Ambassador Program Question for you! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-13-2023, 03:34 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
Ambassador Program Question for you!

Hello Group,
Just curious if anyone has received emails from Escape saying that someone was interested in checking out your camper and that “they” will contact you directly to set up a meet and greet, but then never hear from anyone? I’ve had this happen a few times now and never received any further emails….not sure if the escape email program works? I’m in Niagara Falls NY if it was “you” lol, not ignoring you, just never heard from anyone…….just my thoughts for the day, carry on……😊
Suregrip391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 03:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Received email from ETI last month and did show our trailer to someone close by.
Old 05-13-2023, 04:02 PM   #3

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
I never joined the ambassador program, but people have found me on this forum and been over to check out the trailer. So far, two of them have bought trailers after seeing ours. Lol.

So, I guess it’s partially where you live. San Jose is a pretty big city with other cities nearby, and people that are thinking about retiring, or trailering until they officially retire. Just my $.02
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 08:05 PM   #4
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suregrip391 View Post
Hello Group,
Just curious if anyone has received emails from Escape saying that someone was interested in checking out your camper and that “they” will contact you directly to set up a meet and greet, but then never hear from anyone? I’ve had this happen a few times now and never received any further emails….not sure if the escape email program works? I’m in Niagara Falls NY if it was “you” lol, not ignoring you, just never heard from anyone…….just my thoughts for the day, carry on……��
Yep, it works, however, it's not just an 'email program'.

When you sign up to be an ambassador, ETI will ask you how you want the interested parties to contact you (either email? or cell phone?). So perhaps you may want to clarify this with ETI. These folks may be trying to text or call you (instead of email) OR they are trying to text a land line OR ...perhaps they simply changed their minds and are no longer interested...

For us, ETI always initiates the process with an email to let us know that someone by the name of "...." will be contacting us soon. We, personally opt to get notified via cell phone from ".....". I appreciate the heads up from ETI so I know to look out for a text or call from '....'.

We really enjoy showing our trailer and have had the most delightful people come our way over the years. Wishing the same for you in Niagara Falls, NY. -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 10:42 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post

OR ...perhaps they simply changed their minds and are no longer interested...
I suspect that happens on occasion. Sort of when push comes to shove the "do we really want to buy a trailer" kicks in or it's not all that close by and the interest was marginal to begin with.

We've had some enjoyable showings and it's especially valuable for those further afield who can't stop in at ETI.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 09:28 AM   #6

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
Quote:
Hello Group,
Just curious if anyone has received emails from Escape saying that someone was interested in checking out your camper and that “they” will contact you directly to set up a meet and greet, but then never hear from anyone? I’ve had this happen a few times now and never received any further emails….not sure if the escape email program works? I’m in Niagara Falls NY if it was “you” lol, not ignoring you, just never heard from anyone…….just my thoughts for the day, carry on……😊

Yep, that happened to me. I got the email from Escape but was never contacted. I'm not sure if that is common or not, as that was only the second time I'd received an ambassador program email from Escape.
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 12:34 PM   #7

Yes, has happened to me several times in the last year and a half
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 05:08 PM   #8

Trailer: August 2017 17b
Yes- Hit and miss. Some people contact me, some don't. Has only been delightful experience when they do!
sumac.rhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 08:00 PM   #9

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
I've never had an email from Escape saying someone was interested in seeing mine.

Where we live is far from anyone who might be interested, although when traveling have had interest and showed trailer usually somewhere like a Costco parking lot. Never hear if anyone has bought one after though. When we were selling our 5.0 single axle we were traveling from GA to eastern ON and put on the forum I was doing so and would show the trailer enroute. One couple did meet us in PA, didn't buy the trailer but subsequently bought one from Escape and only knew because I got the referral cheque. We did sell the 5.0 to a Quebec couple who only had to come to just south of Ottawa to see it, place deposit then return to pick it up.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 08:18 PM   #10

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumac.rhus View Post
Yes- Hit and miss. Some people contact me, some don't. Has only been delightful experience when they do!
same here
Old 05-15-2023, 02:34 PM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Hello Group,
I have shown my camper a few times on referral from the Ambassador Program and just this month received my first check from Escape for $100 CAD!
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 02:42 PM   #12

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Joined Ambassadors. Shown it several time spontaneously on the road, but have never had an ETI referral. I’ve thought about calling them to drop the ambassador since we’ve never had a referral and I’ve modded it some, but just never have.
Old 05-15-2023, 05:17 PM   #13
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
I've had 4 notifications from ETI, with 2 couples perusing our 21NE. Basically 50/50 response.

Plenty of commentary from the folks that viewed our rig, with thoughts and suggestions provided to both couples.

I suspect that a change of interest by the "other half" would be pretty routine. But I've got to thank ETI for the honorarium they provided.
Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 05:49 PM   #14

Trailer: 2017 19" Escape
Quote:
Hello Group,
We have had 3 showings 2 people purchased trailers and we got the escape reward and one no show for viewing.
lonewolfjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 07:27 PM   #15

It just occurs to me that yes, my last 4 emails from escape resulted with no calls. Not typical of my prior experience where nearly everyone responded.
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 01:02 PM   #16

Trailer: Escape 19, 2018: Last Best Escape
We've had really good fortune with the old and new Ambassador program. My recollection is that 5 people have followed through with an Escape purchase after viewing our various Escapes, all producing in a surprise check from ETI.

And, our very first showing of our 2011 17' in 2014 resulted in a offer to buy ours and we then purchased our first 19'. We have become good friends with those folks, camping and frequently socializing with them. Would never have met them without the program.

Honda Pilot 2019
ksitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 11:36 AM   #17

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
Somewhat Related to being an Ambassador

We would be willing to put some type of flag outside while we are camping identifying us as Ambassadors and inviting other campers to stop by. Suggested it to ETI, but they do not have anything. Also suggested they implement it, given they have no dealers and satisfied owners are they best sales personnell they could ask for.

What do you all think of the idea?
marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 03:30 PM   #18

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Not a bad idea. I've had some folks stop and ask about the trailer but others walk on by. But I could tell that they were curious about the trailer but maybe too polite to disturb us.

Run it by Karl.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 03:57 PM   #19
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
We signed up as Ambassadors, but as yet have had no inquiries from ETI or anyone else. We've only had our Escape for a year, though.

Showed ours at the Spring Fling in NH recently, but the viewers were all there to show their trailers, too!
Old 05-30-2023, 04:04 PM   #20
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
BTW, I just got an email from Oliver, saying that they are having a "Mini-Rally" of 25 or more regional Oliver owners, in Boothbay, Maine, with an Open House event with an Oliver representative there.

Don't know whether Oliver organizes these, or whether the owners do, but this might be a good model for ETI to copy. We'd certainly be interested in participating.