New 23 floorplan renderings on ETI website! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2021, 09:11 AM   #21

Trailer: Looking
23T

I think the Twin Floorplan is nice for a family of 4. You get separate "rooms" for the kids and adults, the kids can sleep in an L shape on the kitchen table to have more space, and you get a separate bathroom and shower. Perhaps the table will also have a cot option for kids. My wife really wants a dry bath, and you can always use the shower as storage as well. I think the stove will end up next to the sink and perhaps the cook top is one of those new ones that can run off lithium better? I've seen those in stickies. You also get a nice swinging spice rack.

I was hoping I'd like the queen layout more, but the bathroom door is a bit odd in the render and you lose the cool spice rack. You also lose the openness of having a single aisle down the middle. Perhaps it will be better in person/on video.

The 23T looks almost exactly like the Airstream Flying Cloud 25FB Twin, but shrunk by 2 feet and fiberglass. That was always my favorite layout in the Airstream.
pmaknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 12:46 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I thought I’d really like the 23 when it was announced, I don’t.
The Bigfoot 25 is so much more trailer, that we’d still go there if ever a change.
The 23 as said above, seems to be all built around getting the bath and I think it causes the trailer to be very cluttered and not spacious. Galley space seems very tiny.
Of course, I reserve the right to change my opinion if I ever actually see one, but a Q bed with two cutoff corners and what looks like two Scamp 13’s glued together with a door separating them for $40k+ is not doing it for me.
I’m sure many will like it and it should do well for ETI especially the twin bed model which Casita showed has a market.
It’s just not giving me goosebumps, and loving the 19 even more.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 12:51 PM   #23

Trailer: 2017 5.0
Let's not lose sight of the important word "Preliminary" above these renderings. Also, comparing to Bigfoot has one big problem...price. Personally, I can afford an Escape, but Bigfoots are out of my price range.
Old 01-19-2021, 04:41 PM   #24

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Update video posted yesterday
Old 01-19-2021, 04:45 PM   #25

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
With similar proportions it seems the Bigfoot 25B21FB layout would be advantageous to emulate. Side dinette and lose the view out the rear. Always compromises...
Attached Thumbnails
04_25B21FB.jpg  
Old 01-19-2021, 05:02 PM   #26

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
With similar proportions it seems the Bigfoot 25B21FB layout would be advantageous to emulate. Side dinette and lose the view out the rear. Always compromises...

I agree. They use every inch of space well.

That is a floor plan I think I could live with.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 05:52 PM   #27

Trailer: On Wait List for 23. Deposit on 5.0. Currently Aliner Family.
I watched the new video. Interesting that they said they are not introducing any new options in the next two years a few days ago and then the new E23 video suggests that they are still looking at aluminum frames. Aluminum is attractive on a number of levels but is very susceptible to fatigue issues. It needs engineering. I hope that they work out potential issues on paper before they are identified in the field.
Steve S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 06:06 PM   #28

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S. View Post
... the new E23 video suggests that they are still looking at aluminum frames. Aluminum is attractive on a number of levels but is very susceptible to fatigue issues. It needs engineering. I hope that they work out potential issues on paper before they are identified in the field.
An aluminum frame seems like a very bad idea to me, because of those issues. Hopefully this is just chatter in response to Oliver fans, and won't go ahead.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 07:12 PM   #29

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
The plan on the 23 is an aluminum frame. I have not heard any talk of changing any of the other frames.
Old 01-19-2021, 11:47 PM   #30

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
I agree. They use every inch of space well.

That is a floor plan I think I could live with.
We’d love to have a Bigfoot but the 60,000 price is out of the range
If the 23 comes in at 40 we might look. The 21 is nice though, the 5.0 may also still be in the cards. Maybe my kids will strike it rich .
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 12:13 AM   #31

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
We will never have a Bigfoot as none of their models have a 60 x 80 bed. That is minimum for us.

Our last trailer had a dry bath...what a waste of space. Ended up putting in a removable rod and hanging coats in it. Took the coats out when we wanted a shower.

I don’t think with the wall in the trailer that people are going to be happy with how closed in the trailer is going to feel.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 07:29 AM   #32

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
I really liked our Bigfoot pickup camper; never had a Bigfoot trailer. I prefer 84”-90” wide trailers. Less than 84” leaves it too small inside for me. Over 90” and it gets harder to go some of the places I go. Bigfoot doesn’t make a trailer that width. They also don’t have a 60” wide bed until the 25’. I don’t want or need anything that big. It’s likely at some point I’ll want another camper, and Bigfoot will be at the top of the list. I’ve had 3 stick campers, and the Bigfoot was much better. The NorthernLite campers of Escape’s sister company would be a second choice for me.
Old 01-20-2021, 01:32 PM   #33

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Having a 21C, I think if I had a choice or option for it I would take the 23C with a wet bath and more kitchen/living area.
Old 01-20-2021, 05:49 PM   #34

Trailer: Escape 21 2019
Appears like no front window over the twin beds. That would be a deal breaker for me. Natural light from all four sides is a must. Will see when the final design is finished.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 12:04 PM   #35

Trailer: 2017 5.0
Personally I am really liking the 23C floorplan. Judging from some of the negative reactions here, it's clear that the dry bath and walkaround bed are not desirable enough to some folks to justify the space compromises...but they are to me. This floorplan is actually pretty similar to the Lance 2075, which is another trailer we are considering. But that one is slightly longer and wider, so it appears to be a little more spacious. We are eager to see the final 23 floorplan and of course, the actual prototype...
Old 01-27-2021, 03:23 PM   #36

Trailer: In the market to buy
Interesting that Karl said the 23C was the only trailer on the market with the layout it has. Check out the Riverside Retro 171drd https://fnsrv.com/retro/171drd
I know, not fiberglass and only 21 feet, but also half the price. Picked one up in November after having my heart set on the E23. Priority of us was walk around queen (full size as this unit is 8 ft wide). Getting to be too old to climb over my wife every time I get in or out of bed. Happy camping to all!
MattC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 07:40 PM   #37

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
I really liked some of the Retros, but the quality was an issue for me. I'm a newbie and read the reviews ,and it scared me. They really are cool looking though
Old 01-28-2021, 01:34 PM   #38

Trailer: In the market to buy
I understand completely. I was very hesitant to buy any of the mass produced, stick-built trailers and was set on an E23. Then I read on this forum about the grey water drain issues that seemed to start around the time Escape was acquired by KV Private Equity. Maybe co-incidental, but at that point I decided to take a chance on the Retro. Still love the Escapes though. If I ever upgrade to fiberglass it will either be Escape or Bigfoot.
MattC is offline   Reply With Quote