Fiamma vs Dometic Awning - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2016, 12:38 AM   #21

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinKnocker View Post
Lol that is a funny way of putting it. It looks like it will work with the 9100.
Quote:
Yikes, just googled the Dometic 9100 Power Awning!
But the Dometic 9100 is not the new Escape awning. Escape is going with the 9500.

By the way, the 9100 looks like the type I have on my motorhome (one power, one manual); they work fine, not that that's relevant to an Escape.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:59 AM   #22

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Yikes, just googled the Dometic 9100 Power Awning! I am starting to get a since that Dometic might have some serious costumer issues. Has anyone here ever had to deal with dometic before ?
http://http://forums.goodsamclub.com...d/27097704.cfm
You must be new here . Check frigerator threads . Had many conversations with them myself . Got no where and I was under warranty at time . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:33 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
What wears thin with me is people who are compelled to comment on most every post. Is there some kind of a contest for who has the most posts on this forum.
Participation is always voluntary, apathy causes stagnation anywhere, anyplace,anytime.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:49 AM   #24

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
...I really don't understand why you (and a few others) do not wish to accept decisions made by Escape, yet seem interested in buying their product.
Escape does make a great product and their designs are based on some basic assumptions as to what options and features will satisfy a majority of potential owners. But those decisions do not in all cases satisfy the wants and needs of every owner. Every modification made to an Escape trailer by an owner is evidence that ETI is not satisfying the needs of that owner to some extent. On this forum we have seen a broad range of modifications from oversized exterior hatches, to custom interiors, to telescoping table pedestals, and more. Obviously, those owners felt that the decisions made by ETI did not meet their own requirements and they chose to change things up. I see nothing wrong with owners and potential owners questioning whether there are options available for alternative awnings, whether those alternatives may be installed by Escape or by someone else. Everyone has their own wants and needs and they are not always aligned with everyone else.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:41 AM   #25

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Thanks to everyone for their replies to my original questions, whether they tackled them or not. Now for some follow up comments/questions of mine, regarding some of those posts (which have been snipped).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanj04011 View Post
I know I may be stating what other people already have, but I wonder what benefit there is to the "I'm sure Escape thought it out, so it's good enough for all of us" sentiment.
I guess those of us wondering about the new stuff (or even older stuff) in the trailers haven't drank enough kool-aid.

Quote:
Why do you wish to rehash something that has already been discussed?

I really don't understand why you (and a few others) do not wish to accept decisions made by Escape, yet seem interested in buying their product.
I was recently reminded that you, yourself Jim B, recently started a thread where you acknowledged that it had been covered many times but you were still starting it as you wanted opinions on your decision or questions. I don't remember what it was for (u-shaped dinette maybe??) but nobody posted the dead horse icon or said that you shouldn't be asking those questions since they'd already been asked, answered and covered quite a bit.

As to accepting ETI's decisions - as someone else posted (and I reference in this reply), anyone who does modifications is not accepting ETI's decisions to some point. Aren't you making modifications to your new 2017 5.0TA? I guess that means you're not 100% accepting of their decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post

Cheers
Doug
Doug, do you also post this dead horse when the subject of beer or poutine or where to stay near ETI after getting your trailer shows up in threads? (There are plenty of other topics - those are just the 3 that came to mind readily.) All of those have been brought up over and over again, and yet those comments/questions are addressed respectfully. Why is a fairly new thread on the electric awning any different?

Quote:
Well put, it is great to hear a bit of common sense being used in regards to this matter.
Well, good to know I'm not common! As my husband says "don't stop asking questions" and I don't plan to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
Obviously, those owners felt that the decisions made by ETI did not meet their own requirements and they chose to change things up. I see nothing wrong with owners and potential owners questioning whether there are options available for alternative awnings, whether those alternatives may be installed by Escape or by someone else. Everyone has their own wants and needs and they are not always aligned with everyone else.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:44 AM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 (Serenity).
I think that we're all starting to get a bit too grumpy! I definitely think we need to go camping more!

FlatlandFlyFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:57 AM   #27

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Seems to us Reace would have done an astronomical amount of research before adjusting the very expensive trailer moulds to accommodate this Dometic awning . We'd be inclined to trust it completely rather than spend time researching alternatives . But that's us ...still loving what we have ....... consider ETI the very best and believe they pride themselves in choosing the best .
Old 04-15-2016, 12:27 PM   #28

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
When I ordered my first Escape, there was just one page of options, now there are 3 pages on the build sheet, that tells me Escape is listening and offering 200% more in options. The ones they offer is their decision, based upon their capability. if you wish to change something that is your decision. We all purchase new cars and then add floor mats or seat covers or decals and even after market mirrors, that does not denigrate the manufacturer nor your decision to purchase. If you can please 95% of your customers then you have done your research, the other 5% will either accept or go elsewhere. With a year of backlog, I'm sure Escape is focusing their effort so that the built up demand can be processed.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:34 PM   #29

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Well, good to know I'm not common! As my husband says "don't stop asking questions" and I don't plan to.
good advice and always good to be curious with an open mind...
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:51 PM   #30

Trailer: 17
"Seems to us Reace would have done an astronomical amount of research before adjusting the very expensive trailer moulds"

X2

gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:42 PM   #31

Trailer: No RV for now.
What has always made ETI different is the ability to propose custom options, a few of which may even vary from stock items; isn't that why many of the Escape owners, past and present, have been attracted to Escape trailers? The beauty of the forum is that those who have ideas and questions can generate discussions that help them make educated decisions. It keeps things more civil if we keep emotions at bay and look instead at the opportunity to contribute to or learn from healthy dialogue. There are times when support of ETI seems to me to be a bit "cult-ish." There is always room for improvement; perhaps some of the questions brought up in this thread (and others) will become future ETI considerations. Who knows??
Old 04-15-2016, 04:37 PM   #32

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
When someone talks about those of us who tend to react to negative comments about ETI as drinking the koolaid or being cultish what they may not realize that many people here know Reace and Tammy personally and consider them friends. ETI is not a faceless corporation. It is a small family business and one that takes customer service seriously.

I have been treated with kindness and friendship by ETI, So yep I guess I have "drunk the koolaid"

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 04:50 PM   #33

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 (Serenity).
Folks. This is about camping. If we've drunk anything, it's either beer, or gin and tonic.
FlatlandFlyFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 05:21 PM   #34
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I drank the koolaid in 2001 when I bought my first all-molded towable trailer. There's something about these eggs that does that. I'm not the least bit embarrassed to admit it and yes, I'm an ETI supporter all the way. I've owned my Scamp for 15 years and have never spoken to the manufacturer owners. But, I've camped with Reace and Tammy a bunch of times and have owned Ten Forward for less than two years.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:59 PM   #35

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
I called ETI today to discuss build options and to ask about the awning. They said they were working with Dometic who were shipping them a manual awning to try. No promises, but if it fits in the cutout it looks like they are considering offering it. There was no discussion of possible credit amount going with the manual version.

I asked them to also look at the Fiamma as an option.

All this will take some time, but maybe in a couple weeks we will know more.
skyfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 12:46 AM   #36
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
When someone talks about those of us who tend to react to negative comments about ETI as drinking the koolaid or being cultish what they may not realize that many people here know Reace and Tammy personally and consider them friends. ETI is not a faceless corporation. It is a small family business and one that takes customer service seriously.

I have been treated with kindness and friendship by ETI, So yep I guess I have "drunk the koolaid"

Here here.