Escape 21 - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #41

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #3
The slider window is installed in the bathroom. It slides vertically, and the screen will also slide, giving access for a hose to clean out the black water tank.
TAfraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #42

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I doubt the Jack antennae is standard. It may be the new 'standard' for the option.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #43

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
It replaced the Winegard antenna, there is a option to have the tv ready installed, this includes antenna and a cable hookups installed, you maybe confusing the two nomenclatures. If you want to watch tv, you will have to purchase this option and includes the antenna, be it winegard the older and Jack the newer antenna model included in the "TV ready" option.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #44

Trailer: 2012 17B
This from Kim, as of today: The antenna will only be a Jack antenna if you request it. The cost is $300 instead of the $250 for the regular one. If you are wanting the Jack, be aware that it does sit much higher than the regular - it sits 11" high instead of 6" high.
Sally P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #45

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
We have the Winegard on our 17B. The only time we camped where there was any over air reception we got 5 PBS channels that all had the same programming.
I think we'll skip the antenna, but spec the cable ready in case We ever want to get a Tailgater and Dish satellite receiver.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #46

Trailer: 2001 Bigfoot 21RB/ 73Boler/Trillium 5500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Kathie View Post
Hi folks,

We will be picking up our 21 November 7th and the time is flying by. So many ideas! We are headed up to the factory tomorrow to go over our final (?) decisions. I guess the big things are solar with 2 6V batteries, thermal windows and insulation, gas/elec water heater, oven, custom formica and upholstery, bike receiver, high mount brake lights, kitchen counter extension, 2 extra 12 v outlets, LED lights, front storage box and stainless sink. Dave is on the fence about the detachable power cord and outside shower and now Jon has mentioned the amplified cell phone antenna! I like the idea of a pressurized shock to hold up the mattress cover - thanks!

Other than that we really feel like we need to sit in the trailer and think about where the outlets are and where we want shelves, hooks, extra lights - maybe an inside switch for the porch light. Will turn in our report from Chilliwack later this week.

(Dave) & Kathie
Also consider the dishwasher and the deep sink, washer/dryer, heated towel rack and toilet seat.
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #47

Trailer: No more Escape 21
Chuck, is that a heated toilet seat?
Old 09-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #48
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
IF you are a boondocker, and MUST stay connected... check out RV Sue's blog. I don't know if this will suit your needs, but it works for Sue and she spends most of her time... off the grid: Internet Antenna | rvsue and her canine crew
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:07 PM   #49

Tongue Wheel

Does anyone know if the tongue wheel is standard, or an option on Escape trailers?
Old 09-03-2013, 11:13 PM   #50

I have one for my 17, but I never use it...not sure if it was standard or the original owner purchased it as an option.
I think the 21's are going to be pretty heavy on the tongue to wheel around.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #51

Trailer: 2013 21ft escape
Marine T/P Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAfraser View Post
We're planning the following modifications: Bathroom; mounting a Marine T/P holder to keep things dry, two towel bars on the inside of the door, and a combination Toothbrush/Toothpaste holder with Paper cup dispenser, and a long mirror on the outside of he door. Closet: Reducing the hanging space to about 8" and installing two shelves about 13" wide. Space between bathroom and exit door; Design, build, and install a cabinet that will hold bathroom toiletries.
Hi
Randy & I will soon be the proud owners of a 21' Escape in October. I am new to this forum which is awesome. I am looking for a Marine T/P holder can you tell me where you found yours. We are so excited about the Escape Nd appreciate all the fabulous information on the forum.
Bostonbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:47 PM   #52

Hi Bostonbelle,
I got ours at West Marine.
SAIL SYSTEMS Holder at West Marine

Welcome to the forum.
There's a gathering at Maryhill SP next May you might want to attend - details are in post #32 of this thread.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #53

Thanks a million ! I have a couple of girls too. They look priceless.
Diane
Old 09-04-2013, 12:07 AM   #54

Trailer: 2016 21
highlift option

Hi Tom,

I asked Kim @ info@escapetrailer.com about the high lift option and received :

"We do offer a highlift option with 15’ tires for the 17’."

It was a couple of months ago, and I only asked about the 17'.

Bill
Bill_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:30 AM   #55

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
The tongue wheel is an option.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #56

Trailer: Escape
In reference to the awning bathroom window binding.

As mentioned previously, they have problems making such a small opening window. I don't know why they can't get them straight, but that is the best Hehr will do. I have just recently switched this window to a vertical slider rather than the crank open style. I can send you the newer version if you want to change it?
Old 09-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #57
Commercial Member

Trailer: All Escape(s)
Just to clear up some confusion on a few of the questions....

The JACK antenna will be an option along with the Roadstar 3000 antenna. The Jack antenna will stick up about 11" above the roof which is not necessarily practical for those that need a lower clearance.

I have recently found a supplier for stainless center caps that have a cap that pops off for easy access to the axle hub without having to remove the entire wheel. The aluminum rims have not changed.

The bathroom window has changed from a crank open window to a vertical slider due to the problems Hehr was having with them.

Reace
reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #58

Marine TP holder

We used the Marine TP holder in our Casita for years. Taking showers didn't bother the TP, and there's nothing worse than moist or wet TP, well, maybe that's an exaggeration? Anyhow I can't remember where I got the first marine TP holder, but so far the cheapest place I've been able to find it is on-line at defender.com. They have it for $24.99. It's made by SSI and the part number is 31000000. That's 6 zeros. I've never purchased from these guys so I can't vouch for them. Other sites have it for $29.99 so the savings aren't high if you have confidence in another site.
Hope this helps
Tom
Old 09-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #59

Tom,
Thank you for your help. I got a little behind on figuring this modification out for our new escape so time is important since our 21' Escape is production. The Dry Toilet Paper Holder needs to be sent to Tammy ASAP so thank you ... Thank you... We live in Federal Way just a hop,skip and a jump from Auburn. Both Jim and you were a tremendous help to Randy&I because we were clueless about the endless possibilities for our new Escape. We are getting so excited about picking up our Escape the 1st week in October. Let the adventures begin. Again ... Thanks Diane
Old 09-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #60

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
coming from an Escape 19' I can say no to the dual 6 volts, the oversized 12v option is adequate and saves you about 50lbs, no to the electric water heater as 1 hour on propane is all you need for hot water, no to bike receiver as it shakes all over and I ended up putting bikes inside, there are no kitchen counter extensions option and I have never used the outside shower in 4 years. The other options are practicable. There is no need for high brake lights, they are standard on the 21 model.
Thanks Jim,

Just got back from the factory - great visit - very busy there! Just to clarify, we love hanging out in Natl Parks, etc with no hookups so we are sticking with the dual 6V (added the 1500 watt inverter). When we do have hookups and are paying for electric may as well use it to heat the hot water. Since I love to bake we will already be heavy users of the propane with the oven. We wouldn't be without the bikes and do not have a problem carrying them which also means we need the high mount brake lights for safety - the bikes really obscure the lower lights. BTW the extra brake lights are listed as an option on our build sheet. There is a kitchen counter extension option available. We weren't sure about the outside shower but spent some time with Dennis (Tammie's dad) looking at his 21 which was there and he made enough good points that we are keeping it - saves on your gray tank when you're boondocking.

It sounds like the shelf between the door and the bathroom will be standard once Reace get's it worked out. I don't know if I like that or not, I was looking forward to having a space to hang up wet coats and a spot for the trash can but I want to see how it comes out.

Reace's Mom & Dad showed up and we had a nice talk with them too! Nice to see the families so involved. They love the 21 and can't wait to see the new 5.0. They really want us to come to the Escape rally in June so it's on our list. We were so excited and spent so much time talking to everyone, making final decisions, taking measurements, etc that we forgot to take pictures (sorry Donna).

Kathie
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote