might not be too bad for just lounging. And/or make extra cushions for that little area which are not as tall.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:31 PM   #53

Trailer: April 2016 21' "Ramble On"
We did not get the front window. It messes up the the beautiful spaceship-like symmetry from the outside front That and we liked the shelf above the bed.

We stuck with the standard table. Its nice and large and accommodates grand kid sleepover when made up into bed. YMMV as always.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:04 PM   #54
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
All I would see out the front window is my truck. I already know what it looks like. We prefer to have it darker for sleeping in past sunrise; and the shelf is wonderful for our style of camping.

Standard dinette works great for camping with the grandkids; plenty of room for meals.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:28 PM   #55

Trailer: 2017 Escape21. Pick up date May,2017
We're still thinking about the table arrangement. Good and bad about both. Has anyone gotten the standard benches with a smaller table,then just used filler boards across the back. It would be a place to sit things or small people. I figure that is the only people that could sir there anyway. Without back cushions there would be more room. Anyone have feed back on this?
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:00 PM   #56

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
We're still thinking about the table arrangement. Good and bad about both. Has anyone gotten the standard benches with a smaller table,then just used filler boards across the back. It would be a place to sit things or small people. I figure that is the only people that could sir there anyway. Without back cushions there would be more room. Anyone have feed back on this?
That is exactly what I am having ETI do in our 21. They will cut 15 inches off the back of the table and use that piece as a filler board with an optional cushion. We are going to install a Springfield pedestal too. Also will have the ETI table slider mounted so that the table slides fore and aft instead of side to side. If we want any back cushions behind the filler board we'll just use throw pillows.
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:00 PM   #57
Site Team

Quote:
Ginger, I think if you're considering a U-shaped dinette, the 21 or the 5.0TA is the trailer to do it in. It's the larger dinette area, and you can sit regular sized folks along the back. In our 19, it's a much tighter fit.

The stock dinette will sit two adults on either side with no issue.

One advantage of the u-shape with filler boards is that you have a lounge area with the table removed.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:13 PM   #58

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
It would be a place to sit things or small people.
Just remember that small people--like grandkids--get really big way too fast. One should think twice about basing a build on the assumption they're going to be around for a long time. They won't. I know.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:33 PM   #59

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen99 View Post
That is exactly what I am having ETI do in our 21. They will cut 15 inches off the back of the table and use that piece as a filler board with an optional cushion. We are going to install a Springfield pedestal too. Also will have the ETI table slider mounted so that the table slides fore and aft instead of side to side. If we want any back cushions behind the filler board we'll just use throw pillows.
Had the stock dinette on the 17B then went with U-shape for the 21. Would probably do as you are if we had to do it again. If you end up not liking the ETI plastic slider you can install a Dicor 4-way in the future.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:54 PM   #60

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Just remember that small people--like grandkids--get really big way too fast. One should think twice about basing a build on the assumption they're going to be around for a long time. They won't. I know.
Karen just gave one of the best tips on here. Our kids are now in or getting to high school age and are moving away from going with Mom n Dad in the trailer. Seems like yesterday we used to haul them around the country in the Scamp 13. When they do go we fit them in, but we bought the 19 for us and our retirement. By the time gran kids may be here I may be long past trailering myself and on to the next phase. Get what you need, kids are versatile and can sleep or sit most anywhere. My ol bones now require more accommodations.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote