New 19 on order - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2021, 11:48 AM   #1

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
New 19 on order

Well, it was inevitable! We love our 17A and so of course now we got the 2-ft-fever and have ordered a 19. I do like the 21C too, but the 19 will still fit comfortably in our side driveway.

The "bang for the buck" side of me wants the 21C but the "don't take more than you need/aspiring minimalist" wants the 19. Heck, if we could park the 21C at home I'd want it.

We'll still keep it minimal. We don't want AC and will forego solar (but will make it solar-ready like the 17 for future options). I think I'll skip the oven after seeing so many problems with it. I value storage more than I do the bigger fridge.

Having said all that, one of the reasons I wanted to place a deposit was so that I can join the Inventory Frenzy. Also I'll be scanning the used trailer listings from now on. So clearly I wouldn't be unhappy with a loaded trailer too :-).
Small but Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 01:11 PM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
To me the 19' is the perfect trailer . Big table and large bed. Yet the trailer is small enough we can get it into places we want to go. You can add a second maxx fan in place of the air unit if you chose to. wow it dint take you long to size up.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 01:45 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I went from a 19 to a 21, back to a 19 and then to a 21........?
Old 03-28-2021, 02:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Haha, I thought of you... that's my fear
Old 03-28-2021, 02:02 PM   #5

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post

You on the list for the 23?
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 02:10 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
We really like our 19 for size.

Minimal for us would also include the kitchen window...we also like the bathroom window and if you do powered sites a lot, then the electric hot water option.

That makes for a fine trailer on a low budget.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 02:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
We really like our 19 for size.

Minimal for us would also include the kitchen window...we also like the bathroom window and if you do powered sites a lot, then the electric hot water option.

That makes for a fine trailer on a low budget.
Yes, I totally agree - both windows and the 2-way hot water for sure. Also the storage box and we like the (controversial) spray foam insulation on our 17. Surge protector is a Yes. Want the straight dining booth (not U-shaped) for bigger tabletop. Foot flush and the toilet cut-off valve thing. Two 6V lead batteries.
Old 03-28-2021, 02:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
To me the 19' is the perfect trailer . Big table and large bed. Yet the trailer is small enough we can get it into places we want to go. You can add a second maxx fan in place of the air unit if you chose to. wow it dint take you long to size up.
Well, we didn't know if the 17A was going to be one of those regrettable purchases that you use only once or twice, but we took it out 8 times last year all around Oregon and love it. Planning the first 2021 trip this coming weekend with the next 2 already booked after that. Now we know how much we enjoy it, and want to go further afield. And we aren't so afraid of trailer bathrooms as we were before, LOL (first camper trailer).
Old 04-05-2021, 08:03 PM   #9

21C after all?

Thinking we could probably fit a 21C in our back driveway now... this is only due to John's trailer parking skills. Here's how the 17 looks now. It is VERY close to the fence, but still enough gap that I can squeeze into the parked trailer if I need to. The bottleneck is to the left where you can see the bike shed is closest to the trailer. We'd have to find new ways to deal with bikes and recycling bins but we are getting very keen on the 21 idea now. This is also based on being able to tow with the Highlander but there are enough people among the forum who are happy with the Highlander/21 combination. What do you all think?

Bottleneck on the one side is 28" now so will be 20" for a 21 and 24" for a 19. That's when we're as close to the fence as possible on the other side like this photo. We can easily fit the extra length though.
Attached Thumbnails
F84250F9-50D2-4BBD-9431-DADE9DA9A44D.jpg