A little Help with Customizing a 21 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-11-2018, 05:09 AM   #1

Trailer: 2018 21
A little Help with Customizing a 21

My wife and I placed a deposit for a 21 with a delivery date of 12/18 and we're trying to get all options resolved by 9/18.
I think I've got most of the mechanical end figured out, but Linda is doing the fashion decisions (thank goodness!) and she's looking for some examples of color combinations.
Right now she's leaning toward a black\dark gray countertop, stone or tile floor, and I don't have a clue fabric.
Could anyone willing please post their countertop, flooring, and fabric choices?

Thanks
rotorbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 06:17 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I found the stock material and countertops were a good combination as long as the trim was dark. We went with a wood look floor in our 4th Escape(2nd 21 model-ie Deja View). But we also got the extra window installed over the night stand and the flush stove as well as the stainless sink and hood. We switched out the standard lights to captain lights, "u" dinette and added several new 12v and 120v locations. Going with the power awning and frameless windows adds a nice touch outside with some extra lights and moving them down low with the shower on the curb side for kitchen duty.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:22 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Richard, if you do a site google search you will come up with a lot of threads on the choices folks have made for custom fabric, laminate and flooring. Probably way more than you will get here.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 07:24 AM   #4

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Have you seen this thread? Many owners have been nice enough to post their build photos showing their custom choices. Sometimes even listing the exact brand/pattern they used.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...yond-8031.html
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:00 AM   #5

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
ETI will tell you what brand of flooring to look at and, for fabric, I suggest going to Sailrite (https://www.sailrite.com/ ) to check out ideas ( we opted for outdoor fabric for its 'wearability'). I picked the fabric first and then went on to the flooring (our local flooring dealer got used to me coming in with my swatches ... ), then the countertop which proved to be the hardest choice. In the end, after trying lots of combinations, I picked up one sample and declared "Eureka" ... only to find that the one I picked was ETI's stock countertop (go figure)! I did, however, opt for the black trim. Basically, our color palette is charcoal/black and brown (mainly because the cabinets are so light). Now I just have to hope it all comes together in the final product ... ;-)

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:18 AM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorbudd View Post
My wife and I placed a deposit for a 21 with a delivery date of 12/18 and we're trying to get all options resolved by 9/18.
I think I've got most of the mechanical end figured out, but Linda is doing the fashion decisions (thank goodness!) and she's looking for some examples of color combinations.
Right now she's leaning toward a black\dark gray countertop, stone or tile floor, and I don't have a clue fabric.
Could anyone willing please post their countertop, flooring, and fabric choices?

Thanks
Congrats Richard on your purchase!

Have your wife take a look at all the Formica samples available on their website. I also second the recommendation to check out Sailrite for fabric. They are very convenient and they drop ship to Chilliwack as well for a reasonable shipping charge. We like the Sunbrella line of outdoor fabrics for RV use, but they have many brands to choose from.

Note that both Formica and Sailrite will send you samples so you can compare the actual materials. Happy hunting.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:40 AM   #7

Intersting about the trim color, my first had the stock white and I hated that it made the floor looked washed out. With that in mind, my next had the brown trim with the stock countertop, made all the difference and accented the stock floor. With my third I went with black, I was not as pleased as I was with the brown, going back to the brown on my 4th Escape.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:05 PM   #8

Jim, do you happen to have a photo of the countertop with the black trim? I couldn't find any so went with the black trim 'on faith' (I do like the dark brown as well).

Jan

- Cesare Pavese
Old 08-11-2018, 12:17 PM   #9

I just checked the 4 sale section, no good ones there, here is the only one I found in my library
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0735.jpg  
Old 08-11-2018, 12:31 PM   #10

Thank you!! I looked all over and couldn't find a photo and this one is just about perfect.

Jan

- Cesare Pavese
Old 08-11-2018, 12:47 PM   #11

That one is black, here is the brown, see how it compliments the countertop....
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0921.jpg  
Old 08-11-2018, 01:13 PM   #12

I always liked the brown trim and, you're right, it really does compliment the counter top. Since it's too late to change, I guess we'll see what the black looks like with the flooring and fabric we've chosen .... Thanks for posting those two photos as I'm sure they will help others in their decision making.

Jan

- Cesare Pavese