Lots of photos of the NEW 2017 19' Trailer - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-31-2016, 10:07 PM   #21

Trailer: 2001 coachmen
The narrative part made me laugh!
reetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:12 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Laura, I think everyone here owes you a very big thank you for all of the pictures. Especially the ones that are trying to decide between a 16 or a 17. That had to be a lot of work. Thanks again. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:26 PM   #23

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
Laura, I think everyone here owes you a very big thank you for all of the pictures. Especially the ones that are trying to decide between a 16 or a 17. That had to be a lot of work. Thanks again. Loren
You're welcome!

Yeah, over an hour to upload. Glad the narrative made some laugh - that's why I did it! Just photos would be too boring.

But not work at all as I got to see the trailer in person and I know not everyone will get that chance, so this will be another way to do so.

And I hope it'll help with some decision making.

Now to see what happens tomorrow! What a thrill ride that will be!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:29 PM   #24
Tin

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Thanks Laura and Dirk great pics, I can actually feel and hear the excitement in your voice. I knew the bad peoplecould not keep you down . The fact that you switched, speaks volumes about the 2017 model. The door pics look fantastic very sharp. questions: What was your impression of the frame less windows both looks and function? did they open enough for proper ventilation? And lastly I don't suppose you looked or asked about solar mount. Thanks in advance.
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:57 PM   #25

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinKnocker View Post
Thanks Laura and Dirk great pics, I can actually feel and hear the excitement in your voice. I knew the bad peoplecould not keep you down . The fact that you switched, speaks volumes about the 2017 model. The door pics look fantastic very sharp. questions: What was your impression of the frame less windows both looks and function? did they open enough for proper ventilation? And lastly I don't suppose you looked or asked about solar mount. Thanks in advance.
Just me (Laura) posting, TinKnocker. Dirk couldn't take the day off from work. Plus, he refuses to become an Escape Trailer Cult Member. (Oh wait, I mean, a fan. HA!)

I didn't have any expectations of seeing the new model in person, so it was super thrilling to see it in person. At first the door was locked, so I didn't even think I'd get to see the inside, so when a fellow came along when I was chatting with Reece and opened it, I was quite thrilled (word for the day, I guess - thrilled).

When we were inside I told Reece that I really liked the look of the frameless windows and I peered at the frame on the inside. Technically they're not frameless - you just get the rubber seal mounting part (or whatever it's called) on the inside instead of the outside of the window.

I knew some months ago the new trailer would have straight sides, so it's been in my mind for quite some time that we would switch over since we really want the Bali blinds inside. I'm not a fan of the accordian type blinds and since I like to sleep in a really dark room (Dirk can sleep with the sun in his face, so his opinion doesn't count in this regard. ), we decided to get the Balis. Plus, I can choose from a wide range of colors (that's the next tough decision).

But I wasn't switching over until I saw what it actually looked like; therefore all my lack of patience and angst. After looking at Reece's photos and talking it over, we decided to go for it.

Since we've never owned a trailer or motorhome before (or even a tent), I didn't have any preference as to the curved or straight type. Others will have a different opinion on that, and that's fine. My main criteria for a trailer was that it had a full length bed as I'm tall (5'10") and the added bonus of nothing inside will be brown (detest all that brown they use in other brands).

I'm still a bit divided on the windows, though. I had the awning style windows in a single wide trailer we lived in for 8 years and I never liked 'em. I didn't think we got the greatest airflow going through. We don't have that type in this house. Yes, I wish the windows opened farther (such as on a British one I saw on the web recently), but it is what it is. And Jim Bennett had posted about how if you put the fan on low it'll really help draw the air through. I did not know that, so that could change my mind about them. But, I won't know till we actually get The Trailer and try it out.

Nope, didn't even think to ask about the solar. Okay, I zoomed in on my original photos and in the one showing both trailers, you can see the mount sticking up on the 2016, but there isn't anything on the 2017. I don't know when that's put on, so no idea if something will be mounted there later or what.

So, 6 or so weeks from now expect a detailed report on the 21' trailer, as well as gobs of photos. We're so thankful they're about 3 hours from here.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:26 PM   #26
Tin

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Lol I'am with Dirk on this one As soon as the order is made I will happily be handing over all the interior details and decisions to my D.W. along with my check book. again thank you for such a thoughtful and appreciated narrative and look forward to your future pics
Tin.
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:39 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Last photo shows where the 5.0 cu ft frig will go, with the microwave above it. If you opt for the 6.0 cu ft frig, that support piece (just below the top) will be removed and that entire space taken up with the frig.
Oops - it's actually the second support piece that will go bye-bye with the larger frig. I didn't notice there were two of 'em when I was uploading and looking at smaller pictures.

Whew, everyone can stop trying to figure that one out! HA!
Old 03-31-2016, 11:51 PM   #28

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Awning and screen door details.

Thanks for the photos!
Quote:
First photo shows the awning deployed.
I took a photo of the gears - least I think that's what they are. I figured someone would be interested, although I just looked at 'em and thought "whatever".
I'm interested
I assume that housing holds the spring which tries to fold the support arms out - the motor should be in the roller to pull the awning back in. The spring and motor might be reversed from that... not sure at the moment.

Quote:
Okay, back to the door.
First two show the slide thingie that you move back and forth to access the outside door's knob and/or to keep buggies out. It also has this round plastic thing that Reece says will keep it attached to the outer door, but I didn't figure that one out 100%.
From a previous photo, the door appears to be from Lippert.

The sliding part is the access panel - clear in this case - which allows you to reach the handle on the main door. The black latch is what holds the screen door closed when the main door is left open, and the same part holds the screen door to the main door when they are used together. It looks identical to the one on my motorhome's door - most of them are the same.

The round clear part just looked like the handle to slide the clear panel, but from searching the Lippert web site it appears to be what they call their Bubble Latch: you can turn it to release the black latch and open the screen door without sliding open the panel.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 12:35 AM   #29

Trailer: pondering.....
Thanks for the photos...having not seen a raw shell with a backlight (sun) and what amazed me was how translucent the fiberglass shell was. Thought maybe the white gel coat or whatever would make it more opaque. DSC04045 the sun is shining thru it and it appears the Escape logo is visible thru it on the right in the pic!
DSC04053 Is the plywood floor sealed on the top side with fiberglass? I was under the impression (maybe incorrectly) that the plywood was sealed on both sides with fiberglass mat/gel so water could not penetrate it.
DSC4042 Propane base appears to still be mounted with screws in the top of the trailer frame rather than screwed to L- brackets welded to frame!Hopefully this can be rectified in a note in my build sheet....
Did not notice any changes at this stage of production with regard to the mounting of the solar unless they added core material to the inside of the roof where the mounts are to make the roof thicker/stronger at those points.
Not a fan of the awning but since its standard now in 2017, just have to grin and bear it.
Again thanks for the photos..no show stoppers visible, just need now to get in the 2017 line if possible.
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 12:38 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Thanks for the photos!

I'm interested

The round clear part just looked like the handle to slide the clear panel, but from searching the Lippert web site it appears to be what they call their Bubble Latch: you can turn it to release the black latch and open the screen door without sliding open the panel.
As I was typing all this up, I was imagining you (yes, YOU, Brian B-P) going through each photo and looking at them in great detail. And thinking "so that's how they're gonna do that", or "interesting", "but I wish I could see more" or whatever.

And, yeah, that's kind of what I remember Reece saying about that plastic thingie on the screen door. I just know I want to fiddle with it, as I got thoroughly confused by the one in the rental motorhome. But, I figure it'll get less confusing the more I use it. When I rented that monster, it was never really warm enough to leave the outside door open with the screen door closed.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:44 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
Thanks for the photos...having not seen a raw shell with a backlight (sun) and what amazed me was how translucent the fiberglass shell was. Thought maybe the white gel coat or whatever would make it more opaque. DSC04045 the sun is shining thru it and it appears the Escape logo is visible thru it on the right in the pic!
I've attached a photo of the same front window (with rock shield!) of another 19' that we viewed last year. What you're seeing through the window is the logo/graphic they had put on the rock shield. So, yeah, you can always see that. Interesting - I hadn't really thought about that too much since we were originally wanting to get a 5.0TA and then switched to a 21'.

Also remember, you're seeing this trailer without the internal insulation and wall covers. But, yeah, it was quite interesting seeing just the (basically) raw shell like that and to be able to see it from the inside.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:46 AM   #32

Gawd, I keep hitting "submit reply" too quickly. Here's that photo.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC02492.jpg  
Old 04-01-2016, 12:49 AM   #33

yes I am very interested in seeing the new insulation,hopefully they will post pics of this new demo trailer as it progresses in production.
I will have to visit the factory at some point prior to next year to get a first hand look at this critter, but all the pics everyone has posted both 16 and 17 model years are appreciated.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:53 AM   #34

Quote:
DSC04053 Is the plywood floor sealed on the top side with fiberglass? I was under the impression (maybe incorrectly) that the plywood was sealed on both sides with fiberglass mat/gel so water could not penetrate it.
DSC4042 Propane base appears to still be mounted with screws in the top of the trailer frame rather than screwed to L- brackets welded to frame!Hopefully this can be rectified in a note in my build sheet....
Did not notice any changes at this stage of production with regard to the mounting of the solar unless they added core material to the inside of the roof where the mounts are to make the roof thicker/stronger at those points.
Not a fan of the awning but since its standard now in 2017, just have to grin and bear it.
Again thanks for the photos..no show stoppers visible, just need now to get in the 2017 line if possible.
Can't supply any more info on your above comments. Dirk's an engineer and used to looking at mfgr stuff due to his job at Boeing. He might be able to tell ya what all I saw, but since he's snoring away right now, I can't help ya. Nor is that stuff I generally pay attention to (that's what he's for!).

And we both agree with you on the awning. But I could fall in love with it once we get The Trailer and start using it left and right. Or get a separate pop-up type cover with buggie screen, like that clamshell one that's been mentioned before.

I also don't know if the outside stuff is finalized, so maybe the propane base might be changed. I wish I had asked about the solar, as I know it's a great concern to many - and rightly so. We're not getting it added at build (although it will be pre-wired for solar), so it's not high on my list of things to remember.

Fingers crossed (mentally, of course!) for you (and everyone else!) tomorrow.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:57 AM   #35

Quote:
yes I am very interested in seeing the new insulation,hopefully they will post pics of this new demo trailer as it progresses in production.
I will have to visit the factory at some point prior to next year to get a first hand look at this critter, but all the pics everyone has posted both 16 and 17 model years are appreciated.
have you asked ETI if there are any owners near you willing to show you their trailer? I found it very worthwhile doing that, even before we went to the factory. I thoroughly enjoyed talking to the owners and seeing what all they did to personalize their trailers. And finding out how they stashed stuff in the storage areas. You can't see that at the factory!
Old 04-01-2016, 01:06 AM   #36

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
As I was typing all this up, I was imagining you (yes, YOU, Brian B-P) going through each photo and looking at them in great detail. And thinking "so that's how they're gonna do that", or "interesting", "but I wish I could see more" or whatever.

Guilty!
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 01:13 AM   #37

Quote:
have you asked ETI if there are any owners near you willing to show you their trailer? I found it very worthwhile doing that, even before we went to the factory. I thoroughly enjoyed talking to the owners and seeing what all they did to personalize their trailers. And finding out how they stashed stuff in the storage areas. You can't see that at the factory!
Yes I saw a 2015 year 19 in my neck of the woods. Very nice owner and very helpful explaining it to me, but a 2016 factory visit is a good excuse for a road trip..even if it is a 4k round trip!
Old 04-01-2016, 01:15 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinKnocker View Post
Lol I'm with Dirk on this one As soon as the order is made I will happily be handing over all the interior details and decisions to my D.W. along with my check book. again thank you for such a thoughtful and appreciated narrative and look forward to your future pics
Tin.
Thanks and you're welcome! Yeah, Dirk's left all that up to me. I'm the one that's spent hours and hours on this forum and other places learning this and that. I just tell him what all I think he needs to know. But it makes sense as I'm far pickier than he is. Yeah, yeah, that's what we'll call it - picky! HA!

And he hands me the checks!
Old 04-01-2016, 01:29 AM   #39

Trailer: 2012 15A
Quote:
I've attached a photo of the same front window (with rock shield!) of another 19' that we viewed last year. What you're seeing through the window is the logo/graphic they had put on the rock shield. So, yeah, you can always see that. Interesting - I hadn't really thought about that too much since we were originally wanting to get a 5.0TA and then switched to a 21'.
When we are setup and camping we always have the rock guard in the open position. Then you do not see the back of the rock guard or the graphics coming through - just the beautiful nature surroundings of the campground. At night you simply close the blinds.
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 04:03 AM   #40

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 "LollyPop" June 12, 2017, sold Coleman pop up
I am thinking that with those windows it will take the fan on to get much ventilation. We are used to our pop up trailer with big windows that all zip open completely. But even with them open we generally have a fan going to create the breeze and that requires us to have shore power, and then when it rains they all have to be zipped up unless under the deployed awning. So advantages and disadvantages to everything.

Yes, thank you for posting all of the pictures!
casejh is offline   Reply With Quote