Headroom for bunks in 17B - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2020, 10:25 AM   #1

Trailer: 2021 Escape 17B
Headroom for bunks in 17B

We're looking at the Escape 17B - most of the time it will be just us two adults but sometimes we'll be camping with our 2 grandsons. The gaucho bunk looks like a good option for them but I'm wondering how much headroom there is for both the lower and upper bunks?
jediwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 12:13 PM   #2

Trailer: 2006 17b Goucho
On my 2006 17b, the lower bunk has 21 inches of headroom, I usually sleep there.

The upper bunk has 15 to 17 inches of headroom under the cabinets. There is a light fixture under the middle of each cabinet with 15 inches of headroom, the rest of the cabinet headroom is 17 inches. I suppose I could remove one light fixture to give my kids more headroom as it is getting tight for them now that they are 18 and 20.

In fact, I am going to remove one light fixture today. They get all the light they need from their phones anyway; why didn’t I think of that before? If we ever use the front dinette, I will reinstall the light. Cool, something fun to do.

If your kid is less than 5 feet tall, he could sleep on the upper bunk without having his head under a cabinet.

I suspect the headroom on a new trailer is very similar.

Our kids like the bunks, with a curtain they have their own space.

I like the bottom bunk.
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote