My Purchase Chronology starting 09/09/2020 - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2021, 08:52 AM   #121
Site Team

Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
Centex

Can't help but notice your build sheet states, "Toilet Shut Off Valve (for winterization)". I've never, in many campers, used the toilet shut off valve for winterization. I have used it for when the toilet components failed, spraying water all over, so we could shut off water to the toilet and still use water in the trailer.

I'm trying to figure out how to use the that valve for winterization. I wonder if ETI knows what that valve is for.

Enjoy,

Perry
My 2019 build sheet has both toilet shut off and winterizing T valve as options, listed separately $25 and $35 each, respectively.

cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 08:53 AM   #122

Trailer: 2005 Casita 17 Deluxe (original owner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
... Can't help but notice your build sheet states, "Toilet Shut Off Valve (for winterization)". ....
Yeah, that item description along with all of the others in that column are just verbatim copy>paste from the current ETI build sheet into my excel 'working version'.

I fully agree with the actual functional utility of that valve as you describe (isolate a leaking toilet from the rest of the pressurized water system if ever needed)

Though a rare occurrence in my region, when 'winterization' is needed I've always just purged the freshwater lines with air, including the toilet supply by leaving that 'shutoff-valve' open and actuating the toilet flush to clear water in that section of the lines.

Old 04-20-2021, 12:07 PM   #123

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
Gotta laugh at myself regarding this thread. Thought it wouldn't interest me, as I bought my 19 when it was 10 years old, and build sheets weren't an issue. However, there is a lot of food for thought here as well as ideas for future mods.

In the spirit of the good intentions of all who are writing on this thread, I will add the following regarding steel vs aluminum wheels. Just last week, I replaced one of the factory original aluminum wheels on my TV due to corrosion getting to the area where the tire bead seats on the rim. My tire dealer says he sees this regularly when working on vehicles exposed to salt. There is no reliable repair--you either have to keep pumping air into the tire, or replace the rim, which is considerably more expensive than steel. There is an anti-corrosion/bead sealant available, but it only works for a while. The problem will get worse over time. Similar problem with rusting steel wheels, just less expensive to replace.

I have no dog in this fight, just hoping to add a bit of information to the discussion so you can make the decision that works best for you.
Old 04-20-2021, 01:29 PM   #124

Trailer: 2011 Casita 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
Was this the sink you pulled out of your Casita?
edit: [I]yes I can see how that sink would have been in the way.
Not exactly 'identical' to the Escape sink, which is less than half that size.

Personally I asked ETI if they offered a bigger bathroom sink. I thought the Casita sink was too small to be of any value and now I'm seeing the photo of the Escape sink. I don't like to splash my feet when I splash water on my face.
Greatboatz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 04:24 PM   #125

Exclamation Chronology Milestone - Configuration Complete!

Just to keep the chronology complete - today 04-22-2021 I E-Signed the "Build Sheet Confirmation / Purchase Agreement" document.

Comfortably ahead of the 05/18/2021 'deadline'; no, that does not bring a change to the original ETI Completion Date commitment, but may help ensure they'll have the pieces to meet that commitment.

WooHoo, making progress!
Old 04-22-2021, 08:39 PM   #126

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
Congratulations Centex, on pulling the trigger on the configuration sheet. It's a good feeling. I made many of the same choices as you, including nixing the sink. The great thing about Escape is that you get to make the choices you want, instead of some company accountant or sales team. The (very tiny) downside is some of the feedback if you choose to make your choices public on the forum Anyway, I've enjoyed you sharing your journey - let's hope it your trailer is in your driveway sooner rather than later.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 08:46 PM   #127

Thumbs up

Thank you Sherminator and yes it's a good feeling!

Nah, no downside whatsoever with any of the comments, all are taken as offered with best intentions and all are most welcome. By design I've not been shy about sharing ideas from 'mild-to-wild', contributors on this forum have been a tremendous resource and have certainly prompted some beneficial re-thinking about a number of items. I'm nothing but grateful for everyone here

August works great for me, just keeping the fingers crossed that there's no hicups along the way with supplies / components for my build
Old 04-22-2021, 09:13 PM   #128

Trailer: Plan: 2021 May - E5.0
All the best! In our case, the main build corrections/changes happened after the “final” build sign-off. ETI were generous enough to accommodate us about one or two that were initiated by us.

August is definitely a very good time to travel to this part of the world, if you are picking up in Sumas, WA. Let us know if you travel through SLC!
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:24 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
All the best! ...
August is definitely a very good time to travel to this part of the world, if you are picking up in Sumas, WA. Let us know if you travel through SLC!
Thank You!

If the border is open so I can do the 'olde skool' orientation / inspection at Chilliwack I'll definitely be heading to Sumas; if not, I may well opt for delivery to the Denton, TX hub. Denton is an easy 1-day drive for me and I've lots of friends with generous driveways in that area for an overnight before heading home. Still some time to keep my fingers crossed in hope of the former, or opt for the latter.
Old 04-23-2021, 02:09 PM   #130

Makes sense! The drive from Austin, TX is much longer than what we face. For us, it is just a 2-3 day drive...

We are planning a leisurely trip - making our way to Bellingham over 3 days - SLC->Missoula, MT->Winthrop, WA->Bellingham and staying two nights in Bellingham before picking up in Sumas to be in a relaxed frame of mind. Camping two nights after the pickup so that we can tell the front from the back before proceeding further. We'd love anything like an orientation but are resigned to learning by doing. The first several days will be stressful, but hopefully it will settle down after that.
Old 04-23-2021, 03:07 PM   #131

Trailer: 2020 21C & F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
Makes sense! The drive from Austin, TX is much longer than what we face. For us, it is just a 2-3 day drive...

We are planning a leisurely trip - making our way to Bellingham over 3 days - SLC->Missoula, MT->Winthrop, WA->Bellingham and staying two nights in Bellingham before picking up in Sumas to be in a relaxed frame of mind. Camping two nights after the pickup so that we can tell the front from the back before proceeding further. We'd love anything like an orientation but are resigned to learning by doing. The first several days will be stressful, but hopefully it will settle down after that.
There are many YouTube videos for beginners on what equipment you need for camping, and how to set up a camp site. The videos pertain to any RV. Watch more than one, and more than once so you have a successful journey. For example, you have to level your trailer for the refrigerator to work properly if your campsite is not level. You need leveling blocks (I have two sets) to level your trailer.
dlakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 03:28 PM   #132

Thank you, Dana!

We have watched a lot of videos - from Escape and otherwise. We will do more of that, but they are still a long way away from having the camper in front of us. We are downloading them and keeping them available offline. The plan is to spend a day and a half looking at them when we are in the camper.

Thanks to your advice earlier, we have collected a fairly large number of items to help us move into and take care care of basic tasks, including the levelers, torque wrench, the breaker bar and what not. While I am confident that it will work out, I will be more certain after having done it a time or two