Barrons article - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2023, 11:45 AM   #1

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Barrons article

Thought this might be of interest
https://www.google.com/search?q=barr...e-gws-wiz-serp

https://www.investors.com/news/thor-...nd-dissipates/
Iowa Dave
Old 03-07-2023, 12:04 PM   #2

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
"According to the RV Industry Association, total RV shipments fell 62% in January 2023 from a year earlier."

62% is huge!
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 12:10 PM   #3

Trailer: 2016 5.0 TA
Interesting, thanks. I was in to an RV dealer here on the Island on the weekend getting a part. There was almost no place to park because the lot was so filled with their trailers, including across the guest parking area. I asked them about their hugh inventory & how sales were and felt the response was definitely “putting on a brave face”. They did reference current interest rates. I wish them well & hopefully Spring will bring out the customers. However, I have to admit that I’m kind of hoping the slow down translates to easier booking in to some of our favourite Provincial Parks during high season, like Manning Park!
land’SCAPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 06:48 AM   #4

Trailer: 2019 E19
I make the trip from Dallas to Houston a few times a year to see family. I drive past the Casita factory in Rice, Tx every time. For the past two years on my trips the Casita factory has had only a handful of trailers sitting outside. This past weekend the factory had a full parking lot of completed trailers. Well the exteriors look completed anyway, I guess there could be some parts missing inside. I commented to my wife about the fact it looked like there's not a parking spot left inside the fenced parking area.

Casita's website is promoting the same "Price lock guarantee" as ETI is offering and Casita is now giving a free awning to customers if you place an order this month. The Casita website also states that some models may be available immediately.

It appears that Casita may be seeing the same loss of demand.
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 08:46 AM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
In the past, numerous friends and family would often wait to buy a new car or truck when the next model year started arriving on the local lots.

ANECDOTE ALLERT:
When I was in Council Bluffs, Iowa in the early 70s, our local city golf course pro would buy a new Cadillac every fall. He always bought from the local dealer and the same salesman. One year he traded in his Caddy that only had 7,000 miles on it . His salesman had called and told the pro his new car was ready for him and that he couldn’t be there but thanks for the business. This salesman had a standing deal with a secondary buyer or two who always got the trade in. The paperwork done, the salesman was off for the day, leaving behind a note that the trade in would be sold for a certain amount. A new salesman didn’t know the ropes on the swap but did fix the pro up with his new car and watched him drive off. Shortly, a random unknowing new customer came in and asked about the trade in Caddy. The salesman, folder in hand saw the projected sales price of the used car to the usual buyer but no reference of his name and other info. So he shot the new customer the price in the folder and the customer couldn’t get his money out fast enough. Wife took the old car home, customer drove off in his new to him Caddy. About an hour later the intended recipient came in “where’s Louie’s trade in?” “I sold it” said the new salesman. Lots of hard feelings developed that day. We laughed about it for some time. We were lucky to have a good car that started. No Cadillacs in the park workers lot.
Incomplete notes are like missing punctuation or confusing sentences
I beat my wife up every morning……… I get up at six, she gets up at seven.
Mama bear “Let’s eat kids.” Or “Let’s eat, kids.” Punctuation saves lives.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-08-2023, 08:52 AM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
When the pandemic hit and RV sales greatly increased, I thought that in two years there would be a buyer's market for used ones. The pandemic would end and many people would find the RV lifestyle isn't for them. And this wasn't even factoring in the increases in fuel prices and interests rates that were yet to occur.

A few weeks ago I encountered a retiree who was traveling in a Winnebago View. She was an experienced RV'er-- she bought the View two years ago after downsizing from a larger Class C that she had driven for thirty years. She told me the quality control on the View was terrible; she suspected Winnebago had just slapped them together in a hurry to keep up with demand. But it wasn't just Winnebago-- the Mercedes engine had been recalled ten times, she said.

I just looked up the View. That thing costs $200,000! No wonder people are selling their RVs.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote