My Dream Escape - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5TA
My Dream Escape

My fabric was delivered today, as were the formica samples!

What do y'all think of this combination?
Okay, I can only seem to load one pic at a time, so this is the fabric
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Vicki A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #2

And this is the formica
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 09-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I like blue. I think the colors are a good choice for Texas! It will be refreshingly cool in the heat of your weather. Monitors are notorious for not displaying colors correctly. Does the blue in the fabric match or contrast with the Formica? I can't really tell. But, the other colors in the fabric are going to give you several good choices for rugs, pillows and bedspreads!

My choices of Formica showed up today. I'm sure glad I got the 5"x7" samples like Paul suggested. The one I thought I'd like... doesn't match my fabric at ALL. Glad you're having better luck Vicki.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:42 PM   #4

Trailer: 2008 Bigfoot 25B17.5G
I like your choices Vicki!

I would suggest you think hard about going with a color over a neutral for your countertops (and floors) only because it may limit resale, or date the trailer later on. Kind of like houses with shag rugs (only way, way, way better looking). If you plan on keeping this trailer for years and know you won't get tired of the blue, by all means go with it (like I said, I personally do like it)!
Donna: On my monitor the colors go together and the formica matches both the lightest and darkest blues.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:17 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
I think they're great choices and agree with Donna that they're perfect for a trailer in hot Texas. I didn't have to think about resale because Egbert was (and is) to be my first and last trailer. My son can worry about resale!
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:44 AM   #6

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
I think this will be my favorite thread! I like your colors Vicki - they are certainly refreshing and cool! I have been thinking about customizing - and blues are my favorite. We made a trip to Chilliwack this week to actually see the 21 and spent a couple of hours yesterday asking all our questions. I was pleased to see that the flooring they have is actually quite neutral and not as gold colored as I thought it looked in the pictures - so I think it would blend nicely with most custom colors.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:20 AM   #7

My choices of Formica showed up today. I'm sure glad I got the 5"x7" samples like Paul suggested. The one I thought I'd like... doesn't match my fabric at ALL. Glad you're having better luck Vicki.[/QUOTE]

Donna, I picked a total of 9 samples even tho I thought the stock color would work, the blues were an after thought. When the samples came I pulled out the fabric, and the "stock", no way. So I lined them all up on the fabric and it was the last one that I liked the best!
I will try to get a picture of them together later.

Hillary - the resale issue came up at home last night.i said I would be dead and buried, so what did I care

My only concern would be if I change the fabric at some point, but then I just did new counter tops in my A/S and found it quite fun.

Thanks for all the good thoughts! We'll just have to wait and see what it looks like. I do have a friend that is a designer, maybe I should talk to her...
Old 09-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #8

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
I love these colours! While the stock colours are nice and neutral, I really like your selection!
JaneM. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #9

Thanks Jane!

Here are the two together...
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 09-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #10

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Lovely!
JaneM. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #11

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA, 2014- RAM HEMI 8 spd
Very nice!
Scuba55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #12

I need some help from those in the know!

My build sheet for the 5 TA is set for the end of June! I am so excited I can't think straight - oh well!

I have only seen 1 5er and not yet seen the 21. I am a very visual person, so I am thinking that when Escape hatches out the first new 5, it would be best for me to see it and also be able to sit and talk with Tammy and Reace about what will be happening.

I was thinking of flying to Vancouver, then renting a car to go to Chilliwack. What kind of weather is the norm the end of March- first part of April? Living in South Texas for 30+ years! I have no interest in driving in snow! Also, are there places to stay nearby?

Let me hear your thoughts. I may have to do this blind, but would rather not.

Thanks!
Old 10-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #13

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
I went to university in Vancouver. It was typical for the cherry trees to be in bloom in March. I remember one year studying for exams (end of March, start of April) lying in the sun down on the beach. Rain is common this time of year (and every other time of year in Vancouver) but it's definitely warming up and snow is unlikely.

The weather up the valley towards Chilliwack is a little more unpredictable, but I would guess the chance of snow is pretty remote.

On the other hand, be warned that if there is snow, Vancouver drivers don't know how to handle it. The city pretty much shuts down on a sprinkling of snow. It's probably better now that all-season radial tires are the norm, but back then everybody drove with summer tires.

2013 Escape 19 ("The Dog House") , 2018 Ford F150
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #14

Trailer: 2012 17B
Although it won't be as scenic, you can fly to Seattle and rent a car for quite a bit fewer $$$. That's what I did for my 'viewing'. Tammy had also suggested an airlines that flies into Bellingham - much closer- but it doesn't fly into Sacramento. She could tell you the name, and if I recall it does have flights into East Texas, not sure where.
Sally P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #15

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki A. View Post
I was thinking of flying to Vancouver, then renting a car to go to Chilliwack. What kind of weather is the norm the end of March- first part of April? Living in South Texas for 30+ years! I have no interest in driving in snow! Also, are there places to stay nearby?
Rain. It rains all winter and spring in the lower mainland, and Chillwack isn't far enough inland to be much different from Vancouver. While mountains in the area get snow (you can ski just outside of Vancouver), down at river level snow is a short-lived novelty. Locals (that's not me, I live in Alberta) can correct my description as appropriate.

Check out something like Google Maps; there is a hotel very close to the Escape factory, and more around the Chilliwack area.
Escape factory: 43851 Industrial Way, Bldg B. Chilliwack, BC, V2R 4L2

There is an airport at Abbotsford, halfway between Vancouver and Chilliwack, if you want to avoid driving in Vancouver; however, it probably only has service by WestJet (a fine airline, but maybe not flying from/to where you need), and the trip sounds like a good excuse to play tourist in Vancouver while you're there.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #16

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey View Post

On the other hand, be warned that if there is snow, Vancouver drivers don't know how to handle it. The city pretty much shuts down on a sprinkling of snow.
Had to laugh last winter when there was a news report from Calgary of a snow storm and the 400 accidents there that day.

Snow in Vancouver is different from the prairies. It's usually pretty much at the melting point, and when compacted, turns to ice with a sheen of water on top.
Most in Vancouver count on all-season tires to make it through the three or four days of snow that we might get in a season. I have snow tires, but try not to drive at all if there is a heavy snowfall.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #17

Trailer: 2012 15A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally P View Post
Although it won't be as scenic, you can fly to Seattle and rent a car for quite a bit fewer $$$. That's what I did for my 'viewing'. Tammy had also suggested an airlines that flies into Bellingham - much closer- but it doesn't fly into Sacramento. She could tell you the name, and if I recall it does have flights into East Texas, not sure where.
Vicki A.

Seattle or Bellingham would both be cheaper to fly to from the US. Rental cars likely cheaper as well but I have no experience with US rentals. Seattle being the longer drive but a very nice city to visit as well if time allows. Bellingham a short drive to Chilliwack.

The Best Western referred to in another post is within walking distance of the Escape Factory and has had decent reviews from those on this form who have used it.

Don't forget it would be best to have a passport. Not sure what the current requirement is but you may just need picture ID to drive into Canada. Passport certainly required if you fly into Canada from the US.

The weather in late March early April is often rainy but the likelihood of snow is very small. Then again you could get a beautiful sunshine day and the mountains along the Fraser River Valley/ Chilliwack area are a beautiful sight to observe in the spring.

The trip to the factory is a great experience. Reace and Tammy are great to deal with and the factory tour would certainly satisfy your visual craving to see what goes into the trailer production and final product.
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #18

Not March or April, but May 4 this year in my back yard.
Attached Thumbnails
May 4 2013.jpg  
Old 10-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #19

Trailer: 2012 15A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally P View Post
Seattle or Bellingham would both be cheaper to fly to from the US. Rental cars likely cheaper as well but I have no experience with US rentals. Seattle being the longer drive but a very nice city to visit as well if time allows. Bellingham a short drive to Chilliwack.

The Best Western refereed to in another post is within walking distance of the Escape Factory and has had decent reviews from those on this form who have used it.

Don't forget it would be best to have a passport. Not sure what the current requirement is but you may just need picture ID to drive into Canada. Passport certainly required if you fly into Canada from the US.

The weather in late March early April, as previously noted, is often rainy but the likelihood of snow is very small. Chilliwack is 10 metres (30 ft.) above sea level and the average daytime temperature in March and April is certainly well above freezing. Evening lows can get down near the freezing level. Then again you could get a beautiful sunshine day and the mountains along the Fraser River Valley/ Chilliwack area are a beautiful sight to observe in the spring with their show caped peaks.

The trip to the factory is a great experience. Reace and Tammy are great to deal with and the factory tour would certainly satisfy your visual craving to see what goes into the trailer production and final product.
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:33 PM   #20

You need a passport or an "enhanced driver license" ( for everybody ) to cross by land. In the air, you have to have a passport. Not sure what's involved in the U.S. to get enhanced license.
Probably best to just go with a passport.