Looking to buy. Different sizes - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2019, 09:52 AM   #21

Trailer: 21' Escape in production 12/05/19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
We have been traveling full time for nearly 5 years and nearly 3 of those years in our 21’ Escape. We prefer the national campgrounds and forest service campsites. The 21’ will fit right in.

Fred M.
5 YEARS FULL TIMING? You inspire me! I'm hoping to sell my house and full-time in a 21' Escape for one year. Like I'm hoping I can manage for and entire year. LOL Before I sell the house (that I don't really want to keep) I'm going to take a few short "starter trips". Any suggestions for easing slowing into the full-time experience? I've ordered the trailer, and I have a lead on a truck. It's coming together... Yes, I put the trailer before the tow vehicle. : )
Gori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:59 AM   #22

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gori View Post
5 YEARS FULL TIMING? You inspire me! I'm hoping to sell my house and full-time in a 21' Escape for one year. Like I'm hoping I can manage for and entire year. LOL Before I sell the house (that I don't really want to keep) I'm going to take a few short "starter trips". Any suggestions for easing slowing into the full-time experience? I've ordered the trailer, and I have a lead on a truck. It's coming together... Yes, I put the trailer before the tow vehicle. : )
When we got our first trailer 20 years ago - a small fifth wheel just a bit larger than our new 5.0TA - we had never RV'd. We started out with a few weekend camping trips to nearby state parks, then expanded into longer trips. During our first big trip to Glacier National Park we came into a campground hosting opportunity and spent the next two summers doing that, traveling for a month or so on either side of the summer season so we were on the road for 6-7 months at a time. We found that the only difference between short trips and really long ones was that after a week or so you have to do laundry
Old 09-02-2019, 10:16 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
When we got our first trailer 20 years ago - a small fifth wheel just a bit larger than our new 5.0TA - we had never RV'd. We started out with a few weekend camping trips to nearby state parks, then expanded into longer trips. During our first big trip to Glacier National Park we came into a campground hosting opportunity and spent the next two summers doing that, traveling for a month or so on either side of the summer season so we were on the road for 6-7 months at a time. We found that the only difference between short trips and really long ones was that after a week or so you have to do laundry

My only experience is renting a Class C years ago, as part of a couple.

Now I'm a single Mom with a super active high school senior, and a wonderful house that I don't even like (and don't want to spend the rest of my life cleaning and repairing). Soon I will have waaay more time, so laundry for one would be a breeze compared to what I'm doing now. : )

I will need to work from the road, so internet connection is critical. Not sure who I can get to set that up for me, or even how to do it. I hear Weboost (something like that) is good. I currently live in Vegas, anyone know someone here who can add to my solar (upgrade my inverter) and get me interent access?
Gori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:34 AM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
I love the way our 5.0 TA tows and we have gotten it into some very tight sites with a little work and maybe a little swearing! The only thing I don't like is that it is hard to carry a canoe, I currently have a take apart kayak (Feathercraft) and like it but sometimes do not go for a paddle because I have to put it together and then take it apart to travel. I am considering a small pack canoe but am not sure if it will work or not. I really don't want to get into a rack off of the front bumper and just want a rack on the roof of the truck. We shall see!
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:07 AM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gori View Post
We aren't as veteran as Fred but starting our 3rd year full timing in a 21. We didn't ease into it though. Had never towed anything before and had never spent a single night in a trailer. Ordered the Escape after seeing one back in Ohio. Sold the house and loaded the truck with earthly belongings (and shipped a few boxes to Package Express in Sumas). Drove from Ohio to Chilliwack and started the grand adventure. We made our way south to New Mexico and fell in love with it. We spent the last 2 winters there and will probably do the same this year.

Found out that backing up isn't as big a deal as I feared. Living in 18 feet of trailer is doable for 2 people who have learned to be patient. Maintenance is pretty easy with help from this forum.

By all means take a few starter trips to get familiar with the routine. It will all come together quite easily.
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:20 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen99 View Post
We aren't as veteran as Fred but starting our 3rd year full timing in a 21. We didn't ease into it though. Had never towed anything before and had never spent a single night in a trailer. Ordered the Escape after seeing one back in Ohio. Sold the house and loaded the truck with earthly belongings (and shipped a few boxes to Package Express in Sumas). Drove from Ohio to Chilliwack and started the grand adventure. We made our way south to New Mexico and fell in love with it. We spent the last 2 winters there and will probably do the same this year.

Found out that backing up isn't as big a deal as I feared. Living in 18 feet of trailer is doable for 2 people who have learned to be patient. Maintenance is pretty easy with help from this forum.

By all means take a few starter trips to get familiar with the routine. It will all come together quite easily.
Thank you for that. You have a Canyon too! I have a lead on one... fingers crossed. I have active clairvoyance and woke up two days ago "seeing" one in my driveway and "knowing" that I had traded in my Prius for it. It dawned on me that this was a message to get more active in my truck search, sooner than planned. Then when I looked online (as I had done many times) I found an amazing Labor Day Sale on one. Fingers still crossed.....

You're braver than I am. As a newbie I'm going to practice in my driveway.... I've long since stopped caring if the neighbors think I'm crazy. : ) "Perceived sanity is highly overrated."
Old 09-02-2019, 12:07 PM   #27

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Taking requests, Dave? "To All the Trailers I've Loved Before"......

Also remember that most spots are measured re the size of the pavement/and or pad. They usually require you to leave the wheels on the "pavement"--so you can actually back further so that the distance between your trailer wheels and the back of your trailer can be discounted/subtracted from the length of site you need. Of course, this assumes no trees or other obstacles in the way.

I love that I can often find site-specific photos if I'm making a reservation.
Old 09-02-2019, 12:58 PM   #28

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
I was also a simple camper, tents for years, tent trailer, then we bought a 17B.

The 17B was a good size, I spun it around in a Starbucks parking lot in Vail Co. I would never go without a bathroom. On a long trip last year, it was very convenient to pull over and do our business. We came across some really dirty bathrooms at rest stops. Sometimes they were closed all together.

The plan is to buy a Escape 19'. I want a big permant mattress. No more sleeping on dinettes. The 21 is to big for my favorite campgrounds and I can't give up the bed of the truck even though I really want the 5.0TA.

LOOKING FOR A USED 19'
Old 09-11-2019, 11:40 AM   #29

Trailer: Leaning towards a new 21’
Some things cannot be unseen. 😮
Gary737 is offline   Reply With Quote