E21NE: Which Access Doors? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-12-2021, 11:38 AM   #1

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
E21NE: Which Access Doors?

Can someone with a current gen 21NE take a look and tell me what equipment is located under the bench seats and bed? I am trying to decide which access doors to order, and do not want to get one that access's a compartment that is already full of stuff from the factory (converters, inverters, batteries, etc.).

I am thinking about ordering dinettes at both ends, so specific information on that setup would be especially helpful.

Also, are the dinettes the same size, such that the bed could be put in the front area instead of the rear?
marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 11:57 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Your sales person would be best to ask these questions and they could even send pictures to help explain......
Old 09-12-2021, 12:05 PM   #3

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Seconding Jim's suggestion.

When I pursued this exact topic with my ETI contact during build-planning I learned that the the equipment locations bearing on the matter varies with selected options, so it was most useful to get info and pics specific to the things I was considering (relying on pics of other folks trailers would have been deceiving and disappointing - each trailer is to a great extent 'unique' in it's options).

In my case that was Linda Fedoruk, she was a patient, always 'smiling', and tireless resource through the whole process. Bless her, I'm convinced she did everything possible to get me a trailer truly 'built for me'.

Just for your consideration, Have Fun!

PS - I'm a new Escape Owner in Bastrop County (Cedar Creek address)
Old 09-12-2021, 12:56 PM   #4

Good idea. I have asked them to assign one to me, but not yet.
Old 09-12-2021, 06:46 PM   #5

Trailer: 2022 E19
Dual dinettes

I'll go against the grain here........

With dual dinettes consider zero external hatches, even including the standard PS rear.

Though if you leave one end as a bed all the time it might not work for you. Outside access may be easier for the "bed" end.

Get the cargo box up front. You can access the storage under the benches easily from inside. Get the cabinet door on the end of the PS front bench as well.

I'm just not a fan of the looks of the hatches myself, your mileage may vary. They are rather small openings as well.

Regardless of hatch selection, consider getting the 4" deeper U dinettes (against the front and rear windows), split those bottom and back cushions, get the 4" back cushions, and split the bench lids for easier access. This will give you more storage, as you will loose such the under the center of the bed area with dual dinettes.

ETI will not split the bench lids if you are getting the Lagun mount in that location.

Bed "should" fit up front, though I can't confirm. Believe another member of this board (Sherminator ?) stated that the front dinette benches were 59" long.

On the 21NE with dual dinettes - believe the following is close

Water heater and water pump will be under DS rear bench
Black tank takes up about 1/2 of DS front bench
Power center in the front U
Invertor ( if picked) mounted on the back face of the PS front bench
Batteries will be in the cargo box

Last thought - with dual dinettes consider a quality air mattress for comfort and flexibility of setup and location
7Gentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 10:57 PM   #6

Here ya go...............

see attached PDF
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 21'NE Custom USD.pdf (420.6 KB, 65 views)
Old 09-12-2021, 11:04 PM   #7

Sneak peek

A 19, but shows the look with no hatches, nor graphics...........

As my 21NE will be..........Clean.....................

Though I am going for the manual awning.
Attached Thumbnails
19 no graphics.jpg  
Old 09-13-2021, 10:22 AM   #8

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21 NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by marant View Post
Can someone with a current gen 21NE take a look and tell me what equipment is located under the bench seats and bed? I am trying to decide which access doors to order, and do not want to get one that access's a compartment that is already full of stuff from the factory (converters, inverters, batteries, etc.).

I am thinking about ordering dinettes at both ends, so specific information on that setup would be especially helpful.

Also, are the dinettes the same size, such that the bed could be put in the front area instead of the rear?
On our 21NE we got hatches wherever they would put them. The dinette bench on the driver side does have electronics, but there is still a lot of useable space that I access from the hatch. I get all my sewer connectors, gloves etc. and two 6 gallon containers for filling the fresh water tank. I know those do sound incompatible, but the sewer connectors are stored in a sealed container. It's much easier to get to these things from outside as opposed to lifting up seat cushions. Same on the passenger side. Most of the time the things that are stored in that space I want when outside. The hatch to access the under bed storage is used for chairs and tables which are used outside.
GregColdewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 10:50 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregColdewey View Post
On our 21NE we got hatches wherever they would put them. The dinette bench on the driver side does have electronics, but there is still a lot of useable space that I access from the hatch. I get all my sewer connectors, gloves etc. and two 6 gallon containers for filling the fresh water tank. I know those do sound incompatible, but the sewer connectors are stored in a sealed container. It's much easier to get to these things from outside as opposed to lifting up seat cushions. Same on the passenger side. Most of the time the things that are stored in that space I want when outside. The hatch to access the under bed storage is used for chairs and tables which are used outside.
So what do you use the front storage box for?
Old 09-13-2021, 11:58 AM   #10

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21 NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
So what do you use the front storage box for?
Front storage box has batteries, water hose, electrical cord, wheel chocks and levelers, assorted tools and parts. It's mostly full with these items.
GregColdewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 02:27 PM   #11

Just was assigned Linda Fedoruk as our contact. Will be able to get the info we need based upon our configuration.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and information. Will come back with our configuration and reasons.
Old 09-13-2021, 05:55 PM   #12

Trailer: 2021 21NE F2

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/m...icture3561.jpg
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/m...icture3558.jpg
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/m...icture3560.jpg
Here are some pictures from our 2021 21NE. We have double dinettes and love it! We only got one exterior access door on the drivers front. We also got the interior access door on the passenger front. So the rear drivers side we access through the inside only.
mfschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 08:10 PM   #13

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by marant View Post
Just was assigned Linda Fedoruk as our contact. Will be able to get the info we need based upon our configuration.
Congrats, you're off-and-running with a Pro-from-Dover, IMO / IME

Have Fun!
Old 09-14-2021, 07:26 AM   #14

Trailer: 2018 21
Got locked out of our 21. Without a fwd hatch that my wife could squeeze through into the trailer I'm not sure how we would have gotten in.
rotorbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:38 PM   #15
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorbudd View Post
Got locked out of our 21. Without a fwd hatch that my wife could squeeze through into the trailer I'm not sure how we would have gotten in.
We have the electric lock/keypad on our rig.

Trying to factor in the "what ifs", we have two lanyards that we travel with. Both lanyards have the duplicate keys for our "JoMoE". The spare set goes into the lock box in the console of the truck.

The set we keep in the trailer also have the spare set of keys for the truck on it...just in case...and only when we are travelling.

The only "access" my wife or I might remotely consider would be the emergency escape window...and only if there were no cameras around...which makes it even less likely.
Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 05:54 PM   #16

Hatch dimensions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorbudd View Post
I will neither confirm, nor deny, the potential for my wife or myself, to be able to squeeze thru one of those hatches and come up thru the bench lid.......

What size are the hatches?

They appear to be rather small.
Old 09-14-2021, 06:06 PM   #17

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Gentex View Post
I will neither confirm, nor deny, the potential for my wife or myself, to be able to squeeze thru one of those hatches and come up thru the bench lid.......

What size are the hatches?

They appear to be rather small.
Y'all going to have to be Carneys to slide thru those hatches...
Old 09-15-2021, 07:44 AM   #18

You could always deputize a small child to enter and unlock the door..........
Old 09-15-2021, 09:52 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
You could always deputize a small child to enter and unlock the door..........

Good thought!
Old 09-15-2021, 09:59 AM   #20

I have always kept the black tank related in a tote in the back of the pickup.

Fresh water related in a separate tote there as well on the other side of the pickup bed.

Same for anything potentially dirty/muddy or large (leveling boards, chairs, tables, etc.)

But, whatever works.