Build sheet 21 classic due in September - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2016, 08:06 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21 2016
Build sheet 21 classic due in September

We have been hard at work on our build sheet for our 21 Clasic to be hatched in Dec and picked up in April. We would love to hear any suggestions.

Build sheet:

Stainless steel two burner stove and hood cover unattached
Exterior 12v outlet by by the 120v outlet
Additional 12v usb interior outlet
Dual 6v batteries
Inverter 1500w with transfer to all outlets
150w solar panel with charge controller
Surge protector
Removable power cord
Opening window in bathroom
Extra insulation & thermal Windows
Additional exterior LED light over storage box
Air conditioner with digital thermostat
Power tongue jack
Wireless Back- Up Camera
TV cable ready with 120v outlet
Extendable wall mount TV arm
Exterior hatch
Foot flush toilet
Toilet shutoff valve
Winterizing T-Valve
exterior shower ( on passenger side between sink and stove)
Storage cubbies outside bath
Storage box
Custom fabric top and bottom of cushions
U-Shape dinette
Cushion for table 18 X 34 1/2
Leave table unattached with no pedestal
Extra door under bed
One additional light switch by door to overhead light
2 Reinforced walls walls 2 & 6
Customer supplied shower hose and sprayer
Customer supplied Horst tank probes

We are supplying our own flip up tables by the sink and on each side of the dinnette and a Springfield table pedistal with an 18 inch deep table.

We want the outside shower on the passenger side of the trailer. ETI said it will have to go between the sink and stove. Does anyone have it there? If so, will the hose reach behind the trailer?

Is there a mirror anywhere?

We want to put the trailer name ( if we ever settle on one) on the front of the trailer instead of the large Escape name. Is there a website with font choices?

Has any one added a 120 volt outlet to the left of the sink? Does it get much use there?

Thanks
Mitzi
Playdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:57 AM   #2

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Hi Mitzi, WOW! That's quite a build sheet there. You HAVE been busy. No time like the present to build it up!

Here is a picture of the Outside Shower hose. It is a tight coil and 'may' stretch to a length of 8-10 feet. If your passenger side shower location is midway between your sink and stove, that's about 7-8 feet. So I think it will stretch, but be under some tight tension.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:00 AM   #3

Also, There is a standard mirror attached to the inside of the shower door. It is a good size and takes up the upper 1/3 of the shower door:
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Old 06-27-2016, 09:05 AM   #4

Thanks Steve that is very helpful. It looks like I might be able to hose the dog off occasionally without drenching the area under the awning. If it is warm enough we would be hosing her at the water hook up behind the trailer if we are at a site with hookups. I plan to use it mostly for washing up dishes outside.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:08 AM   #5

Mitzi, Sorry, I can't help you with the decals or the 120v outlet. The standard 120v is just below the countertop, midway between the sink and stove. It is very convenient, but about 3 feet away from where you are interested.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:40 AM   #6

Thanks again Steve and Debbie. So happy there is a mirror. Maybe I won't be wondering around the campgrounds with dirt on my face!
Old 06-27-2016, 09:49 AM   #7

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
ETI will supply samples and provide the source for the front graphics. They did "BlackJack" for me vs Escape 21 since both mean the same. The exterior door? you have one standard under the bed, and any on the "U" dinette will be wasted since the batteries are there. There is a standard 120v on front of kitchen, used for coffee, the left side means sink in the way.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:56 AM   #8

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
For the name, I just used MS Word, picking whichever font we liked best. Sent a printout as well as the font I used to create it. Left it up to the graphics folks ETI uses to pick one of their fonts that closely matched what we picked. Came out fine.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:04 AM   #9

Thanks Jim. The extra door is to go under the bed to the right of the angled part. I think the only other under bed access from inside the trailer is at the foot where we plan to place a drawer like others have. I am not very big on fixing myself up but I was thinking I might want to use a hair dryer with an outlet beside the sink down low. I think that one would be able to use the hair dryer there and be use the bathroom mirror at the same time with the door open.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:29 AM   #10

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I was referring to exterior hatch....and you can put an extra outlet by the bath door under the bed, real close to bathroom.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:41 AM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Fonts... My go to site for fonts is font squirrel. There are many sites though. Not sure what file type the ETI graphics place requires though. You could also get it done locally after sale.

Outlet by sink.... Depending on what you mean for placement, just use a stubby extension cord.

Consider an extension table off the end of counter by sink, I use mine often. Some one can point you to a pic.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:27 AM   #12

I thought "exterior" was an auto correct typo. So now I have to ask is there only one standard exterior hatch? Under the bed? And there is nowhere to put another and increase storage accessibility from outside?

Thanks Jim
Old 06-27-2016, 11:33 AM   #13

Hi Bruce
We are making our own counter extensions or flip up tables. We are bringing them all with us to pick up as we always travel with a cordless drill and a small tool box. We will get them installed on our long trip home.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:39 AM   #14

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playdog View Post
Hi Bruce
We are making our own counter extensions or flip up tables. We are bringing them all with us to pick up as we always travel with a cordless drill and a small tool box. We will get them installed on our long trip home.
Are they going to match the rest of the counter, like ETI install?
Attached Thumbnails
17b kitchen counter.jpg  
Old 06-27-2016, 11:48 AM   #15

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
We have been hard at work on our build sheet for our 21 Clasic to be hatched in Dec and picked up in April. We would love to hear any suggestions.

Has any one added a 120 volt outlet to the left of the sink? Does it get much use there?

Thanks
Mitzi
For a long stay in Big Bend I needed to power phones and chargers galore, so I added an additional 120 volt outlet under the side dinette seat for those chargers that never needed attention but would otherwise have added to clutter underfoot. I don't know if Escape will do that for you but I am really glad I put in the effort.

--
Alan
alanmalk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 01:20 PM   #16

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Quote:
I thought "exterior" was an auto correct typo. So now I have to ask is there only one standard exterior hatch? Under the bed? And there is nowhere to put another and increase storage accessibility from outside?

Thanks Jim
We added one towards the back, street side (same side as the one under the bed). Haven't used it yet, because I want to partition that cubby first, so anything stashed in there won't get tangled with our electric cord (you won't have that problem) OR bump into the water pump.

Kinda wish we'd had one put towards the back on the curb side, too; even though the batteries are in that compartment, there's storage for other things, and it's a pain to access if our dinette is being used as a bed (happens on occasion).
Old 06-27-2016, 01:26 PM   #17

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Quote:
Thanks Jim. The extra door is to go under the bed to the right of the angled part. I think the only other under bed access from inside the trailer is at the foot where we plan to place a drawer like others have. I am not very big on fixing myself up but I was thinking I might want to use a hair dryer with an outlet beside the sink down low. I think that one would be able to use the hair dryer there and be use the bathroom mirror at the same time with the door open.
Yes to that extra access door. I stash my "overnight" bag in there, which makes it super handy while I'm taming my hair, etc., with the bath door open so I can use the mirror with plenty of elbow room and fairly decent light.

That's a good idea for an extra outlet placement (or you could even move the one in the galley center), but I like Jim's suggestion to put the extra outlet beneath the bed, between the two accesss doors that you will have. YMMV.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:07 PM   #18

Yes Glen the flip ups will match the ones ETI puts in. I don't much like T mold and may make them out of Baltic birch so I don't have to use the T molding which would mean that the edge would be different but I would still be able to put a slight round over on it. For sure I'll use the same laminate.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:10 PM   #19

Do you have the u dinnette Mary. How much space is in the street side cubby?
Old 06-27-2016, 03:38 PM   #20

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Did a dinette table out of "Baltic birch". It was a shelf in the cabinet over our fridge at home and is much better quality than home depot. It is plywood though, and while some like the look of the edge, the cheaper stuff will have a lot of voids. We did have ETI put T-mold on and it serves as a bumper when the fridge door hits it or your dinette table swings into a flip up with that great range of motion with the Springfield pedestal.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote