E21NE: Which Access Doors? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2021, 11:31 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape 21
Actually, my 2019 Escape layout probably doesn’t fit the format requested here. It’s the old and only available floor plan at the time we ordered ours. My apologies if what I list is not pertinent. Maybe something, perhaps a tad of what we like, can be useful seeds for thought, though.

Having outside access to things, is probably an individual preference, and I’m not recommending others to follow my process.

We decided to go with more, instead of less storage access, and both of us are glad we did. (I just asked my wife, and she still agrees). We use them all, each time we go camping. Lawn chairs and small tables in front hatch, which lets us reach stuff under the bed in our 2019 Escape 21’.

The rear hatch on the driver’s side hold our two shoreline cords, and miscellaneous adapters. The rear hatch on the passenger side contains our propane hoses, a standard 25’ electric cord, a water hose and sprayer, and miscellaneous stuff we intend to use on that side. Yeah, we opted for the outdoor faucets on both sides.

Our front box holds two very heavy gauge tote bags with potable water gear in one, and non-potable connectors and black hose in another, both kept apart from contamination. Leveler and standard chocks are in there too, along with a small toolbox for repairs.

One important thing, is that our rear dinette was made into a permanent bed, and lifting the 8-inch mattress with iKea slats is too hard or inconvenient for easy access. Having the rear hatches there, has been more than a blessing. We aren’t speaking for anyone else, YMMD.
Old 09-22-2021, 12:04 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Gentex View Post
I will neither confirm, nor deny, the potential for my wife or myself, to be able to squeeze thru one of those hatches and come up thru the bench lid.......

What size are the hatches?

They appear to be rather small.
My front, under main bed hatch is almost 10”x24”.
Old 09-23-2021, 10:42 AM   #23

Trailer: 2021 21NE
2021 21NE with front dinette benches (Not U), bed in the back, detachable shore power cord and shower both sides.

Escape could not add access hatch to rear driver side so I ordered an access hatch from them and installed it. I use storage access for electric cord, water hose, connection fittings, etc.

My mistake was ordering the driver side shower or at least not understanding where it would be installed. I removed it to make room for the storage area that I partitioned off with 1/4" and 1/8" plywood.
Attached Thumbnails
Resize of Rotation of PXL_20210212_011053531.jpg   Rotation of Resize of PXL_20210811_181418335.jpg   Rotation of Resize of PXL_20210811_223318295.jpg  
BobG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 11:57 AM   #24

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
Thanks for the info and photos. Was ETI unable to put in the hatch because of the driver's side shower? I cannot see the shower in any of the photos.
marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 12:24 PM   #25

Trailer: 2021 21NE
The shower is shown in the first photo. It has an access flap covering the valves and shower hose connection fitting.

The shower was not the reason Escape didn't want to add the storage access door but it certainly would prohibit the storage access door.

My suggestion to Escape was to move the hot water heater forward a few inches or more and the shore power receptacle back a couple inches and make this area into a usable storage with outside access. I think others have done what I did.

Marant, I don't think the access door to dinette benches matters that much one way or another depending on whether the area is used for storing hookup or setup items. It is an easy access for a thief to open. It is also easy to access from inside for me.

My driver side dinette bench is full of electrical stuff and I do not need access to it from the outside so I did not ask for a storage access door there.
BobG is offline   Reply With Quote