Awning Light Photo Request (Pretty Please) - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2016, 01:57 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Awning Light Photo Request (Pretty Please)

So my wife likes the idea of the awning lights and well, so do I...except when we looked at a 21' last summer, I only briefly saw where the wire entered the trailer and I recoiled in shock.

OK, maybe I didn't, but I think I remember that it just kinda sticks into the upper side of the trailer and is then surrounded by large globs of goop. Then in conversation with Charlie and Lucy last night they mentioned that they kinda wish they had gotten that. Which made me realize that I still have 7 days on my build sheet.

I asked Sarah at Escape if she had a picture of the entry point, but alas, she did not.

Is there anyone who has the factory installed awning lights who could post a couple of pictures of where it enters the trailer? I'm interested in the way they do it (close up) and also what looks like from a little ways away (curb appeal or lack there of).

I realize I'm asking a lot, so when we get our trailer, I promise to pay it forward, if I can.
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:04 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Not factory here, self installed. You can't even see the entry point, since it's right above the white plastic window gutter material. If you're concerned about the appearance, you can always add a strip after the fact. It's cheaper too.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:08 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
mine self installed, check out http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...jack-3134.html
Old 03-15-2016, 03:23 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Here are direct links to Robert' s and Jim's!

Robert's install

Jim's install on page 19
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:37 PM   #5

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Thank you guys so much...however, I was kinda hoping to see how Escape did it. It very might well be better to do it after the fact, but just like some people profess to be able to mod anything, I profess to be able to mod nothing.

Maybe you could tell that by our build sheet, we got everything including the kitchen sink because I know full well, if I get something "ready", (as in solar ready) it would be "ready" forever. Sad, for sure, but a fact.
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 04:54 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
I have a wide shot of it on my camera, but NOT a close up pic of the point of entry

i did look at Az Jacks... i think it was factory installed... and i recall seeing a hole drilled thru the shell, and a sealing of clear caulk.

Not sure how else it could be done.....
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:15 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
I bought the colored LED lights from Carefree and connect them to an external 12v socket with the following connector:

Robot Check

So no holes. I unplug the IR receiver and wires and store in the trailer
46indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 11:20 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
I have a wide shot of it on my camera, but NOT a close up pic of the point of entry

i did look at Az Jacks... i think it was factory installed... and i recall seeing a hole drilled thru the shell, and a sealing of clear caulk.

Not sure how else it could be done.....
They have these same or similar LED strips that run off a battery pack and include remotes as well. Maybe setup some kind of quick connector to plug the battery pack in to the strip when wanting to use them. The rest of the install would be the same, just no hull penetration or wiring necessity. Just kinda throwing the idea out, might work well.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote