Hitch for f150 suggestion - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-04-2022, 11:01 PM   #1

Trailer: 21NE
Hitch for f150 suggestion

Hi everyone,

We are just going through our configuration and are new to travel trailer camping. I’m just trying to decide what route to go in regards to the trailer hitch. We have a 2016 f150 with tow package…Is the E2 hitch overkill? Is the Equalizer Hitch (Pro-Series 600lb a better value??

Cheers
Nethy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 04:08 AM   #2

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethy10 View Post
Hi everyone,

We are just going through our configuration and are new to travel trailer camping. I’m just trying to decide what route to go in regards to the trailer hitch. We have a 2016 f150 with tow package…Is the E2 hitch overkill? Is the Equalizer Hitch (Pro-Series 600lb a better value??

Cheers
We have the same truck. Ours is a 4x4 and our camper is a 21C.

We chose the E2 for a couple of reasons. The first is because I liked the square trunnion bar design. Secondly, we are picking our camper up in Sumas on 10/24 and wanted the convenience of not having to setup a hitch on the road.

At some point after our trip I'll post something about the adventure. The hitch will probably be part of that.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 08:35 AM   #3

Trailer: 21NE picked up in May 2022
I also have the E2 and am quite pleased with its performance pulling my 21NE behind my 2002 Tundra. Handy to carry a small tube of wheel bearing grease to clean the dirt out and re-lube the pocket the arms sit in once in a while. Sometimes but not often I take off the bars when I am trying to back into a uneven campsite or hooking up all tilted on the way out. I just do it on a more level ground. Not a big deal.

I did have a tense moment in SE Nevada on the way to Basin and Range NP with a severe cross wind that must have been 60 or 70 mph, but the E2 and me slowing down to about 30 mph kept it all together.
Randy in Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 08:55 AM   #4

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
We've owned Equalizer type hitches in the past, but our last two weight distribution hitches were Blue Ox Sway Pro. Easy setup, since there are no nasty shims to deal with, and it does not squeal when turning in the campground. The chains are much easier to install/remove, and it seldom needs greasing, with a zerk out of the way that's easily cleaned off.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 10-05-2022, 10:51 AM   #5

Trailer: 2021 21NE
We have the same truck, but NOT four wheel drive. We are glad to have the E2 The trailer stays straight when we are on the Interstate and there is a passing semi. My husband drives and says it is a bit more than we need, but he would choose the E2 again.
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer hitch