Finally able to figure out color options for our forthcoming 2017 escape 21' - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2016, 08:34 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Talking Finally able to figure out color options for our forthcoming 2017 escape 21'

Hi all Very excited here - we finally were able to figure out what color options for the forthcoming 2017 escape 21’ trailer!

We wanted something quite modern and clean looking, with no repeating patterns.

We didn’t want a stone, wood or brick patterned floor…. so that immediately narrowed the options!

Fabric (on the dinette seat cushions) will be black…. a soft, synthetic, durable fabric that is appropriate for RV seat cushions.
Pattern is called "Heavenly" and color "Caviar" which is black.
Heavenly 9009 Caviar,Woven,Chenille,Upholstery Fabric

The Formica (for the kitchen counter top and the dinette table, and the small top of the drawer stack) will be Formica # 8830-58 (matte) “Elemental Concrete”
Formica® Laminate - Elemental Concrete

The vinyl flooring will be Armstrong Premium Vinyl sheet flooring
Duality G6080 (off white, with very faint leaf imprints)
It looks WAY too beige on the website… in reality it is more of a creme color. Very neutral.

Framingham - Natural | G6080 | Vinyl Sheet

Happy to have all these decisions behind us.

What do you all think?
Attached Thumbnails
favorite floor options IMG_2351 copy.jpg  
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 09:38 PM   #2

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Sure like the combination of the three! Will be a good contrast with the cabinets! The end result being a modern look with a warm feeling.
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 10:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Sure like the combination of the three! Will be a good contrast with the cabinets! The end result being a modern look with a warm feeling.
Thanks Marry!!! Much appreciated.

Your kind works made my day.

It has been a long journey to get here.

One key piece of advice that I got here ( that was great advice) from Greg A. was .... 80 % of samples viewed online look nothing like the reality.

I would tend to agree, based on my experience.

The flooring (both photo and web link, above) is a great example. My photo is a good representation of the actual color. The manufacturers photo is waaayyyy too yellow, overall.
Old 05-28-2016, 10:55 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Very nice combination. What did you decide on the valances?
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 11:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Very nice combination. What did you decide on the valances?
Thanks Greg.

(Did you notice how I paid you a well deserved compliment, above?)

So... The beauty of going with black for the fabric means that we automatically get black valances - and that will look nice with the black frames of the windows.

We considered saving $10/ valance if we just deleted them all... However I think the valances do add a nice finished look to the blinds.

And perhaps the valances add a TINY amount of protection for the blinds, when they are up.

(?)

Old 05-28-2016, 11:08 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
However I think the valances do add a nice finished look to the blinds.
Of course then, you have to update your iTunes library.

Old 05-28-2016, 11:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Of course then, you have to update your iTunes library.

Sorry.... Don't understand.

Can you elaborate?

Thanks.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:01 AM   #8

I agree the black will look very good on the valances, especially with the contrast of the light floor.
Can't wait to see it in the wild.
I'm not sure what Glenn is up to either unless it's a play on valance, i.e. Ricky Valance or some such. I don't have time right now to watch the video.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:14 AM   #9

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
You got it Greg. I didn't watch the video either and I have all the time in the world.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:21 AM   #10

Quote:
I agree the black will look very good on the valances, especially with the contrast of the light floor.
Cool....

and.... one generally might think that such a light colored floor is a bad idea (and one might be very smart to think that) however our plan is to put down wide 'runners' to catch much of the dust and grime that gets tracked in when camping... especially in drought California!

but the good news is that we aren't 'precious' when camping, and a little dust on the floor doesn't bug us.

Quote:
Can't wait to see it in the wild.
You and me both!!! We are excited to do the upgrade from our 17' Casita, and go camping, with substantially more space inside.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:58 AM   #11

That is one of the biggest things you'll notice. We moved up from Scamps and the Escapes are considerably more spacious. Even the jump to our first Escape, the 17b felt like we'd moved to a condo.
Old 05-29-2016, 03:08 AM   #12

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
Losangeles, it scares me that I could visualize exactly which Formica and which countertop you chose just by the name - methinks I've been spending wayyyy. Too much time on the Formica and Armstrong websites... I like your choices - bold, but still quite neutral. You should find it easy to completely change the look anytime you want with different accent colours. Congrats on making the decision! I'm still waiting on some samples. BTW, were you able to get flooring samples sent to you?
Brenda
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 09:53 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blhvet View Post
Losangeles, it scares me that I could visualize exactly which Formica and which countertop you chose just by the name - methinks I've been spending wayyyy. Too much time on the Formica and Armstrong websites... I like your choices - bold, but still quite neutral. You should find it easy to completely change the look anytime you want with different accent colours. Congrats on making the decision! I'm still waiting on some samples. BTW, were you able to get flooring samples sent to you?
Brenda
Hey Brenda

Lol - I feel your pain. Color selection can be fun but tiring.

And

Bold but neutral - indeed. We can use throw pillows and carpets to change it up over time. I am excited. :-)

And

Formica would send us 5" X 7" samples - five at a time - free - fast - but we are in the USA. Maybe Canada is different?

Good luck.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:43 AM   #14

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
I have lots of Formica samples -! Just discovered the Deco Metal collecting n (some beautiful coppers!) but I'm suspicious the might be very expensive! No, it was flooring samples I was asking about - is it possible to get those?
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:20 AM   #15

Ah sorry. I misread - you did say flooring

one can order flooring samples off some manufacturers websites.

Not super cheap, in my experience.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:42 AM   #16

Mannington sent us some flooring samples for around $10 but they weren't very helpful. Not big enough to really get it. Pioneer had a big sample of the one we really liked, so they took a pic on their phone and sent it to us which did the job. You can also call around town to flooring shops once you have it narrowed and sometimes they have a roll of it. Flooring was much more difficult to figure out than the Formica.
Old 07-02-2016, 02:47 PM   #17

OK just had a small panic.... are we crazy getting BLACK fabric for the dinette?

I guess it might make the area seem slightly smaller.....

but it is a fabric made for this application, it has very good rub specs, UV resistance, etc.

black will hide many stains, but may show light stains

not that we anticipate many stains.

No pets, so pet hair is a non issue.

thanks for any thoughts, before i order.
Old 07-02-2016, 02:53 PM   #18
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Other than it may appear to "feel hot" when the weather outside is already hot? If you typically camp in weather over 80 degrees, you may want to look at something in the "cool color spectrum," like blues...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 03:18 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Other than it may appear to "feel hot" when the weather outside is already hot? If you typically camp in weather over 80 degrees, you may want to look at something in the "cool color spectrum," like blues...
Ah the awesome Donna D. I was just telling my wife about the (kind, polite, helpful) Donna D!

Seriously.

And

Good idea. I seem to recal that I showed my wife a dark blue fabric and she preferred the black (as it will match the Windows, fridge trim, black edging we'll get on the counter tops....

But I will circle back with this idea - especially as we finally picked the neutral other colors.

Having said that - the other idea about black was that it will match ANY color of runner(s) that we throw down, plus it will match any fun colored throw pillows that we throw in
Old 07-02-2016, 03:24 PM   #20

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Only you can really answer whether black will work or not. It's YOUR trailer, not someone else's. YOU'RE the one that's going to be using it, not someone else. Get what makes YOU happy, not someone else.

If you really want to test out black fabric, maybe you can hit your local fabric store and buy a yard or two of some really cheap all black fabric. Lay it over your couch or chair and see how it looks. Sit on it, look at it from close up and far away. Can you move the chair to a smaller room? That might give you an idea of how it would look in a trailer that's most likely lots smaller than your living room.

If you don't want the fabric later on, donate it to Goodwill or some other charity. Or let it sit around in your attic for 5+ years before you realize you're never really gonna need it and then you donate it. Not that I know anything about that.

Point being - don't go by anyone else's thoughts or decisions on their trailer. They don't have to stay in your trailer.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote