Installing customer supplied parts - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-17-2021, 11:25 AM   #1

Trailer: 2022 5.0
Installing customer supplied parts

Hi from Burlington Ontario,
I would like to ask how you experience was with having escape install items that they currently don't offer.
I built my own Van conversion (Moby a 2012 Nv2500 high roof) that i recently sold to make finances available to purchase the 5.0 for our next stage of camping and travelling.
If I lived in BC I would simply buy trailer stock and do my own modifications as I am very picky and as my wife says a perfectionist to a fault, in her words.
We are planning to do a big trip up BC coast to Alaska, Yukon, and Northwest Territory's, so trailer has to be ready to go for off grid camping when we take delivery.
I also want to future proof as much as i can for major electrical upgrades.
there are several items that i want to provide for them to install, ie 3000 watt go power invertor with built in transfer switch, rec pro Haughton a/c unit and battle born lithium battery's.
if you have any experience with similar installs that you provide parts I would love to hear about your experiences.
knuckled62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 11:32 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
You may want to ask the factory about customer provided parts......
Old 10-17-2021, 11:38 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
I’m my experience, though it’s a lot more money, Bigfoot Rv is more accommodating to custom equipment. However, their 21 is a lot closer to Escape pricing once you begin to add options. How do I know, we have an order for a 25 for pending.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 11:51 AM   #4

Trailer: 2021 21C
I expect that the three things you are asking for are going to get a hard no from Escape. They are very conservative about electrical components that have not been vetted by them as available options.

2021 21C "Travels with Karma"
GMC Canyon Denali Turbodiesel Long-bed
DWM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 12:40 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
in 2014 I asked Escape to install a Xantrax 3000 watt inverter and they wouldn't do it as the cable size is twice what they use for a 1500. So I asked them to just do the transfer switch and they accidentally installed the 1500 watt inverter too.

Now they will only do the transfer switch with their inverter option. Maybe they might do a 2000 watt inverter.
Old 10-17-2021, 12:52 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Escape has made a hard line in the sand on what options they will now offer especially when it comes to customer supplied items. If it is not on their options list or the non published Easter egg list the answer will be a definite no. They used to install customer supplied faucets and they have stopped doing that also so I found out. Per Escape they spent a lot of time and manpower to figure out pricing for these one offs so decided not to offer exceptions anymore.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 01:15 PM   #7

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
I encountered several similar polite refusals to install owner-furnished items while planning my build.

ETI's "Built for You" slogan has some tremendous options and IMO is a bona-fide claim relative to most other RV manufacturers, but they will be the first to admit they aren't in the business of building truly 'bespoke' trailers. That's perfectly understandable IMO, no worries!

IMO it's always best to ask ETI about your specific situation without any reservation (i.e. don't 'filter' your 'asks' based on what you read on this forum) and see what they will and won't do in your specific case - it never hurts to ask and the answer is subject to be different from past responses at any moment in time. Sometimes the answer may be different due to specific combinations of things in-play for a specific case.

Bottom line, you'll never know what is possible (or not) if you don't ask the company that can make it happen (ETI) and there's no reason to not at least ask for everything you might wish to have.

Have Fun!
Old 10-17-2021, 05:11 PM   #8

Trailer: 2022 5.0
Thanks for the feed back, i just wanted to get a feel for customer experiences before i approached them about installs.
i will email escape with specific questions to see what they will do.
knuckled62 is offline   Reply With Quote