Additional stop/signal lights on 19? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2018, 10:22 PM   #21

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblets View Post
My build sheet (for the 17A) lists"Additional Set Rear Upper LED Brake/Signal Lights". We chose this option; it will be interesting to see what the reality is. I'm hoping for the brake lights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
I ordered them as well, Tom, and I haven't heard any news indicating otherwise from ETI.
I stand corrected. So the upper brake/signal lights are standard on all trailers, except the 17. On the 17 to get the upper lights it is an elected option. I assume if this option is not elected there are no upper lights at all on the 17.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:32 PM   #22

Trailer: 2018 17A
I believe that because of length and width regulations, that the 17' does not require the upper clearance lights that the 19' does
noblets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:00 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by noblets View Post
I believe that because of length and width regulations, that the 17' does not require the upper clearance lights that the 19' does
Yes, it is related to the width as Brian B-P describes in this post

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9...html#post97564
Old 02-08-2018, 10:17 AM   #24

Location: In my Escape...full time. Currently in Maine, Maine
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Asked ETI if they could do something like this...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EkhKGC6ShWd7A92t1

If not, I'll just go with a 4-pin connector on the back of the trailer. Actually, will probably do that anyway.
CarlNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:58 AM   #25

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I had a cargo rack on the rear of a Dodge Dakota pickup. The large storage box in the carrier partially obscured my tail lights. I used the 4 pin receptacle to wire in ( with a Hoppy kit) an extra set of tail lights on the outside corners of the hitch hauler rack. Worked well. Was complimented by a New York State Trooper at a rest area for the extra lights. Might be able to do the same on a bike rack. Just took two 5/16 or 3/8 holes and a pair of boat trailer lights and a little 4 flat wire.
Iowa Dave
Old 02-08-2018, 02:14 PM   #26

Location: In my Escape...full time. Currently in Maine, Maine
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Well, it was worth a try ;-) Answer was that ETI will not install any additional lights... standard lights only. Will go with a 4-pin connector and put something on the bike rack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlNH View Post
Asked ETI if they could do something like this...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EkhKGC6ShWd7A92t1

If not, I'll just go with a 4-pin connector on the back of the trailer. Actually, will probably do that anyway.
CarlNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:36 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlNH View Post
Well, it was worth a try ;-) Answer was that ETI will not install any additional lights... standard lights only. Will go with a 4-pin connector and put something on the bike rack.
Carl: At least you tried. I thought those additional lights down lower were a good idea. Here are some ideas piggybacking off of what others have already said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
That said, I really believe in and like to be, highly visible, so the idea of a 4pin plug for an auxiliary, bike rack mounted set of lights is intriguing. I believe 1-Up offers such lights as an option for their superlative racks.
It's expensive (as are the racks), but here is an LED light bar purpose built for their racks as Scott suggests:
www.1up-usa.com/product/led-light-bar-plate-holder-2/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I had a cargo rack on the rear of a Dodge Dakota pickup. The large storage box in the carrier partially obscured my tail lights. I used the 4 pin receptacle to wire in ( with a Hoppy kit) an extra set of tail lights on the outside corners of the hitch hauler rack. Worked well.
I did something similar for a cargo rack for the rear of a Scamp. Once you have the 4 pin you can get creative with how you furnish the lights based on your set up and needs.
https://www.scampowners.com/forums/rear-cargo-rack
Old 02-08-2018, 02:40 PM   #28

Class of 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones forever View Post
Good evening. My wife and I are new to the forum and have not posted in the new members forum yet, but we read many of the posts. This post caught my eye as we did have the 4 pin plug installed at the back receiver on our new 19 just for the same reason listed. We will be hauling bikes as well. I also visited with ETI about another set of lights and they did state that they do not install any longer just for the reasons mentioned. Our trailer entered production on 2/5 with a completion date of March 13th. It was $75.00 CAD for the 4 pin plug . Can't wait to pick it up.
Not only was I in the ISU class of 1970 , I was the class of 1970. Nice to hear from another Iowa Escape owner. Hope you can attend the Mississippi
River Rally at Thompson Causeway the last weekend in September. It’s right across the river from Clinton Iowa. I know you’ll enjoy the times you spend with your 19. Don’t hesitate to ask if you need a hand on anything.
Iowa “Resource Development for Outdoor Recreation” Dave. Wow took two lines
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:53 PM   #29

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Be careful when purchasing the add on 3rd tail light. I purchased one and it was only a tail light, purchased another one that was also a brake light, so read the description carefully.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:50 PM   #30

Trailer: 2023 21C' Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Not only was I in the ISU class of 1970 , I was the class of 1970. Nice to hear from another Iowa Escape owner. Hope you can attend the Mississippi
River Rally at Thompson Causeway the last weekend in September. It’s right across the river from Clinton Iowa. I know you’ll enjoy the times you spend with your 19. Don’t hesitate to ask if you need a hand on anything.
Iowa “Resource Development for Outdoor Recreation” Dave. Wow took two lines
I don't know if you remember, but my wife and I drove out from DSM last fall to look at your 21. That pretty much cemented our decision.
Cyclones forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 06:37 PM   #31

Visits

Yes I remember you visiting in the fall. We have shown the 19 when we had it and now the 21 on numerous occasions. It’s fun to answer questions and give folks a chance to study things to their satisfaction. Once in a while I have a taker on inspecting the roof with a step
ladder which isn’t all that big of a deal. More importantly I think a full recline on the bed and a tip toe walk down through the center for clearance are most important to folks. The registration for the Mississippi is in late March 6 months before the rally. I have a brother who is also a Cyclone and also three of my Eagle Scouts attended and graduated from good old MOO U.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:17 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Be careful when purchasing the add on 3rd tail light. I purchased one and it was only a tail light, purchased another one that was also a brake light, so read the description carefully.
Jim: I assume you are referring to the 1UP light bar I linked in post #27. Not sure what version you have, but it appears the 2.0 is full function as this was their reply to my query:

“Yes, the light is on when your lights are on. When braking, it gets much brighter and when signaling, most of the bar blinks.”

I would still like to see a video of one in operation. Can’t find anything on the web.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:38 PM   #33

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
If I remember I'll make one the next time we hook up....here is my second one, first was parking only, this one is parking, brake and flasher
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...ustomerReviews
Old 02-12-2018, 08:38 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
If I remember I'll make one the next time we hook up....here is my second one, first was parking only, this one is parking, brake and flasher
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...ustomerReviews
Ok, my bad I thought you were speaking about the 1UP light bar specifically.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:57 PM   #35

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
Anyone successfully retrofitted their trailer with high position brake lights? We don't have them on our 17 b. I wish I had ordered them as an option.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 05:26 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardsale View Post
Anyone successfully retrofitted their trailer with high position brake lights? We don't have them on our 17 b. I wish I had ordered them as an option.
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ndow-7115.html

Post #5 in the above thread involved upper lights on a 17B.
Jon documented it here: (click on “New Modifications for 2013”)
Trailer Modifications - Escape 17B
Old 05-15-2018, 03:21 PM   #37

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
Perfect, thanks.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote