Exterior Access Hatch - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2015, 05:43 PM   #21

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Now that we've morphed to table size, don't get the idea that the one used on the U dinette is small, it isn't. The one on the non U must be huge.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:06 PM   #22

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
It's huge - Norma loves it
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:29 PM   #23

Trailer: 2008 Bigfoot 25B17.5G
We got a rear passenger/curb side hatch added to our used 17B at the factory a couple months after buying it (almost 2 years ago!), along with a couple other mods. Can't live without it! We have a mattress on the rear bed making it a permanent bed, so that storage is a pain to get to any other way, and we don't have a front box. It was real easy for us to go for the hatch ($100ish) instead of adding the front box ($750ish since our propane tank orientation would have to be switched) to gain an easy place to store all our hitching supplies and other outside stuff.
We are the outlier in terms of tables and haven't had a table up in nearly a year; we run with the full time bed in the back and full time bench in the front! But that's because it's easier to fit two people and three dogs in the trailer when the dogs have more space to lay off the floor.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:38 AM   #24

Trailer: 5.0 TA - Sept. 2015, 2016 Silverado 2500 Duramax
paulw,
Thanks for your links. Viewed your video of your 21ft Escape and it was very helpful to see it. We have put our order in for a build for a 5.0TA due Sept. We are very excited and very new to this whole thing - we jumped in with both feet as this is our first camper - so seeing your video shows a lot about the quality of the ETI products. We have many choices to make for our build so have been viewing all the forums for everyone's choices and reasons for them. Thanks again for your pictures and especially the video.
Charlie & Lucy
Charlie & Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:22 AM   #25

Trailer: ESCAPE #3 COMING - 19 FT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie & Lucy View Post
paulw,
Thanks for your links. Viewed your video of your 21ft Escape and it was very helpful to see it. We have put our order in for a build for a 5.0TA due Sept. We are very excited and very new to this whole thing - we jumped in with both feet as this is our first camper - so seeing your video shows a lot about the quality of the ETI products. We have many choices to make for our build so have been viewing all the forums for everyone's choices and reasons for them. Thanks again for your pictures and especially the video.
Charlie & Lucy
Congrats on your order. We too have a 5.0ta on order for Aug. delivery and am working on the build sheet also, many ideas come from this forum. Will share with you once we get closer. I review regularily and am now finding I only add 1 item every couple of days, instead of 10 items a day in the beginning.

Ken
ESCAPE #3, 19FT ON ORDER
TV - NOT YET, THINKING RIDGELINE OR F150
KEN AND DIANA, CALGARY
kvermeulen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:23 AM   #26

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
One caveat about the standard vs the "U" dinette table size. I found that dismantling the stock table was both a little awkward and the heavy for a single person to handle whereas the smaller "U" dinette was a lot more manageable by a single person.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:38 AM   #27

Trailer: ESCAPE #3 COMING - 19 FT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie & Lucy View Post
paulw,
Charlie & Lucy
one thing we found with our old 5.0 was that the 4 inch seat cushions did not seem deep enough, so we will go to 6 inch.

Ken and Diana
ESCAPE #3, 19FT ON ORDER
TV - NOT YET, THINKING RIDGELINE OR F150
KEN AND DIANA, CALGARY
kvermeulen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:45 AM   #28

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
Hi Charley & Lucy,
I'm glad our little video helped & congratulations on your choice of an Escape 5.0TA.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 03:28 PM   #29

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B
exterior access hatch

Would it be possible for someone who has this option to measure the actual size of the opening? I don't know if these vary in size based on the model of trailer or not, I'm interested in the size of the one used on the 17s. As we're considering options, I'm wondering if the access hatch might be a viable option to the exterior front storage box. I completely agree with keeping all of the "outside stuff" separate from the living area, but if the exterior hatch is big enough to admit our BAL levelor, using the rear passenger side compartment for these items may save having to buy the front storage box. The cost difference is considerable, and keeping the tongue weight down may also be an issue. Thanks for your help!
Dave
Dave & Penny Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 04:25 PM   #30

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
The door on my rear passenger side hatch on my 2011 17B is 7" high X 17" wide. There is a lip inside that cuts the opening down by 1/2" or so on all but the hinge side. One consideration - if you get the hatch, ask about having it installed upside down. Holding the door up when ever you are digging something out of the back of the insides is a pain. If the door flipped down it would be easier.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:39 PM   #31

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B
Ext. Access Hatch

Thanks!
Dave
Dave & Penny Smith is offline   Reply With Quote