ETI 2022 prices are posted - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-09-2021, 07:02 AM   #41

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Remember that thread awhile back on a different price for US and Canadian customers? Got beat to death. Are we going that way again?
Old 07-09-2021, 07:21 AM   #42

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerMan View Post
Yankees?

informal•often derogatory
a person who lives in, or is from, the US.
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 07:24 AM   #43

Trailer: 2019 E19
Everyone wants to talk about the added costs for ETI due to inflation or the exchange rate but nobody has mentioned the efficiency savings ETI has realized in the past few years. There's a concept called "Economies of scale" that manufacturers realize when they increase production. I would say that ETI has benefited greatly from this. I say this because from what I can tell they have more than doubled their production in the past few years and are still using most of the same facilities. Oh sure they've had to add headcount and more equipment here and there but it doesn't take double the headcount or double the trailer moulds to double the output of a factory. In fact I'd be surprised if ETI added more than 30 - 40% to their headcount to realize the doubling of production. So as ETI ramps up production levels their capital depreciation and labor become a smaller component of every trailer built. I would be surprised if ETI has not realized as much or more in profit margin improvement per unit due to the production ramp efficiencies as the inflationary costs they've incurred in the past year. Just my opinion of course...

With all of that being said, ETI is a private company and as such they can set the pricing to whatever level they want. They can increase the prices by 50%, 100%, etc, if they so choose. The only thing that customers can do about it is speak with their feet. If we're not happy with it then we need to move on.

I will also say that while most companies do not get this type of scrutiny in their pricing I think that ETI ultimately invites it because of their business model which is direct to customer and keeps their customers locked on a long waiting list with an unknown future pricing. I've worked at companies that had months long waiting lists for their products, but those customers knew when they placed their order what their pricing would be.
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 07:38 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyG View Post
informal•often derogatory
a person who lives in, or is from, the US.
To a southerner the Yankees live up north somewhere.
To a Northerner the Yankees live in New England.
To a New Englander the Yankees live in Boston.
To a Bostonian the Yankees live in Beacon Hill.

To a Red Sox fan , well, you know...

When in Boston, I'm the only person in town who doesn't talk funny.
Old 07-09-2021, 07:53 AM   #45

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
You really need to research before you post a ridiculous post like this.
It appears members on this site have free range posting personal attacks like this.

As a member the forum I would appreciate the moderator make note of these personal attacks.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 07:56 AM   #46

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
You have said that, three times. Buy another trailer; one that hasn't raised prices.
Again, another Escape Owner being so nice.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 08:24 AM   #47

Quote:
To a southerner the Yankees live up north somewhere.
To a Northerner the Yankees live in New England.
To a New Englander the Yankees live in Boston.
To a Bostonian the Yankees live in Beacon Hill.

Context matters whenever a word has several connotations. In this thread the poster was clearly using the word to mean 'Americans' as fits definition (1) that I pasted.

To a non-American, 'Yankee' means American. They are less interested in the short period of time when half the country tried to not be Americans anymore. They are probably even less interested in baseball.
Old 07-09-2021, 08:35 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyG View Post
Context matters whenever a word has several connotations. In this thread the poster was clearly using the word to mean 'Americans' as fits definition (1) that I pasted.

To a non-American, 'Yankee' means American. They are less interested in the short period of time when half the country tried to not be Americans anymore. They are probably even less interested in baseball.
Who don't know that? Geessh. Just trying to have a little fun this morning.
Old 07-09-2021, 08:44 AM   #49

Quote:

Shoulda gone with 'Muricans.
Old 07-09-2021, 08:48 AM   #50

Trailer: T@B CS
Quote:
Me too, I didn't count on upsetting a Red Sox fan...

Back to the topic.... I am not a wealthy retiree (4.5 years to go)buying a decked out 19 out of spare change. $3000 is a significant chunk of change and while we are still likely to still go through with our purchase (May of '23 is still a long way off) it will likely mean stock framed windows, no kitchen upgrades, and a basic solar set up. Not sure about the $700 hitch upgrade either. But prices will only continue to climb so putting it off isn't a solution either. Escape was a reasonably priced, well built trailer for years but the reasonably priced part is slipping away.
Robc inWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 08:52 AM   #51

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
It appears members on this site have free range posting personal attacks like this.

As a member the forum I would appreciate the moderator make note of these personal attacks.
If you are offended by a post, there is a red triangle on left bottom and you can click that to bring it to the attention of a moderator. Yes, I did think the post from diannelgraham was unfortunate.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 03:39 PM   #52

Trailer: 2021 escape 17
Am I backwards. It seems to me that US dollars are worth 1.25 Can Dollars, so I can't see why US customers get a 10% bump in price for 2022, but Can customers only get 5%. When I factor in the difference in currency value, the US price bump is another 25% more. I asked Escape for the justification for having such a different increase depending on location of customer. Their response was along the lines of the CEO decides. Looking at other options now, as kinda really bothered by getting treated "unfairly. I can't see why they would have more expenses selling a US customer a trailer compared to a Canadian customer.
ekschlanger@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 03:48 PM   #53

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekschlanger@yahoo.com View Post
I can't see why they would have more expenses selling a US customer a trailer compared to a Canadian customer.

Many, if not most of the components are imported from the U.S. and paid for in U.S. dollars.
Old 07-12-2021, 04:15 PM   #54

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Am I backwards. It seems to me that US dollars are worth 1.25 Can Dollars, so I can't see why US customers get a 10% bump in price for 2022, but Can customers only get 5%. When I factor in the difference in currency value, the US price bump is another 25% more. I asked Escape for the justification for having such a different increase depending on location of customer. Their response was along the lines of the CEO decides. Looking at other options now, as kinda really bothered by getting treated "unfairly. I can't see why they would have more expenses selling a US customer a trailer compared to a Canadian customer.
Did you read post #38? Poster did a good job on explaining
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 04:43 PM   #55

Trailer: 19 Escape, arrived March 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
US dollar has lost ground to the Canadian dollar so that has some to do with the larger percentage increase.
And if my memory is correct, it's worth remembering that a year ago, Canadian Escape prices went up, but US prices remained the same. The explanation was that the US dollar was super strong against the Canadian dollar so US prices were stable and able to absorb otherwise inflationary pressures.
thunderworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 08:00 PM   #56
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
I will just say this.

A 10% Price Increase is SHOCKING and UNJUSTIFIED!

Robbers and Thieves!!!!!!
One question: Maybe I missed it, but who's forcing you to buy? These aren't essential items - they're recreational.

Calling them robbers means they have taken your money by force. Calling them thieves means they snuck in and stole it. When did that happen? Words have meaning.

If you don't like the price increase, so be it, but no need for name calling with no basis in fact.
Old 07-12-2021, 09:32 PM   #57

Trailer: 2019 E19
Quote:

I'm not particularly happy with the increase either. The base 5.0 pricing went up 11.66%. I'm still undecided on what we will do. However as I said several posts back, ETI is a private company and can do whatever they want when it comes to pricing their trailers. It sounds like that's about what they told you. In the end we're powerless to affect that pricing aside from canceling our orders or never placing the order in the first place for those that are still looking.
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 06:43 AM   #58

Worth saying again.

If I want something, see the value and can find the money, I'll buy it.

What someone else pays for the same product does not concern me.
Old 07-13-2021, 11:19 AM   #59

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Quote:
Worth saying again.

If I want something, see the value and can find the money, I'll buy it.

What someone else pays for the same product does not concern me.
Totally agree we researched for 3 yrs. eco reform deciding on an Escape after visiting the facility before buying . At the time best bang for my $$$$ and still is but not a good as then

David
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 01:51 PM   #60

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Yankees?
Rob must not be a Twins fan. Just joshing.