Cancelling Trailer Order - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 01:51 PM   #41

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
What people have to remember is every time Escape absorbs a cost for a particular individual it raises the prices for everyone else. I personally don't want to pay more for my trailer, because other people change their mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
No one stated or suggested that the OP should get off Scot Free with Escape Trailers or Escape purchasers picking up the tab.
In reality we all pay for customer dissatisfaction with a product or merchant or service
When you or I purchase a product from Target or Amazon or Walmart and return it for a full refund do you believe their is no cost to the merchant and that cost is not passed along to the consumer in the price of the product ?
Customers change their minds all the time , both before and after they make a purchase
Seems like your just restating what I said.

Yes, when people return stuff to Walmart or other big box retailer that cost is past on to other buyers. According to Walmart it is passed on to over 265,000,000 buyers each week.

Escape produces 2 trailers per day. That means that when Escape absorbs a cost that cost has to be recouped from the 519 other buyers.
Old 08-29-2020, 01:53 PM   #42

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Why do you think Jeff Bezos is worth $200 Billion? He took the Nordstrom model of easy returns and turbocharged it with one-day delivery - even in my little suburb. Then, if you don't like it within 30 days of receipt a free shipping label of offered.

And you're right- people change their minds. California is a super Consumer-Law state and gives the great benefit of doubt to consumers. If the OP were to have a similar case with a mfg. here the mfg. would have to show how they were out $2,000.

I thought British Columbia was a pretty liberal place- are consumers well protected there too or is it Caveat Emptor?
Old 08-29-2020, 01:56 PM   #43

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Not much left on this bone.
Old 08-29-2020, 01:59 PM   #44
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Not much left on this bone.
I agree. The issue is between the OP and ETI, nothing any of us can do to help except support or vent.

I'm closing this thread, it's run it's course.
Closed Thread