deposit submitted - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2021, 11:19 PM   #1

Trailer: 2012 E19
deposit submitted

I plunked down my 2 grand for a 17B, expected build date of August 2023. I hope I get moved up a couple of months as I have summers off from work; I really should have been checking more often and was hoping to hit it when the expected build was May or June. Oh well, perhaps they'll move it up a bit; much can happen in a year and a half.

Although, I am not averse to finding a more affordable pre-loved 17B or reversed 19 before then!

I entered a member's name in the referral box because, well, I could, and why not do it?
Old 12-09-2021, 07:33 AM   #2

Trailer: ‘22 21C
Hey Mike, we just signed off on our build sheet yesterday. For reference we put down the deposit in Feb and expect delivery in April, 14 months.
Initially we were given a completion date about 18 months out but through folks dropping out along the way and speeding up production they moved our completion date up
4 or 5 months.
LtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 07:38 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Moovin'!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
I plunked down my 2 grand for a 17B, expected build date of August 2023. I hope I get moved up a couple of months as I have summers off from work; I really should have been checking more often and was hoping to hit it when the expected build was May or June. Oh well, perhaps they'll move it up a bit; much can happen in a year and a half.

Although, I am not averse to finding a more affordable pre-loved 17B or reversed 19 before then!

I entered a member's name in the referral box because, well, I could, and why not do it?
Hi: Mike G... Welcome to the bunch. Summer lucky and some aren't!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 10:38 AM   #4

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtDan View Post
Hey Mike, we just signed off on our build sheet yesterday. For reference we put down the deposit in Feb and expect delivery in April, 14 months.
Initially we were given a completion date about 18 months out but through folks dropping out along the way and speeding up production they moved our completion date up
4 or 5 months.
I think inflation and economic uncertainty may have more people dropping out and sitting on the sidelines for a while
Old 12-09-2021, 11:43 AM   #5

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Wow Mike, I remember going through the process, very exciting time, time seemed to go quick until the last 4 months or so when time slowed right down. Congratulations!!
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 01:52 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofmerc View Post
I think inflation and economic uncertainty may have more people dropping out and sitting on the sidelines for a while
Did Escape raise the base price for the 22 model on your build sheet which was a 21?

I'm finding all kinds or price changes when build started on year and competed next. I guess since their year begins in fall that is when the price goes up.
Old 12-09-2021, 05:11 PM   #7

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Did Escape raise the base price for the 22 model on your build sheet which was a 21?

I'm finding all kinds or price changes when build started on year and competed next. I guess since their year begins in fall that is when the price goes up.
yes, Escape came out several months ago and said any build sheets after the vid will be 2022 prices whether delivered in 2021 or 2022. The caveat is that if you paid the price increase and your trailer was being delivered in 2021, it still would have a 2022 VIN.
Old 12-09-2021, 08:40 PM   #8

Summer 2023 will be my last summer prior to reaching FRA (full retirement age) in spring '24 for Social inSecurity. I figure I can safely swing 8-10 months of payments prior to filing; afterward I plan to keep working for a couple more years while also drawing SS, in order to pay off the trailer loan, because after FRA I can continue earning income without having that earned income dinged to pay back a portion of the 'benefits.'
Old 12-09-2021, 08:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtDan View Post
4 or 5 months.
That's good reason for optimism. Thanks!
Old 12-09-2021, 08:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Mike G... Welcome to the bunch. Summer lucky and some aren't!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
I'm glad you did not say, "summer not"! I like having those summers off from work!
Old 12-09-2021, 08:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsman View Post
Wow Mike, I remember going through the process, very exciting time, time seemed to go quick until the last 4 months or so when time slowed right down. Congratulations!!
Thanks. I bet it will slow down near the end for me, too.

I'm not planning to option mine out very much, btw. I'll be happy with a fairly basic model, provided the fridge cools wonderfully and the trailer with all its components is properly assembled.