Cassette Toilet - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2018, 12:55 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
During the night one can turn off the pump and just flush the urine, then you can rinse in the morning.
I find that the accumulator tank allows for a compromise. With the water pump off there's still a bit of rinsing but no where near as much fresh water used. We do that, not just for overnight use, but anytime where we're set up for a few days.

Also, when we're set up at a place like Baja for more than a week at a time I just use a 1 gallon container for any overnight use. Well, it works for me anyway.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 02:01 PM   #22

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Save a one-gallon anti-freeze container for guy's night visits. But, keep in mind that you need liquid to break up and flush the solids. That's why the tank should be full before dumping. Never hook up to sani-dump and leave the trap open for the duration of your stay. You will end up with a solid pyramid in the tank.
As for TP, you do not have to buy expensive special RV TP. It will dissolve in your hand while you are using it. Just read the label on the package. Most say that they are safe for septic fields.
Twelve rolls for $4.99 beats Canadian Tire at two rolls for $4.49.

Odorlos is a good product for dissolving solids ( including TP ) and stopping odor.
Attached Thumbnails
Cascades TP.png   odor.jpg  
Old 09-08-2018, 02:42 PM   #23

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Save a one-gallon anti-freeze container for guy's night visits.
You the man Glen!
Old 09-08-2018, 03:20 PM   #24

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
If you drink enough alcohol would it truly be anti-freeze?
Iowa Dave
Old 09-12-2018, 01:41 PM   #25

Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo7000 View Post
As a brand new 19 owner, who hasn't yet used the bathroom or gone through the dumping process, I have what may be a stupid question... based on some of the comments I've seen on this thread, it sounds like it only takes about a week of use by 2 people to fill the black tank, is that right?? Has anyone tried not flushing TP to see if capacity would last longer?? I ask because as a long-time river runner, I've do have a lot of experience with portable toilets. I've seen a 5-gallon EcoSafe accomodate 8 people for a week. That is with minimal input of #1, however. Comments?
Welcome to Escape ownership! If you got that many days, with that many people, you are sure to get more from the Escape. You have learned good rules of engagement. Happy travels.
David
DavidGlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:19 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
As a brand new 19 owner, who hasn't yet used the bathroom or gone through the dumping process, I have what may be a stupid question... based on some of the comments I've seen on this thread, it sounds like it only takes about a week of use by 2 people to fill the black tank, is that right?? Has anyone tried not flushing TP to see if capacity would last longer?? I ask because as a long-time river runner, I've do have a lot of experience with portable toilets. I've seen a 5-gallon EcoSafe accomodate 8 people for a week. That is with minimal input of #1, however. Comments?
With three of us.... using mostly the black tank (as opposed to gas stations, etc) as we were remote, plus our toilet was WAY cleaner than horrible gas stations....

we can easily go 4-6 days. after that the black tank tends to smell a bit

the trick then is after you flush, then use the pedal to put a tiny amount of water into the bowl... helps keep the smell out of the interior.

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:50 PM   #27

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5 TA
10 days = half full

Quote:
... based on some of the comments I've seen on this thread, it sounds like it only takes about a week of use by 2 people to fill the black tank, is that right?? ...
Escape 5.0-TA. The two of us routinely go 10 days and never get out black water tank more than 1/2 full. The 5.0-TA has a huge 30 gallon black water tank. Katrina
KatrinaOstby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:54 PM   #28

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
... Our limiting factor tank wise is always the grey. Fortunately you can disperse some via bucket in most places, but we only do it where allowed. The water tank is never an issue, because if there is not fresh water locally available I bring along a couple 5 gal containers to refill with.
Grey limits us too. Guess I just like my showers too much. So the grey fills up and the black sits down under 1/3 full. Is it "legal" to drain some of the grey water into a 5 gallon bucked and then dump it down into the toilet to partially fill the black water tank? Katrina
KatrinaOstby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:03 PM   #29

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrinaOstby View Post
Grey limits us too. Guess I just like my showers too much. So the grey fills up and the black sits down under 1/3 full. Is it "legal" to drain some of the grey water into a 5 gallon bucked and then dump it down into the toilet to partially fill the black water tank? Katrina
When boondocking we do limit our showers to about once a week, but do thorough sponge baths in between. There is nothing wrong with taking some out of your grey tank and dumping it in your toiler. Some campgrounds have grey water dumping stations as tenters and some RVs without holding tanks require them. I have asked and been told at a few campsites to disperse dish water into trees, and have camped off the grid where it is often allowed to dump grey water off away from the site. Many busy and packed type campgrounds disallow grey water dumping, and I always respect that.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:03 PM   #30

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i have trouble filling it. i just add tuns of water at the end when dumping it and during use. its just a big tank i also wash a lot of dishes outside so i really have to work to fill the grey tank too.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:11 PM   #31

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrinaOstby View Post
Is it "legal" to drain some of the grey water into a 5 gallon [bucket] and then dump it down into the toilet to partially fill the black water tank?
It certainly won't hurt the trailer's tanks or plumbing, and wherever you dump anything from the grey tank would be acceptable where you dump the black tank. So if you can do it without making a mess, I say go for it.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:27 PM   #32

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B "L'Escaboose" with 2021 Ford F150 XLT
Here's how I keep from filling up my gray tank at my property. Wouldn't work everywhere but I love my outdoor shower!

Don't use it in the winter when I don't need as many showers but in the hot summer when I'm outside all day showering is only limited by how many trips I want to make to my friends' house to fill up two 7 gallon jugs (which I usually only do once).

The brighter blue is because I didn't have it staked once and a storm came up and ripped two sides so I sewed in new panels in a stronger ripstop nylon. I cut a thick yoga mat in two and use it underneath to protect my feet from the gravel.

I'll probably have a well drilled in the next six months.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2453 1.jpg  
Nindy is offline   Reply With Quote