Lots of photos of the NEW 2017 19' Trailer - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2016, 08:06 PM   #1

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Lots of photos of the NEW 2017 19' Trailer

Fresh out of my camera - taken earlier today (March 31, 2016) at the factory! Hold onto your pants - it'll take me a bit to upload all 74 photos that I took today, as well as further information with each batch of photos.

Yep, I zipped up there this morning as I flung another check their way. Night before last Dirk and I decided to switch over to the 2017 model for various reasons. We think the Bali blinds we're going to install will work much better in the 2017 over the 2016 version - that's the main reason! So, after getting an updated build sheet I decided to go before the feeding frenzy starts tomorrow, plus before the exchange rate continues to go the other way (not to our benefit).

I didn't have an appointment, but I figured that was okay as anyone would be happy to take our money. Got teased by Nigel and I gave it right back to him. Got formally introduced to both Tammy and Reece. Got yelled at by Reece (more on that later)! Found out I could take photos and I went to town. Hey, no holding me back by that point.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:10 PM   #2

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
When I drove up I saw a fellow outside washing a new 2016 model that will probably be delivered soon. And right behind it was the NEW 2017 model!! OMG, OMG, OMG!!! I about peed my pants in excitement (or it was the long drive - take your pick!).

I stood at the back end of my FJ and took these photos as I wasn't sure if I'd be allowed over there to take photos. But it's cool seeing 'em next to each other.

First photo is both of 'em. 2nd is the 2016, 3rd and 4th are the 2017.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04030-1.jpg   DSC04031-1.jpg   DSC04032-1.jpg   DSC04033-1.jpg  
Old 03-31-2016, 08:18 PM   #3

After snapping the first 4 photos I went inside to fling money their way. Got formally introduced to Tammy. While I was waiting for Krista to find out how much my US check would convert to Canadian funds, Tammy took me outside so I could see the 19 in more detail and to take photos. Exciting stuff!

First photo shows the awning deployed. Tammy said it would go out about another 6 feet. Dang! As you can see in the photo there isn't a gap between the casing and the trailer (Someone else was wondering about that and I promised in an email that I would check that out if I got to see one in person.)

I took a photo of the gears - least I think that's what they are. I figured someone would be interested, although I just looked at 'em and thought "whatever".

I did not get a chance to play with the awning, nor did I ask as I didn't want to fiddle with the trailer, just in case I messed things up. Oh well, guess we're now getting a 19 footer instead. Um, yeah, don't think so.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04034-1.jpg   DSC04046-1.jpg  
Old 03-31-2016, 08:25 PM   #4

Now for the views along the sides! As you can see, it's much straighter than before. Tammy said you're not really gaining any width in the trailer as it's the same size below as it was before. She did say the 17' will gain 2" in the length of the bed, so that'll be nice for some folks to appreciate.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04040-1.jpg   DSC04065-1.jpg   DSC04042-1.jpg   DSC04049-1.jpg  
Old 03-31-2016, 08:29 PM   #5

Here's a photo of the 2016 model vs the 2017 model. It might be a bit tricky to really see the difference, but it's very noticeable in person. And I really like it (the 2017 version). I'm really looking forward to seeing the 21' all completed.

Both photos were taken from the back of the trailer, but I didn't zoom in quite as much on the 2016 as I did on the 2017.

Edit: Oh yeah, I can see the difference now that I look at them after I uploaded them. It's especially noticeable along the bottom of the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04041-1.jpg   DSC04049-1.jpg  
Old 03-31-2016, 08:36 PM   #6

After a short while Tammy left me to take photos (I asked and got permission, so no worries there - she knew what I was gonna do with 'em). As I was walking around the trailer and taking photos of the front, someone yells at me from inside the building "Hey, you can't take photos". I, of course, completely freak out. I yell back "Tammy said I could". And then I hear her laughing and told her she was getting me in trouble.

Turns out it was Reece and he was giving me a hard time. Jeez, heart attack averted. Whew. So, of course while he was there, I introduced myself and asked some questions.

Here's a photo of the front and the back.

Edit: Note the split window! Both sides will open independently. Cool!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04042-1.jpg   DSC04035-1.jpg  
Old 03-31-2016, 08:38 PM   #7

Okay, now for the burning question - the door! I took gobs of the door, so it's gonna take more than one post to get them all here as I can only do 4 photos per post.

First is a closer up shot and the 2nd shows the step, as I zoomed back a bit. Then two more closer up shots, taken at different angles.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:40 PM   #8

Ooops, forgot to add the photos to the previous post. Here ya go:

Edit: Note the black belly band extends a bit. Tammy said it still needs trimming, so don't freak that they'll all look like that. They won't.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04036-1.jpg   DSC04037-1.jpg   DSC04038-1.jpg   DSC04039-1.jpg  
Old 03-31-2016, 08:44 PM   #9

The door opens! Amazing how that happens! One with the screen door attached to the trailer (or the outside door opened so you can catch a breeze - that sounds better!) and another with it attached to the outside door.

3rd photo shows the awning overhead. Note the fringe thingie at the bottom of the door. Something for the dog to play with, I guess.

4th photo shows it from inside. Yep, I got to go inside! Hooray!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04043-1.jpg   DSC04044-1.jpg   DSC04051-1.jpg   DSC04059-1.jpg  
Old 03-31-2016, 08:57 PM   #10

Boy, I tell ya, it was nice having that awning deployed. Not complaining mind you. It was clear skies and super sunny out and I didn't have my sunglasses on, so it was nice to stand under it and get some shade. Hey, a great test for using it. Like I said - no complaints!

Okay, back to the door. I took some close ups of it. I didn't really fiddle too much with the screen door - like I said earlier, I didn't want to mess anything up, so I didn't shut it from inside either.

First two show the slide thingie that you move back and forth to access the outside door's knob and/or to keep buggies out. It also has this round plastic thing that Reece says will keep it attached to the outer door, but I didn't figure that one out 100%. Like I said, I wasn't fiddling! I will when they have an official display model. I'll fiddle to my heart's content then.

3rd photo is of the actual lock. Dunno if that helps anyone, but what the heck.

Next photo shows the large window in the door. It's insulated. I know that cuz I read the sticker on the window.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04060-1.jpg   DSC04061-1.jpg   DSC04062-1.jpg   DSC04063-1.jpg  
Old 03-31-2016, 09:02 PM   #11

This post only has one photo. It shows the front driver's side window open. It was already that way. Like I said - I wasn't fiddling, so I didn't even attempt to open any of the windows from inside. They open with a turning knob. Just my luck the window wasn't fully sealed, it'd fall out and guess what - we just paid for the trailer! HA! Not that it would happen, but, hey you never know. I didn't want to test my luck.

Anyway, the window opened farther than I thought it would from the photo Reece had previously posted. So, I was quite pleased to see that.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04066-1.jpg  
Old 03-31-2016, 09:11 PM   #12

Okey dokey, now we've got photos of the inside. As you can see, it's very rough inside and I had to be careful I didn't bang my head against any sharp bits of the cabinet framing. I basically stuck to the middle of the trailer and didn't get too close to anything.

First photo shows the front window (the one with the rock guard) from the inside. It's a non-opening window, so you're not gonna see any cranking knobs on it. Note the raw interior. It was kind of cool seeing it in this stage.

Same window in the 2nd photo, but zoomed back a bit. This is the front dinette area.

Next shows the bathroom. Now that was interesting! Fortunately Reece was still there, so I quizzed him about the medicine cabinet. Like I thought, it's going to go behind the toilet. Yes, it'll be molded in, as someone else pointed out in another thread. I didn't ask the size, so we'll have to hang tight for that information later on. Reece said they're still working on that mold (least that's what I think he said; it was kind of noisy at times, so I wasn't sure I heard correctly all the time) for the bathroom. It'll have 3 shelves with a mirrored door that opens out (I had asked if the door slide from side to side). Can't wait to see that when it gets done!

Last photo shows where the 5.0 cu ft frig will go, with the microwave above it. If you opt for the 6.0 cu ft frig, that support piece (just below the top) will be removed and that entire space taken up with the frig.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04045-1.jpg   DSC04052-1.jpg   DSC04053-1.jpg   DSC04054-1.jpg  
Old 03-31-2016, 09:25 PM   #13
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Very nice of you to take all these pictures and post with a narrative
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:29 PM   #14

Oh yeah, on the frig. As you can see from the last photo above, both the upper and lower venting areas have been cut out. They weren't in the original photos Reece posted as it was basically out of the mold and had the awning slapped on. They're a bit farther along in production now.

I also asked about the "external frig fan" option. Reece said the US frigs don't come with one as part of it, so they're added on if you feel it's needed (esp if you're in hotter climates). Also called "Texas fans" as folks in that hotter part of the country needed it. I got it added on to the build sheet as I'm not 100% sure where all we'll be taking the trailer and figured it was easier to add during the build. He said it has a manual switch to turn off if it's too noisy to sleep through.

Tammy said once they start with the inside production and get the new jigs and used to everything, it'll take about 2 weeks for the interior work to get done.

I had asked when the new 21' will be out and she said the new mold will come in about a month from now. So, in about 6 weeks I can go back again once it's all done so I can measure the windows for the blinds.

She also said it's been about a two year process for the new design and they're quite excited about it.

DANG - just realized I forgot to ask if they're changing the stock countertop, flooring and fabric. Shoot! Since I'm getting all those as customs, it didn't even occur to me to ask until now. Sorry.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:33 PM   #15

More interior shots of the windows. First is in the back bed area, with the emergency escape window on the right. Next shows the back window, which is split (previously shown from the outside). 3rd shows the other side of the bed area. And the last photo is of the kitchen area. The window looks to be the same as the one in the bathroom (which is larger than what they used to have in the bathroom; heck if I know about the kitchen if it's same, larger or what).
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04055-1.jpg   DSC04056-1.jpg   DSC04057-1.jpg   DSC04058-1.jpg  
Old 03-31-2016, 09:38 PM   #16

Okay, last photo. If I remember any other bits of info, I'll post them separately, but I think I've covered everything that was said to me. You folks can chatter about the rest of the interior. I was more interested in the windows and the door and the awning. Raw interiors and framing of cabinets doesn't interest me as much.

This one shows the area outside of where the frig will go.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04050-1.jpg  
Old 03-31-2016, 09:40 PM   #17

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Thanks, Laura. Appreciate the tour!
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:51 PM   #18

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Wow, you're thorough - thanks for the tour!
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:53 PM   #19

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Laura, Thanks for the information and pix. Gives a better idea of what the changes look like. Steve M
Steven M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:00 PM   #20

Trailer: none
Thanks for all the great info and pics!
yogiyoda is offline   Reply With Quote