Is a Kitchen Window a must have in a 19"? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2020, 01:46 PM   #1

Trailer: 2021 21NE F2
Is a Kitchen Window a must have in a 19"?

I'm trying to decide to go with a kitchen window or not in a 19'. It seems very small, the door window is close by so you have a view, and the wall space could be used for storage behind the sink without the window. But almost all the photos I see have the optional kitchen window so I must be missing something?
mfschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 01:59 PM   #2

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
We have it in ours and would not give it up for anything. Between that window and the maxxfan, you can get a pretty good airflow going. And when we store our camper, that window is one we always leave open.
Old 06-11-2020, 02:35 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
We have the kitchen window mainly because my wife wanted the kitchen window
Being able to view the outdoors while cooking / preparing meals and the added ventilation makes it a must have option .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:08 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
It is a must have in our family...even with it my wife finds the trailer darker than our last.
If you want to look out the door window you will need to remove the stick in frosting and there is no factory window covering.
This plus the bathroom window is the basic start when ordering options.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:08 PM   #5

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I don't know about new trailers, but on mine the door window is opaque. Get the window.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:10 PM   #6

Trailer: 2016 19 (sold)
Another yes vote here, primarily for the ventilation benefit when used in conjunction with the Maxxfan. Great in rainy/cold/snowy weather where you wouldn't want the other windows open, draws a lot of air at a good location within the camper. We also usually leave it open for storage.

The only thing I don't like is the knob/opening mechanism (strips easily), but that's a minor inconvenience that I'm willing to put up with.
canyonrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:10 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Yes, all the door window does is tell you if it is night or day. I was going to remove the frosting and install a blind, but the screen door is in the way.
Old 06-11-2020, 04:24 PM   #8

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
I ordered it . I asked the same question and seems most people get it. But of course its not a must.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 04:26 PM   #9
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
If you've ever lived in a home, apartment, etc. where when standing at the kitchen sink, you looked at a wall... you'd understand why a kitchen window is a must have...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 06:20 PM   #10

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
So right Donna! ....I think it being factory standard- not having a window over the sink - is a shameful outrage. Light, vent, view - I cannot imagine being in my other kitchen, washing the dishes with no window to look out from. One of my top five build add-on's
Old 06-11-2020, 06:21 PM   #11

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Yes, all the door window does is tell you if it is night or day. I was going to remove the frosting and install a blind, but the screen door is in the way.
I took off the frosting. It was easy to hang a curtain on command hooks, but i did bend the hooks a little bit to keep them from hitting the screen door. I made a curtain out of leftover valance fabric, and put velcro tabs so I can attach a piece of blackout curtain to the back of it.

I have the kitchen window in my 17, which is on the driver's side, but i am very glad i chose to have it. Plus I think it's not possible to add it later if you change your mind.
Old 06-11-2020, 06:54 PM   #12

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfschu View Post
I'm trying to decide to go with a kitchen window or not in a 19'. It seems very small, the door window is close by so you have a view, and the wall space could be used for storage behind the sink without the window. But almost all the photos I see have the optional kitchen window so I must be missing something?

I not sure what windows you getting, But this is the only window that is fully covered by Awning. If you get framed windows this could be important in the rain. here is a picture with no window, After I seen This is when I added it to my build.
Attached Thumbnails
Maple kitchen std no window.jpg   9015524_7.jpg  
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 07:08 PM   #13
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
Would do it again and yes, I think it should be standard!
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 07:27 PM   #14

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Barbara,
With the frosting off and curtain on the door window, how do you open the curtain when the door is shut? The screen door is there?
Old 06-11-2020, 10:07 PM   #15

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Yes on the kitchen window ! Ours stays open all the time except if underway on the road . Ours is the older awning window not the frameless and not sure what is now being installed . But it is under the awning and you can’t have too many windows in our opinion. Air , light and a view , what’s not to like ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 05:43 AM   #16

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
We are getting a kitchen window. Without a kitchen window, what you might be missing is a spouse.

On our current trailer the door window is frosted because there is no blind on the door window. Depending on how much privacy someone wants in their Escape they might end up keeping the frosting on the door window. With the frosted door window, having a kitchen window is a must.

I would suggest getting it.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 06:36 AM   #17

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
We are getting a kitchen window. Without a kitchen window, what you might be missing is a spouse.

On our current trailer the door window is frosted because there is no blind on the door window. Depending on how much privacy someone wants in their Escape they might end up keeping the frosting on the door window. With the frosted door window, having a kitchen window is a must.

I would suggest getting it.
Hi: TTMartin... My mother always said about me..."You make a better door than a window". I can't see our 5.0TA without a kitchen window. I added a piece of an old blue yoga mat to the door window as it seems when we boondock we're always under a light post. Having the door/kitchen windows near eachother lets in a lot of light!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1030935.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 07:18 AM   #18

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
I would get the kitchen window. When you are camping you usually want to still feel connected with the outdoors when you are inside the trailer. Ours doesn’t open but it brings in plenty of light. I also added a bath window myself for natural light and ventilation. Makes a huge difference.
Attached Images