Escape 5.0 build sheet and recommendations - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2020, 12:04 PM   #21

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrower View Post
Can it be mounted in the Escape as an undermount?
I would think so, I am not familiar with how an undermount attaches. I doubt ETI would do it that way, but you never know, you could ask them if not have them leave the sink off your build sheet and do it once you have the trailer.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:09 PM   #22

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
You can always use a tub or container of some sort in the sink for washing the dishes. You don't need to fill the whole sink with water. Remember that. What a deeper sink does do, is it keeps the water inside the sink, not splashed all over... like the counter, blinds, floor or me!
Exactly!

Want2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 01:21 PM   #23

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrower View Post
Can it be mounted in the Escape as an undermount?
Undermount sinks leave the edge of the countertop exposed above the perimeter of the sink fixture. Therefore they are usually installed in a 'solid surface' countertop material such as 'Corian', faux/resin-stone, etc which provide the same material and 'water proofness' throughout the exposed edge and allow a rounded edge for the countertop cutout for a more desirable tactile and aesthetic situation.

Generally considered not a suitable mounting method for countertops of laminate-covered plywood such as Escape uses, even if the exposed edge is laminated, due to risk and adverse effects of water penetrating the plywood edge over time and the less-than-desirable sharp-edge of the cutout which is exposed above the fixture.

Generally fixtures designated for either undermount or drop-in mounting (aka 'dual-mounting' or similar) will have provisions to mechanically clamp the fixture to countertop from below when installed as drop-in, while those designated for undermount-only will not (they typically have a mounting system which does not accommodate the thickness of the countertop if 'dropped-in'). In the latter case the fixture can often be sufficiently secured as a drop-in by applying a bead of adhesive-sealer under the flange, effectively 'bonding' it to the countertop. Fixtures designated for drop-in-only installation will invariably have the mechanical clamping provisions.

Probably more than you wanted to read, but hope that helps.
Old 11-21-2020, 02:24 PM   #24

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
Undermount sinks leave the edge of the countertop exposed above the perimeter of the sink fixture. Therefore they are usually installed in a 'solid surface' countertop material such as 'Corian', faux/resin-stone, etc which provide the same material and 'water proofness' throughout the exposed edge and allow a rounded edge for the countertop cutout for a more desirable tactile and aesthetic situation.
Very good explanation, thank you.
Old 11-21-2020, 05:34 PM   #25

Trailer: 2021 21C - March Delivery
Electricity: Yes, these options are expensive, but I decided to pay up, as I don't want to run out battery power in the middle of 3-day stay.
We are heavy users of inverter electric (battery) and have found the single 170 watt solar and two 6 volts very adequate. Except traveling during winter weather and use of the furnace would the 3 days you mention come into play. I haven't had the need but if I were wanting more battery lasting power I would have a Zamp port installed and then buy a portable if and when the occasion arose that we needed more. Another option to consider is two solar panels.

This is very helpful to know. I was planning on the two lithium batteries and two panels and will be chatting with Joldie about it next week. Living in Southern California and traveling during the summer, I'm very interested in knowing whether lithium will power the AC at all.

P.S. Ronn, I just ordered the sink you showed. I was planning on a Houzer but the one I want is out of stock on Amazon and my build sheet is due Dec 17. Thanks for sharing it.
AmyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 05:59 PM   #26

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
Quote:
I'm very interested in knowing whether lithium will power the AC at all.
I am pretty sure the ETI-supplied 1500W inverter doesn’t have enough oomph to run either of the ETI-supplied air conditioners. But many forum members have “juiced up” the electrics and or installed more efficient split a/c so it can be done. Or purchase a generator to allow them to run the A/C. ETI will install the soft start option on the A/C for a price. The soft start limits the power surge as the fan and compressor start up. This surge is often enough to trip circuit breakers on the smaller (eg 2200watt) generators.

Here’s an article. on soft start. https://camperreport.com/softstartrv-questions/?amp=1
camp4528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 06:04 PM   #27

Can you explain the slow-start? Many thanks.
Old 11-21-2020, 06:09 PM   #28

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have always preached that camping is different than being home. While camping you have your own power source, battery power and propane fuel. Between these 2 items you should be able to live in your Escape for a long time before needing replenishment. That said, I have learned to use my 12v sparingly and have never missed not having 120v access. Prior proper planning (remember the 7 P's) allows one to heat and cool your unit unless you are in extremes, then of course 120v would be needed in those temperature ranges.
Old 11-21-2020, 06:11 PM   #29

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Amy,
The stock solar and dual 6 volt batteries will give you unlimited use in sunny/partial sunny weather you have in California.
Old 11-21-2020, 07:21 PM   #30

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyT View Post
Can you explain the slow-start? Many thanks.
Apologies Amy. I used the incorrect term slow start instead of the more correct soft start. I edited my post and added a few more details.
camp4528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 02:45 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I have always preached that camping is different than being home. While camping you have your own power source, battery power and propane fuel. Between these 2 items you should be able to live in your Escape for a long time before needing replenishment. That said, I have learned to use my 12v sparingly and have never missed not having 120v access. Prior proper planning (remember the 7 P's) allows one to heat and cool your unit unless you are in extremes, then of course 120v would be needed in those temperature ranges.
Oh, you must fill me in! I haven't heard of this. Hubs and I have only ever tent camped, this is a whole new ball game.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:43 PM   #32

Trailer: Escape 5.0
I'm about to sign off on my build sheet, one last thing, can anyone show me some pictures of Escape with fabric Chinchilla Ultra Leather #6009, and Monroe Steel?
dragontale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:22 PM   #33

I believe this video includes the chinchilla option.
Old 11-24-2020, 12:46 AM   #34

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you!
Old 11-24-2020, 01:34 AM   #35

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
And here's a post with Monroe Steel I happened to have bookmarked:

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post329246

Don't forget that whatever you choose will be on all the window-shade valances, too
Old 11-24-2020, 06:23 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyT View Post
I was planning on the two lithium batteries and two panels and will be chatting with Joldie about it next week. Living in Southern California and traveling during the summer, I'm very interested in knowing whether lithium will power the AC at all.
This is my question and Joldie's answer:

Lithium batteries/solar panels (quantity... what do I need?) Can two panels/lithium batteries run the AC (or for how long?) And what is a soft start? - two lithium batteries will run the AC for about 1.5hrs. For every additional lithium battery you add you will get approx. another 45mins. Solar will work hard to keep your batteries charged, but much depends on the weather and the draw from the AC will be to great for the solar to keep up. Because of the high draw from the AC most people wanting to use it while boondocking revert to a generator for power. A soft start is designed to reduce the starting current of the Air Conditioning unit. It is used to reduce the inrush currents and limit torque, useful if you want to protect your equipment, extend the life of the motor and reduce motor heating with frequent starts and stops. The soft start provides a gentle acceleration up to full speed and is only used at startup.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:08 PM   #37

Thank you Centex, Monroe Steel would be my first choice if I don't have to worry about cleaning!

Thanks to everyone on the board, you've all been very kind and helpful. I've sent in my finalized build, 3 more months to go for the final delivery!
Old 11-24-2020, 06:25 PM   #38

How exciting!!! When do you take delivery??
Old 11-24-2020, 07:01 PM   #39

My completion date is Feb 26, 2021. I plan to take delivery in March, if the boarder is open. Otherwise I'll have them deliver to Sumas, WA
Old 11-24-2020, 07:54 PM   #40

How lucky that you are local! Mine will be delivered to Southern California late March. Can't wait to see her.

Tags
escape 5.0 build sheet