I just put my deposit in for an Escape 19 - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-25-2019, 08:09 AM   #61

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
At the Davey Crockett Rally last week we had a heavy 1.4 inch rain that came straight down with no wind of any consequence. As a preface, let me say some of the sites at that park are at an incline. Some have no cross-fall and need side to side leveling and some do not. I set our Carefree manual on holes 6 and 7 and the water poured off the lower front corner onto the paving with a sound I have only heard in a cow pasture filled with flat rocks and tall cows.
At least four camper awnings were damaged, a couple were automatics and a couple were Flammas with corner poles. The problem was that the awnings were dead level even when the owners thought they were set at an angle for runoff. The problem was the sloping sites and the optical illusion. A large, 2 week old motor home, had mangled brackets and left his awning and metal supports lying on the ground and left to find an RV repair guy to haul it away for hopefully, a later repair. Common sense awning SOP is to put the awning down if rain or wind is expected if the owner is going to be away from the camper or sleeping. Regardless of the brand or mechanism. No Escapes were injured in this heavy rain. Personally six hearty men took shelter under our awning for a couple hours as the cheery Campfire in a Can provided some warmth and ambience. The ladies, much smarter, occupied the trailer interior. It was fun.
Iowa Dave
Old 10-25-2019, 08:31 AM   #62

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'm sure there was enough hot air around to keep everyone toasty.......
Old 10-29-2019, 01:01 PM   #63

Trailer: Escape 19 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHolderfield View Post
I actually did this about a year ago but had to cancel due to personal issues... All is back in order and I will pick up our new trailer on March 15th next year!

I'm curious about options, of course. What are your top 3-5 options you would make sure to order if you ordered again and/or what options did you order last time that you wish you hadn't? I sure appreciate the input! Thanks!

SO EXCITED!

Steve
we just did last week also, will be interested to see what you finalize.

Larry
LarryLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 10:17 AM   #64

Trailer: 00
Negotiating

Had a quick question... does Escape negotiate the price at all? Is there any give?
Lukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 10:27 AM   #65

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
They have had offers in the past for orders made to keep them busy in slow months. Attractive pricing on showroom models or
customer “change of heart “ situations but I don’t believe it’s a situation of “would you take or I’ll give you x dollars” for an ordered
trailer”. We’ve not bought a new trailer from them but have met many folks who have and I’ve yet to hear of a negation.
Iowa Dave
Old 11-03-2019, 02:21 PM   #66

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Repeat customers may receive a free option for coming back, but initial price is fixed unless they have a sale.