Escape 23 -anxious for a peek - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-04-2022, 05:30 PM   #1

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21C
Escape 23 -anxious for a peek

Hi all, I know the Escape 23 is not everyone’s “cup of tea”, but I for one would like to see the finished first prototype. In August Karl said the first prototype would be complete at the end of September, and second (twin bed) at the end of October. I was hoping a new video would drop that would give a peek at the finished first prototype. We are wanting to upgrade to a new trailer, and I have been waiting to see this before making a final decision, between Oliver, Alto and the Escape 23. Is there anyone else hoping for a peek?
KarenPDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 06:19 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPDX View Post
Hi all, I know the Escape 23 is not everyone’s “cup of tea”, but I for one would like to see the finished first prototype. In August Karl said the first prototype would be complete at the end of September, and second (twin bed) at the end of October. I was hoping a new video would drop that would give a peek at the finished first prototype. We are wanting to upgrade to a new trailer, and I have been waiting to see this before making a final decision, between Oliver, Alto and the Escape 23. Is there anyone else hoping for a peek?
We've all been waiting with bated breath; my impression is that work on the prototype has (understandably) taken a back seat to the production backlog.

The Oliver Elite II, while heavy and expensive, is actually less roomy than our Escape 21C, but it is beautifully appointed, and four-season capable.

Does Alto make anything comparable in size to our E21, or the E23? They are neat campers, but are not molded fiberglass. Have you been in an E21, either NE or C?
Old 10-04-2022, 07:29 PM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
With what I imagine the 23 is going to cost it is probably wise to compare with Oliver. I just priced out a new 19 today with options equivalent to our current 2010 19 with modifications and it would be $55K U.S.! That’s just plain crazy.
Old 10-04-2022, 10:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
We've all been waiting with bated breath; my impression is that work on the prototype has (understandably) taken a back seat to the production backlog.

The Oliver Elite II, while heavy and expensive, is actually less roomy than our Escape 21C, but it is beautifully appointed, and four-season capable.

Does Alto make anything comparable in size to our E21, or the E23? They are neat campers, but are not molded fiberglass. Have you been in an E21, either NE or C?
Escape - I like the layout of the 23 best, but might consider the 21NE. I love the storage and general layout, larger table area and quality. I dislike all the options, some that should be standard. I don’t like the lack of easy access to turning things on and off like the inverter and water pump.

Oliver - Amazing quality, and everything has easy access to both to use and repair. Did I mention Quality. Dislike - I don’t like layout, small refrigerator, small table and lack of counter space.

Alto 2414 - Amazingly light both in weight and with all the windows. I love the layout best of all 3, and they have drawers in the kitchen that I would love in my home kitchen. Dislike - their company website has very little information and there there doesn’t seem to be the support from other trailer owners or the company that Escape and Oliver have in abundance. It is probably 3rd on the list because of that. I worry more about quality, though I like the looks and layout
Old 10-04-2022, 11:09 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Escape - I like the layout of the 23 best, but might consider the 21NE. I love the storage and general layout, larger table area and quality. I dislike all the options, some that should be standard. I don’t like the lack of easy access to turning things on and off like the inverter and water pump.

Oliver - Amazing quality, and everything has easy access to both to use and repair. Did I mention Quality. Dislike - I don’t like layout, small refrigerator, small table and lack of counter space.

Alto 2414 - Amazingly light both in weight and with all the windows. I love the layout best of all 3, and they have drawers in the kitchen that I would love in my home kitchen. Dislike - their company website has very little information and there there doesn’t seem to be the support from other trailer owners or the company that Escape and Oliver have in abundance. It is probably 3rd on the list because of that. I worry more about quality, though I like the looks and layout
On our 2019 Escape 21C the water pump switch is a button right about the stove (along with the water heater switch). The inverter control on ours is below one of the dinette benches, which is a bit annoying, but check with Escape, as they're moving to different electronics this year, and always making improvements.

The Alto 2414 is indeed amazingly light for a 24' trailer, and a very attractive unit, inside and out (judging from their website). Remember they have laminated sides and roof, and that means seams. I would wonder about longevity, but I am a molded-fiberglass partisan. MFG trailers don't leak, and they last a long time.

There is an Alto Facebook group. I posted a photo I took of one of their raised-roof campers there.

If you are OK with 'stickbuilt' aluminum construction, you might take a look at the inTech Terra, also a very attractive 24' trailer (we almost bought an inTech Sol Horizon last year, until I learned about their aluminum axle mounts breaking and bailed out—new models have better axle support, and the inTech Terras are tandem-axle trailers, too).

Have you looked at Bigfoots? Escapees who want bigger molded-fiberglass trailers upgrade to Bigfoot: all-season, dry baths, excellent reputation. There's a dealer in the Pacific NW who is advertising two new 25' RQ units in stock. Some say you need a ¾ ton truck to tow the 25s, though.
Old 10-05-2022, 10:01 AM   #6

I like In Tech, but weight matters, In Tech, Airstream and Bigfoot are all too heavy for our Tundra, or at least heavier than we want to pull with our Tundra.
Old 10-05-2022, 11:31 AM   #7

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Most older tundras have a relatively low payload of 1500 or less so you are correct, inadequate for those trailers you listed. You can spec a new one carefully to get 1800 lbs of payload which would be adequate. We are awaiting our 25 RQ this next mont. my truck has a payload of 1800 lbs and I’ll probably replace it next year.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 04:49 PM   #8

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Hi all, I know the Escape 23 is not everyone’s “cup of tea”, but I for one would like to see the finished first prototype. In August Karl said the first prototype would be complete at the end of September, and second (twin bed) at the end of October. I was hoping a new video would drop that would give a peek at the finished first prototype.
Don't hold your breath. See Escape's September update video in YouTube for comments:

The stupid built-in player in this forum's website ruins the link, so you will need to manually select the Escape 23 question from the contents list, or jump to 10 minutes and 47 seconds within the video.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 07:10 PM   #9
Site Team

If you haven't seen it, I think this video from July is the latest tour:

Also on the Escape 23 page:

https://escapetrailer.com/the-23-escape/