Making the bed - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2014, 12:31 AM   #21

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Dave - We have a 19' with the new smaller mattress AND the Hypervent underneath. To be honest, I can't imagine making that bed with regular sheets and the Hypervent on the sides as it's so "tight". We just placed the Hypervent on the bottom of the mattress (no easy feat I might add). We also took the suggestion of several forum members and added a mattress topper (three nights on that mattress without a topper was three nights too many for me). I didn't want the weight of a gel mattress topper so, when we stopped in Marysville, WA, to pick up the Hypervent, we also picked up one of their toppers. I was hesitant at first since it's an "egg crate" topper (which I hate); however, this one is so thick we don't even notice its "egg cratiness" (and it's much lighter than the memory foam/gel).
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:05 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
mattress dimensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
We have a matching mattress cover supplied by ETi and use a RV superbag that we roll up during the day. We have drymesh and it fits fine.
Hi Tom and Cheryl, thanks so much for your post and the picture. We are planning to use the 1/2 inch DryMesh product as well. Did you use DryMesh around the sides as well as underneath the mattress? Are the mattress dimensions the current size supplied by ETI which is 59 x 79? Is there enough room around the sides of the mattress to easily accommodate the DryMesh and the upholstered mattress?

Dave
Dave Whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:14 PM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Whiting View Post
Hi Tom and Cheryl, thanks so much for your post and the picture. We are planning to use the 1/2 inch DryMesh product as well. Did you use DryMesh around the sides as well as underneath the mattress? Are the mattress dimensions the current size supplied by ETI which is 59 x 79? Is there enough room around the sides of the mattress to easily accommodate the DryMesh and the upholstered mattress?

Dave
I cut the Drymesh long so it rolls up the walls at the ends and back. No problem with everything fitting and still having a little extra room. The RV superbag is rolled up against the back wall in the picture. Yes that's a shelf on the right side behind the fridge.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 07-16-2014, 08:19 PM   #24

RV Superbag
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 07-16-2014, 08:20 PM   #25

Drymesh under mattress
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 07-16-2014, 08:23 PM   #26

Drymesh.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 07-17-2014, 05:51 PM   #27

Great info Tom and Cheryl, we really appreciate your efforts on our behalf.

dave
Old 07-17-2014, 09:45 PM   #28

Trailer: 2013 19'
Travasack

Travasack is still made and sold at Camping World. We bought one just before Osoyoos and it works wonderfully.

You can find it here: Search - travasack - Camping World

It makes the bed a breeze to make and the sheets are attached by Velcro. The Travasack is about $100 cheaper than the RVsuperbag
sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:02 AM   #29

Thanks so much for all the information everyone. This forum is fantastic for helping us refine our build list.

Dave
Old 07-19-2014, 12:15 PM   #30

Trailer: "Teachers' Pet" our 2014 Escape 19
My wife, who is more agile than me, reports that making the bed is a pain to make. I sleep with my feet out so the sack option is out. She uses a bottom and top sheet and spreads out a down comforter. We have a foam topper which makes for comfortable sleeps. No condensation problems detected yet--but it has been dry.

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.
nealmccarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:03 PM   #31

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Thanks to everyone for so much useful information as it will greatly help us in setting up a trailer. As for making a bed on vacation, only if someone wants to see the inside of the trailer.
Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:43 PM   #32

Revisiting this post. I was searching the internet for someone selling something like the Travasack when I was directed to Camping World. According to their catalog, Travasack is being made again and is on sale. I ordered one but didn't expect much (the skeptic that I am); however, it arrived today, with the Travasack packaging, and, while I don't know what the "original" was like, this looks pretty darn nice. Travasak, Full/Queen 62" x 80", Sand - American Recreational 1660114 - Sheets, Comforters & Blankets - Camping World
Old 10-07-2014, 02:20 AM   #33

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
We have just returned from a two week trip using the travasak. Loved it--I do put an old comforter down under the travasak as we used to have a foam topper---but it was all very comfortable--we had the "winter" side down..

Takes 3 minutes in the morning to fold up the bedding and put the table into position--and we loved the big table... The small table at the front was made into a couch or a spot to have a nap during the day...
Old 10-07-2014, 06:42 AM   #34

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
Revisiting this post. I was searching the internet for someone selling something like the Travasack when I was directed to Camping World. According to their catalog, Travasack is being made again and is on sale. I ordered one but didn't expect much (the skeptic that I am); however, it arrived today, with the Travasack packaging, and, while I don't know what the "original" was like, this looks pretty darn nice. Travasak, Full/Queen 62" x 80", Sand - American Recreational 1660114 - Sheets, Comforters & Blankets - Camping World
I think the real question is if CW has revived the Travasak, how long will they continue it if it doesn't sell real well? There are alternatives such as the RV Superbag, but it is about $100 more. After Travasak went out of business, this company started making replacement sheets for the Travasak. My wife purchased a set of Travasak replacement sheets from them. The RV Superbag, like the Travasak, has a hot weather side and a cold weather side. Again, however, a bit pricey. This type of bedding is versatile, easy to clean unlike sleeping bags which have to be aired out, and eliminates the "struggle" typically associated with making the bed in an RV. I like it so much that I would pay the extra money for an RV Superbag if I had to replace my Travasak and CW was no longer selling them.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:53 AM   #35

This new Travasack is advertised on the CW site as made by "American Recreational Products". Did some searching and found a company with that name actually makes playground equipment out of New York. The actual Travasack label indicates it's made by American Recreation Products (AmericanRec) located on Lookout Road in Boulder, CO, and, according to their web site, they make all kinds of outdoor gear. Maybe they saw an advantage to reprising this brand through CW since the RVSuperbag seems to be doing so well. The Travasack came with the Winter/Summer bags, 200 count sheets (w/pillowcases), two slightly-contrasting-color pillow shams and a cloth "carry bag".
Old 10-07-2014, 10:53 AM   #36

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
I'm not sure I understand how the Travasack works? Is it like a sleeping bag but velcroed together?
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:01 AM   #37

It's two sleeping bags, zippered together. One side is thicker (winter) than the other (summer), with Velcro along the inside edges. The sheets are actually one long sheet with soft Velcro on the edges. You then open up the bags and attach the Velcro on the sheet to the Velcro on the bags. The only kicker is that this whole unit lays on top of the mattress so, if you're like us and didn't order a cover for our mattress, the mattress shows. I'm hoping I've solved that problem as I found a company which sells colored mattress covers (RV Ultimate Mattress Encasement). Will let you know how that turns out.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:44 AM   #38

Ruthe - There's a YouTube video on the RVSuperbag which explains the system(s).
Old 10-07-2014, 01:02 PM   #39

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
If it's just like a sleeping bag...then why not use a sleeping bag?
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #40

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Much, much better than a sleeping bag, even the sleeping bags that zip together. You sleep under sheets, and it's very easy to wash and keep clean. We bought the RV Superbag, since there was no Travasack at the time.