Double bowl sink - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2016, 08:20 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Double bowl sink

Does anyone have a double bowl sink in their 21? I saw a picture here on the forum of a 5.0 with one. If someone does have a double bowl sink could you send me a photo of it and the surrounding counter top and space between the sink and oven. Thanks

Barton
James Gang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:26 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Someone else did this and to me that is way overkill. We use two plastic tubs inside our sink. This is camping and the 21 is smaller than it looks on 2D. What you will more enjoy with the 21 is more counter space.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:59 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
When Reace and Tammy brought the prototype 21' to the Oregon Gathering.. the unveiling... Tammy told ME that Reace wanted a double bowl sink. Tammy kept telling him, no, no, no.. counter space! Tammy won for the default build.

I figured out a compromise... a larger and deeper Prep Sink. Works for ME!
Attached Thumbnails
Sink_TenForward.jpg  
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:00 PM   #4

In my two previous travel trailers I had double bowl sinks and as far as counter space goes, even with a double sink the Escape appears to have more of that space than the owned trailers. Plus I can get the counter extension. I really would like to see a picture of one in a 21.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:13 PM   #5

Love the Formica Donna....what is it again?

James- you can always make a bigger hole later if you think you need it.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:38 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post

James- you can always make a bigger hole later if you think you need it.
Say what?
Old 07-07-2016, 06:32 AM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Grass - 58-3510. The color is "sage." I love it
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:40 AM   #8

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I have a double sink in our temp trailer, and we don't like it at all. It uses up way too much counter space. A cover would likely help, but I am not likely to do this now.

It really would be a rare occasion we would need a second sink anyway. Maybe when dishes are being done at the same time as food prep, but that would be a rare occasion.

We do like Ross mentioned, and just add a wash basin to the mix if we want another sink bowl.

One thing we found in our 19 that had a flush to the counter glass lid on the stove and the sink, is that we very rarely covered the sink, as it was frequently being used for something, whereas the stove was used only for cooking inside, which did not happen all that often.

And again as Ross says (he sure does say a lot ), if you go with the single bowl and find it does not suffice, installing a larger sink is an easy thing to do.

Our small trailers are all about compromises that work best for our individual styles, so in the end make certain you do what is best for you.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:23 AM   #9

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Gang View Post
In my two previous travel trailers I had double bowl sinks and as far as counter space goes, even with a double sink the Escape appears to have more of that space than the owned trailers. Plus I can get the counter extension. I really would like to see a picture of one in a 21.
Our 2 previous RV's had double sinks . The last was a 9 1/2 camper . At first it was hard to get use to single sink now it is fine . Unless we have hookups we have to be careful with our water use anyway . The camper had 35 gal fresh . We have 20 gal . I think you will have 28 gal . Also if you aren't hook upped your gray will fill really fast . Outside shower can help with that . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:10 PM   #10

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
The OP has already given this some thought and really just wants a picture of a double sink. Why is everyone trying to talk him out of it? It's interesting to me that everyone touts how Escape trailers can be customized to one's personal style but then so many folks strongly suggest that any deviation from their own seemingly logical decision(s) indicates a lack of understanding of systems or camping.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:13 PM   #11

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
The OP has already given this some thought and really just wants a picture of a double sink. Why is everyone trying to talk him out of it? It's interesting to me that everyone touts how Escape trailers can be customized to one's personal style but then so many folks strongly suggest that any deviation from their own seemingly logical decision(s) indicates a lack of understanding of systems or camping.
All interior designers. At least every one is happy with their own trailer .
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:20 PM   #12

Quote:
You say you saw a double sink in a 5.0; you probably meant a 5.0TA. I remember that too and that shows you what it would look like in a 21 as they are identical from the door back on the curbside of the trailer.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Our 2 previous RV's had double sinks . The last was a 9 1/2 camper . At first it was hard to get use to single sink now it is fine . Unless we have hookups we have to be careful with our water use anyway . The camper had 35 gal fresh . We have 20 gal . I think you will have 28 gal . Also if you aren't hook upped your gray will fill really fast . Outside shower can help with that . Pat
Yes it does seem others try to talk you out of what you would like . I guess I should of said go for it , Have had that, and miss it . I try to sit on my hands now and really don't say everything . I have been on his end and now am trying to ride the middle . Every once in a while I can't contain myself . You know what We miss the double sink ,and I would go for it , being we liked them before ,having had them . Pat
Old 07-07-2016, 12:26 PM   #14

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Here you go, the 5.0TA is the same as the 21 as far as the counter area is concerned. We have also have the counter extension that we use for doing dishes and whenever we are cooking outside, which is all the time. Between the extension and the sink cover/s, we have all the counter space we need. The double bowl sink was the right choice for us.

What we could do without, is the 3 burner stove top, 2 would have been sufficient.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20160707_130126 (640 x 480).jpg   IMG_20160707_130145 (600 x 450).jpg   IMG_20160707_130206 (600 x 450).jpg  
Old 07-07-2016, 12:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Here you go, the 5.0TA is the same as the 21 as far as the counter area is concerned. We have also have the counter extension that we use for doing dishes and whenever we are cooking outside, which is all the time. Between the extension and the sink cover/s, we have all the counter space we need. The double bowl sink was the right choice for us.

What we could do without, is the 3 burner stove top, 2 would have been sufficient.
Now I am jealous ! Pat
Old 07-07-2016, 12:33 PM   #16

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
The install of a 90 degree turned two burner stove will leave you with quite some extra counter space beside the double sink.
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:25 PM   #17

I was thinking about something like this: http://www.rvandvansurplus.com/eshop...ts/SSD2519.jpg
Old 07-07-2016, 01:36 PM   #18

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
That doesn't look too big, and if you made a cutting board for the large bowl, having access to the small bowl would give good prep area.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:14 PM   #19

Quote:
I was thinking about something like this: http://www.rvandvansurplus.com/eshop...ts/SSD2519.jpg
Love it !Pat
Old 07-07-2016, 02:16 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Love it !Pat
Also saw your facet sits on top solves a problem too . Pat