How do we have an Escape experience? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2020, 09:40 PM   #1

Trailer: Shopping Escape 19's
How do we have an Escape experience?

Wife and I have been shopping (virtually) fiberglass trailers for a while now. The problem is that just as we were ready to start buying, C19.

We'd like to see them. LOVE to rent one. Can't find them for rent in any of the normal venues, which I can suspect why. You're all so passionate, so why would you let a newbie touch it? (19' preferred)

That said, how does one actually experience a product without being able to experience it? Suggestions welcome and desired.
plus3feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 09:45 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Gotta have faith. I know at least 10 Escape 5.0TA owners than never saw the trailer before buying. I'm one of them. BUT, if you've never seen any Escape trailer, I'd suggest you see as many different models as possible. You think you want... and maybe after seeing.... that's the one you really want.

Good luck!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 10:11 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
There is a 21 for sale in Encinitas; couldn't be much closer.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:15 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Although it’s tougher with the Covid 19 two “experience”
Possibilities come to mind. First is to reach out to Escape owners in your area and find out if they would be willing to show you their rig either in the field or at their home or
Storage area. The second and very popular method is to attend a rally where there is a open house component to the rally. Buying sight unseen is understandably scary for some. We did it and so have many others. When someone advertises an escape they may or may not be well known on this forum. When you see the response “somebody is going to get a real nice trailer”
Because it’s a known “commodity” it should ease your anxiety considerably. Just my thoughts.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-09-2020, 10:25 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
I bought my 19 sight unseen, and it worked out. I just spent a ton of time looking at pictures online, including those on this forum. I had never seen any Escape before plunking the deposit down, but no regrets!
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 11:00 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
We bought our first Escape sight unseen too. It was a like new 17B and my first impression walking in was feeling claustrophobic.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:41 AM   #7

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Gotta have faith. I know at least 10 Escape 5.0TA owners than never saw the trailer before buying. I'm one of them. BUT, if you've never seen any Escape trailer, I'd suggest you see as many different models as possible. You think you want... and maybe after seeing.... that's the one you really want.

Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo7000 View Post
I bought my 19 sight unseen, and it worked out. I just spent a ton of time looking at pictures online, including those on this forum. I had never seen any Escape before plunking the deposit down, but no regrets!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
We bought our first Escape sight unseen too. It was a like new 17B and my first impression walking in was feeling claustrophobic.
You can put me in that crowd also. I ordered my 5.0TA sight unseen, August 2014. Five and a half months later, a Canadian Escape owner who spends time in Florida agreed to show me his trailer. When a snowstorm made him wish he could head south earlier but his camping reservations did not, I offered him our (rural) driveway. So mid January, 2015, they came and spent a week. It was expensive for me because after seeing their trailer, I added another $1,500 worth of options. We became fast friends, and by 2016, I had constructed the “infamous” Campsite #1. They spend a couple of weeks with us every January (not sure about this year with COVID-19), and others have used Campsite 1 also.

I am really happy with my 5.0TA and I have no regrets whatsoever that I ordered it having never even been in an Escape!
Old 07-10-2020, 06:47 AM   #8

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
While I bought mine sight unseen as they had yet to finalize what they were going to look like, I had looked at a couple Escapes which sold me on the trailers. I also had had a small trailer.

Have you camped before? Camping is not for everyone.

These campers are pretty small, too small for many, probably most.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:36 AM   #9

Trailer: April 2016 21' "Ramble On"
We looked at a 19 locally and put down our deposit. After about a week of back and forth between my better half and me, we changed our order to the 21. Love our camper and have no regrets.

I would not feel comfortable "renting" or loaning out my rig to someone I don't know personally and who has had experience towing, backing up, etc. Too much risk with things going wrong.

That said, we've shown our camper to 5-6 different parties who ETI sent our way after they expressed interest in seeing one locally. I am totally down with that and have since received several referral thank you checks from ETI. Salesman of the month!
Old 07-10-2020, 07:50 AM   #10

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I bought my 19 having never been in an Escape trailer, only going on what other's had said, and talking a bunch with Reace as he developed the 19 which was still in the design phase. Heck, I even came up with a layout idea they put down as Option B (Option Bennett as Tammy said), which all the first time buyers buy one wanted so they just adopted it.

Anyway, we were very pleased with the layout, and given it was 2008 when I put down the deposit, there were not many similar options out there.

I still recommend, like most others, to view a few models in your area getting referrals from Escape, and you will then see for yourself the differences and the quality level that goes into them.

Enjoy shopping.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 08:46 AM   #11

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Escapes are like Harley Davidson motorcycles. People who wait a year for their motorcycle will not let anyone else ride it, most are customized to the owners specifications, very similar to Escapes.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:26 AM   #12

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by plus3feet View Post
Wife and I have been shopping (virtually) fiberglass trailers for a while now. The problem is that just as we were ready to start buying, C19.

We'd like to see them. LOVE to rent one. Can't find them for rent in any of the normal venues, which I can suspect why. You're all so passionate, so why would you let a newbie touch it? (19' preferred)

That said, how does one actually experience a product without being able to experience it? Suggestions welcome and desired.
YouTube is a great way to experience Escape trailers vicariously.

Also, contact Escape about seeing one near you. There are two Escape 19's close by one in Escondido and one in San Diego.

View an Escape Trailer In Person with an Escape Ambassador
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:59 AM   #13

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
Quote:
Originally Posted by plus3feet View Post
Do a one-on-one tour with Samuel or Harrison:

https://escapetrailer.com/personal-virtual-visit/

You can ask them to show you any part of any trailer, and get them to lay down on beds or stand/sit in the bathroom or measure cabinets or whatever you would like. They are very helpful.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 03:43 PM   #14

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 "LollyPop" June 12, 2017, sold Coleman pop up
We had looked at several Casitas and only one used 2012 19' Escape, but considering the asking price we thought we would buy new.
We put down our deposit for a 21' having never seen one. Much of that decision was the good things we heard about ETI and about Reace and Tammy from owners like so many of you.
We have been very pleased with the trailer, and it is quite an upgrade from our two previous popup campers. I have just about got it customized the way we want it now, too.
casejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 04:22 PM   #15

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
You can put me in that crowd also. I ordered my 5.0TA sight unseen, August 2014. Five and a half months later, a Canadian Escape owner who spends time in Florida agreed to show me his trailer. When a snowstorm made him wish he could head south earlier but his camping reservations did not, I offered him our (rural) driveway. So mid January, 2015, they came and spent a week. It was expensive for me because after seeing their trailer, I added another $1,500 worth of options. We became fast friends, and by 2016, I had constructed the “infamous” Campsite #1. They spend a couple of weeks with us every January (not sure about this year with COVID-19), and others have used Campsite 1 also.

I am really happy with my 5.0TA and I have no regrets whatsoever that I ordered it having never even been in an Escape!
So Carl, that's the story about how you met those Canadian friends Actually Beth first met them in FL as well, on their way to Fort Myers in Jan. 2014. I'd met them the previous September and told them I wanted first dibs on their first Escape when buying their TA.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote