My Purchase Chronology starting 09/09/2020 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2020, 01:04 PM   #1

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Thumbs up My Purchase Chronology starting 09/09/2020

Off top-dead-center .... placed my 5.0 deposit today 09/09/2020 .... the online deposit page shows August as the delivery month.

Thanks again to David Murphy for the tour of your 2019 5.0TA, your name was entered in the "Referral" space on my deposit form.

Obviously, I've now got plenty of time to work out the configuration details, but at least I'm finally in-the-queue, page one of the next chapter in my RVing adventures.

It's my intent to maintain a chronology of my purchase experience in this thread, just for those who may be interested in how the process proceeds.
Old 09-09-2020, 01:09 PM   #2

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the club - if things ever get back to normal we'll have to have a Central Texas Escape rally, there are getting to be quite a few of us. August is a long time off...but it will be worth the wait!
Old 09-09-2020, 02:22 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
Wow, August 2021??!!! There must be such high demand right now!!

When I first started looking in early 2017, I think there was something like a 9-10 month wait. I put a deposit down in May 2018 with a completion date of late August and picked it up in early September. I thought I was extremely lucky to have gotten that timing.

Well, the good thing is you have lots of time to think about it, dream about it, and look forward to the day you get it!!
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 02:41 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Just for reference: I ordered June 2, 2008 and picked up July 26, 2008.
Old 09-09-2020, 03:03 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
Welcome to the club - if things ever get back to normal we'll have to have a Central Texas Escape rally, there are getting to be quite a few of us. August is a long time off...but it will be worth the wait!

Yes! But any season not named “Summer”. [emoji846]
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:56 PM   #6

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
I’d be up for a Central Texas Escape Rally anytime after January 2021 when we get our 21C. We put our deposit in on August 19th for a January completion date. Must of got it in just before the crazy rush.
uthorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 11:10 PM   #7

Exclamation Chronology Update 1

For consistency I'll adopt the Canadian date format convention used by ETI

2020-09-09 Deposit Submitted via online form
2020-09-09 "Welcome" email received from ETI with Order Ref Number and "important milestones" listed:
  • Start of Configuration Stage: 2021-04-19 (4 months prior to completion).
  • Confirmation Date/Purchase Agreement: 2021-05-18 (3 months prior to completion). Build sheet 'locked' and deposit non-refundable as of this action.
  • Production Complete: 2021-08-18. Remaining balance due becomes payable at this time.
  • Free storage ends: 2021-09-17 (1 month after completion).
All as per the process timeline description by Karl in the recent livestream, no surprises.

Free Storage is moot for me, I'm planning on delivery / pickup in Sumas ASAP upon availability, with the long-anticipated 'shakedown trip' returning to Texas
Old 09-13-2020, 05:41 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
For consistency I'll adopt the Canadian date format convention used by ETI

2020-09-09 Deposit Submitted via online form
2020-09-09 "Welcome" email received from ETI with Order Ref Number and "important milestones" listed:
  • Start of Configuration Stage: 2021-04-19 (4 months prior to completion).
  • Confirmation Date/Purchase Agreement: 2021-05-18 (3 months prior to completion). Build sheet 'locked' and deposit non-refundable as of this action.
  • Production Complete: 2021-08-18. Remaining balance due becomes payable at this time.
  • Free storage ends: 2021-09-17 (1 month after completion).
All as per the process timeline description by Karl in the recent livestream, no surprises.

Free Storage is moot for me, I'm planning on delivery / pickup in Sumas ASAP upon availability, with the long-anticipated 'shakedown trip' returning to Texas
I ordered a couple of weeks earlier than you and my scheduled delivery date is Feb 2020:

Deposit date: 2020-08-25
Configuration Stage: 2020-10-26 (4 months prior to completion).
Confirmation Date/Sign off: 2020-11-26 (3 months prior to completion).
Arrange for Delivery (optional): 2021-01-26 (1 month prior to completion).
Production Complete: 2021-02-26
Free storage ends: 2021-03-26 (1 month after completion).

I called Escape before ordering and was told the expected delivery date was May 2020, when I put down the deposit and emails says it's Feb 2020. I emailed Escape and was confirmed the Feb 2020 date. This is surprising, hope it comes through in Feb.
dragontale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 07:41 PM   #9

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontale View Post
I called Escape before ordering and was told the expected delivery date was May 2020, when I put down the deposit and emails says it's Feb 2020. I emailed Escape and was confirmed the Feb 2020 date. This is surprising, hope it comes through in Feb.
2021! Don’t want to rush life but don’t we want to be done with 2020 already and start fresh?!
Old 09-13-2020, 07:44 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
2021! Don’t want to rush life but don’t we want to be done with 2020 already and start fresh?!
Haha, sorry about the typo. I'm with you, don't want to go back in time to Feb 2020.
dragontale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 02:21 PM   #11

Lightbulb passing the time - Refrigeration Research

Solar charging systems and compressor-type refrigeration are two areas of big interest to me. ETI has already announced some limited info related to both, but sparse on details at this time and lots questions about what will actually be available for the 5.0 by the time my Build-Sheet is due.

So, while patiently awaiting more info from ETI I'm pursuing research and learning. I'm not at all averse to aftermarket DIY solutions if that proves most advantageous for me.

Since determining electrical demand is the first-step in Solar Systems planning / design, and refrigeration can play a big part in that, it's the focus at the moment.

To that end, attached is a table of compressor-type refrigeration options I've compiled (pics, volume, dimensions, running amps, etc). Not 'ranked' in any particular order, some on the table may not be practical at all, and more options may be discovered.

Just providing FYI for the interested observers.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf REEFER OPTIONS DIMENSIONS.pdf (117.4 KB, 157 views)
Old 09-14-2020, 02:45 PM   #12

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19 "Lily"
Send a message via MSN to Sean Murry Send a message via Yahoo to Sean Murry
Quote:
Solar charging systems and compressor-type refrigeration are two areas of big interest to me. ETI has already announced some limited info related to both, but sparse on details at this time and lots questions about what will actually be available for the 5.0 by the time my Build-Sheet is due.

So, while patiently awaiting more info from ETI I'm pursuing research and learning. I'm not at all averse to aftermarket DIY solutions if that proves most advantageous for me.

Since determining electrical demand is the first-step in Solar Systems planning / design, and refrigeration can play a big part in that, it's the focus at the moment.

To that end, attached is a table of compressor-type refrigeration options I've compiled (pics, volume, dimensions, running amps, etc). Not 'ranked' in any particular order, some on the table may not be practical at all, and more options may be discovered.

Just providing FYI for the interested observers.
Great information in your attachment.
One thing to consider is whether the fridge will fit through the door of the Escape.
For example we went with the NovaKool RFU8220. We were going to go with the RFU900 as it is a bit bigger, same height and width of the RFU8220, but the depth made it impossible to fit through the Escape door.
We were able to get the RFU8220 through the door by sliding it through sideways. That extra depth would prevent it from getting in.
Sean Murry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 02:48 PM   #13

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Great resource. Thanks. Will be looking at one seriously if the RM2510 absorption ever gives up. Right now its doing pretty well after some research and improvements I've made in the installation.
Old 09-14-2020, 02:49 PM   #14

Note we also had to remove the door of the fridge to squeeze it through the Escape door. I forget what the exact clear width of the Escape door is, but it was somewhere around 20". The door itself appears a bit wider, but if I recall there is a bit of lip or sticky out bit that reduces the width when trying to squeeze something through it.
Old 09-14-2020, 02:55 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Murry View Post
.... One thing to consider is whether the fridge will fit through the door of the Escape ....
Certainly sensitive to that harsh reality, Sean, but thanks for the reminder!

I've yet to get 'clear opening' info on all the 5.0 door-opening 'conditions' (door open with no disassembly, door removed from frame if possible, entire door frame removed if possible) but that's on my 'list' (thanks for your ~20" note).

As you say, pulling the reefer doors is usually a non-event, I know most any option is gonna be a close-fit.

I'm not above some short-term 'radical surgery' (short of cutting any fiberglass!) if that's what it takes to get what I want for the hopefully very long-term day-in-day-out maximum satisfaction
Old 09-14-2020, 05:50 PM   #16
Escape Trailer Industries

Trailer: All of them
Quote:
Off top-dead-center .... placed my 5.0 deposit today 09/09/2020 .... the online deposit page shows August as the delivery month.

Thanks again to David Murphy for the tour of your 2019 5.0TA, your name was entered in the "Referral" space on my deposit form.

Obviously, I've now got plenty of time to work out the configuration details, but at least I'm finally in-the-queue, page one of the next chapter in my RVing adventures.

It's my intent to maintain a chronology of my purchase experience in this thread, just for those who may be interested in how the process proceeds.
I don't normally crawl around the forum, but I was looking for something today and happened upon this post. First of all congratulations Centex, and thank you for letting us build your Escape. I really enjoy the area around Austin, specifically I kept going back to New Braunfels for beer and music at the Gruene Hall and Queso (was only talking with my wife Sharon this week about the amazing Queso) at the pub on the river.

I am so looking forward to the border opening up again so that Sharon and I can go on a road trip which will definitely include Austin area.

For those perplexed by the leadtime, we sold near 10 months production slots in 6 weeks with the highest order week being 75, and it is not slowing down much.

Karl@Escape
Karl@Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 06:05 PM   #17

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl@Escape View Post
.... For those perplexed by the leadtime....
FYI I am not among "those" - IMO y'all gave 'fair warning' via several livestreams. It is what it is

I'll just have to exercise patience confident that it'll be worth the wait, congrats to ETI for the prosperous times, just keep-up that all-important attention to detail and quality, thanks for dropping-in, Karl!
Old 09-14-2020, 06:10 PM   #18

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
I just placed my deposit On a 5.0 for an August delivery. I have real world experience on the Norcold DE 0061. I relied on that advertised 3.2 amp hour number and was shocked when it was double that. It’s closer to 6+ amps when it’s running. I called Norcold and the person answering the phone did have much to say except he sent me some documentation confirming the 6 amp hour number. I had thought something might be wrong with my system. I have 340 watts of solar and 2-12v AGM batteries and rarely have an issue except when under tree cover. While I think compressor fridges are far superior, we will probably stay with absorption due to this being a trailer and the possibility of extended stays under cover.
Jwinfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:10 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwinfrey View Post
I just placed my deposit On a 5.0 for an August delivery. I have real world experience on the Norcold DE 0061. I relied on that advertised 3.2 amp hour number and was shocked when it was double that. It’s closer to 6+ amps when it’s running. I called Norcold and the person answering the phone did have much to say except he sent me some documentation confirming the 6 amp hour number. I had thought something might be wrong with my system. I have 340 watts of solar and 2-12v AGM batteries and rarely have an issue except when under tree cover. While I think compressor fridges are far superior, we will probably stay with absorption due to this being a trailer and the possibility of extended stays under cover.
Congratulations on your 5.0 Order!

Thank You for sharing your DE0061 experience! I'd noted the rather low Norcold-advertised running amps compared to others as I built the table.

Do you happen to have a feel for the total run-time per typical warm/hot 24-hr day with your DE0061, and the outside temperature that goes with that?

Is the unit effective in keeping refrigerator compartment items chilled but not frozen? And freezer items, well, frozen?
Old 09-14-2020, 08:21 PM   #20

Quote:
Congratulations on your 5.0 Order!

Thank You for sharing your DE0061 experience! I'd noted the rather low Norcold-advertised running amps compared to others as I built the table.

Do you happen to have a feel for the total run-time per typical warm/hot 24-hr day with your DE0061, and the outside temperature that goes with that?

Is the unit effective in keeping refrigerator compartment items chilled but not frozen? And freezer items, well, frozen?
Not sure about the Norcold but our Novakool with ambient temperature of 38 degrees Celcius, fridge compartment was perfectly cool and freezer had everything well frozen. I would expect Norcold to be similair