Do you need air conditioning? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2018, 11:10 AM   #41

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: cpaharley2008... Our climate here on the north shore of Lake Erie is sometimes the same as Florida. Being surrounded by 2/3 rds of the worlds fresh water has its drawbacks too. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
I hope you do not start to rust there Alf.........
Old 10-09-2018, 12:36 PM   #42

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Hi: cpaharley2008... Our climate here on the north shore of Lake Erie is sometimes the same as Florida. Being surrounded by 2/3 rds of the worlds fresh water has its drawbacks too. Alf

Can you start advertising that?
Snowbirds are starting to appear here already.
Also put a word in to the bugs, they might like the change too.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:58 PM   #43

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilola View Post
Two words: global warming.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/07/c...port-2040.html

Get the AC and eliminate the furnace.
I would still want the furnace. Camping in the mountains, even in summer, can result in some very chilly mornings.

Besides, the reduction in sunspot activity is the steepest it's been in 9,300 years. It looks like we may be entering a maunder minimum; the last one occurred from 1645 to 1715 and the reduced solar output caused significantly reduced temperatures.
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:13 PM   #44

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
That’s a really clever climate comparison which in turn results in discouraging myself and others from visiting your area and thusly keeping it all to yourself .
We have snow predicted for tomorrow night and I can feel the anticipation building .
I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. !!
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:45 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
That’s a really clever climate comparison which in turn results in discouraging myself and others from visiting your area and thusly keeping it all to yourself .
We have snow predicted for tomorrow night and I can feel the anticipation building .
I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. !!
Anxiously awaiting our first, and yes like when I was a kid, waiting for the first flakes to fall.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:59 AM   #46

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Anxiously awaiting our first, and yes like when I was a kid, waiting for the first flakes to fall.
Hi: cpaharley2008... Forecasting the weather here is like being at a fashion show. If you wait a minute it'll change!!! Today is supposed to be our last of the heat wave days. Tomorrow it's "Fall"!!!
Drove home Monday from a cabin up near Algonquin Pk. At 10 am. it was a rainy 8*C and at 4pm. got home to a sunny 24*C. We went from sweater and jacket to shorts and A/C!!! The only part of the weekend I didn't like was no trailer. Alf
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:04 AM   #47

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetzk View Post
Can you start advertising that?
Snowbirds are starting to appear here already.
Also put a word in to the bugs, they might like the change too.
Hi: wetzk... We still have Hummingbirds here, along with "Bugs"!!! Alf
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:02 AM   #48

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Man, we have had a lot of snow over the last couple weeks. October has seen 50 cm (20") of snow so far in October. It is causing huge chaos with the framing of the addition on our house.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:44 AM   #49

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
We're getting 4-8 cm of snow at home today and tonight, but we are not there, however facing Huricane Michael's arrival later today so have "battened down the hatches."

Another consideration we found just last week was the fact Beth uses a CPAP and after having spent a cool weekend at the Mississippi rally certainly not needing the AC, the next night we were at a Cracker Barrel in St. Louis with 80's temps and humid. Beth slept poorly due to the mask feeling so uncomfortable in the heat. The next night had planned to stay at the non power sites at Pickwick Lake in TN, parked by the lake, but decided we'd better check into the powered section across the lake, and glad we did as Beth slept much better.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:00 AM   #50

Trailer: Escape 17 B second generation 2016
We got the A/C on our 2016 17 B. We have used it only occasionally, only when we are somewhere very hot like Southern Utah. We often camp without hookups. We are disappointed in how loud it is and how much it vibrates the trailer as the compressor cycles on and off. If we had it to do again, we might not have it put in.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:06 AM   #51

Trailer: Escape 17B - Sept 2017
Don't use it often but sure glad to have it when I need it. Recent trip from California to Colorado/New Mexico/Arizona and back... very glad I had it on several occasions.
parfsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:19 AM   #52

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
We're getting 4-8 cm of snow at home today and tonight, but we are not there, however facing Huricane Michael's arrival later today so have "battened down the hatches."
Last I heard, “Hurricane Michael” was stalled somewhere near Asheville, N.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
I
When I get home I intend to replace the propane regulator and hope that my remaining problems with the furnace and fridge magically go away. But right now I'm hunkered down in Asheville, NC, waiting for this latest hurricane to pass. After all, it has my name on it.

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #53

Trailer: None yet
If the trailers are A/C ready regardless and the build sheet price is $1,100, does anyone know how much more it would cost to hatve ETI install it after the fact? Given that traveling to ETI is not an issue. Are we talking $100 or $500 more? The warranty consideration is a valid one.
Anachr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:44 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachr0n View Post
If the trailers are A/C ready regardless and the build sheet price is $1,100, does anyone know how much more it would cost to hatve ETI install it after the fact? Given that traveling to ETI is not an issue. Are we talking $100 or $500 more? The warranty consideration is a valid one.
A good question to ask the factory and then post their answer back here.....
Old 10-10-2018, 02:42 PM   #55

Trailer: 2018 escape 21
Just picked up our 21' this summer with no AC. The Max air fan over the bed area is all we need. The fan can change direction to either push air down or push the hot air out. i think AC is only needed in extreme heat and that is rare in BC.
timw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 03:53 PM   #56

Trailer: Escape #2 On The Way
Quote:
Originally Posted by timw View Post
Just picked up our 21' this summer with no AC. The Max air fan over the bed area is all we need. The fan can change direction to either push air down or push the hot air out. i think AC is only needed in extreme heat and that is rare in BC.
A few trips to the Okanagan quickly reminded us to get the a/c when we submitted our build. For 2 weeks we had it on every day, at one point or another.
Bakes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:06 PM   #57

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by timw View Post

If you stay up north, you might be OK, but we used our AC while attending the rally at Osoyoos. So, I would not chance it and order it. Best to have it when you need it. Just my two cents.

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:20 PM   #58

Trailer: 2011 Escape 5.0 single-axle
More light and moving air for me

2011 5.0. Arroyo Grande CA
I recently removed the rooftop AC because: 100 lbs, only works with landline power, noisy, and vibrates the whole trailer.
In its place (in the standard 14” square) I installed a Dometic FanTastic fan/skylight with thermostat. Now theres a little more headroom, more light, a much quieter air flow, and a lighter trailer.
When in storage, the thermostat runs the fan to circulate dry air, and “exercise the batteries” charged by solar panels.
AdobeMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:59 PM   #59

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdobeMatt View Post
.. I installed a Dometic FanTastic fan/skylight ...
Interesting... Dometic has swallowed up Fan-Tastic Vent, as well. They seem to be buying one major brand in every RV product category, and have been doing it for a long time; Atwood was an earlier acquisition (in 2014; maker of Escape's furnaces, stoves, ovens).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:22 PM   #60

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdobeMatt View Post
I recently removed the rooftop AC because: 100 lbs, only works with landline power, noisy, and vibrates the whole trailer.
In its place (in the standard 14” square) I installed a Dometic FanTastic fan/skylight with thermostat. Now theres a little more headroom, more light, a much quieter air flow, and a lighter trailer.
You can get all that and still have air conditioning if you do a mini-split....http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ofit-8249.html

There was some talk in the thread about rear mounting the outdoor unit on the 5.0 models.
Have your cake and eat it too.
Attached Thumbnails
E83E5D57-629D-45A4-AB25-7D726361147D.jpeg   E062FA7A-814D-4D1D-BA92-A7EEA1A42D98.jpeg  
Attached Images

rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote