New inventory models available now - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2023, 09:12 AM   #41

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVA View Post
I believe it is not surprising. Given that the current wait time is measured in months, not years, why would one purchase a trailer at full list price with options and specifications that may not be what you would choose? Waiting a few months can save you money (assuming one does not want all of the options on these trailers) and you can customize the interior options (countertops, flooring, etc.) to one's choosing.

Just a thought.

I think that is a big part of it. The E19s were priced almost 10K more than mine I just ordered. That's a lot take. It was like they loaded them up.
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 08:57 AM   #42

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
ETI has a limited time offer of free delivery of an inventory trailer to any if their 17 US delivery hubs, and as far east in Canada as Ontario. The free delivery must be paired with another trailer. As of today, they list three inventory units on their website (one of which is still in production).
YakRV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 10:14 AM   #43

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Like a lot of folks in this forum I took some Economics courses in college. Fortunately I sold the books at the end of each class. I say that because in today’s world many of the concepts and what had been gospel since the Henry Ford days is now out the window.

There are many forces in play these days and it makes for complex understanding for me ar a minimum. I’m pretty much a dinosaur now. Don’t buy big things on credit, carry money, won’t pay an up charge percentage for using a credit card and don’t have a rewards card at Paneras. That way, it’s easy and truthful when I say “Your guess is as good as mine”.

Only needed a small bag of ice for my cooler in the car this morning so I bought the small bag at a store just now. Used what I needed and put the rest in the Escape freezer which is running at 8 below F. That’s economy my way.
Have a great weekend
Iowa Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... You could call that econo ICE. Our rewards card is for free groceries, and we know how expensive they are!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 12:07 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
ETI has a limited time offer of free delivery of an inventory trailer to any if their 17 US delivery hubs, and as far east in Canada as Ontario. The free delivery must be paired with another trailer. As of today, they list three inventory units on their website (one of which is still in production).

ETI put too much on them. They are loaded up $$$$. It's one thing to do that for their display model. Not sure what they were thinking building those like that(at least the E19s)more people want the 21s.? I'm listed as able to take mine new E19, earlier, no asking me to? So instead they spend time building these $$$$, when the market is slowing down? But "seems" they are still being shipped with some build problems. Instead of taking their time now, & put a little more time into quality control?
Old 05-03-2023, 12:38 PM   #45

Trailer: 2019 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing Trials View Post
ETI put too much on them. They are loaded up $$$$. It's one thing to do that for their display model. Not sure what they were thinking building those like that(at least the E19s)more people want the 21s.? I'm listed as able to take mine new E19, earlier, no asking me to? So instead they spend time building these $$$$, when the market is slowing down? But "seems" they are still being shipped with some build problems. Instead of taking their time now, & put a little more time into quality control?

Then add to that the $1500 inventory surcharge (aka. quick purchase penalty) and its no wonder these are selling slowly.
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 02:38 PM   #46

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo7000 View Post
Yeah no kidding!! If I was in the market today, I’d be looking hard at an Airstream Base Camp.
The Airstream Basecamp is a single axle trailer. The tandem axles of the Escape 19 is what lead me to Escape in the first place. I'm certainly glad I snuck under the wire with my early 2020 deposit and September 2020 pickup.

When I put my deposited down Escape had about a dozen inventory trailers. None were configured like I wanted and I wasn't in a hurry so our September pickup date was perfect for us.

Escapes are the only tandem axle non stick built trailer I can tow with the 5000 lb tow rating of my Sprinter van. Escape trailers are unique in that regard.

Someone buying those inventory trailers now gets an extra Summer of use out of the trailer. That alone can be worth the premium for a well equipped trailer now. If people have walked away from their in production trailers, in my opinion it is their loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo7000 View Post
I’m priced out of both though… when I bought my well-equipped 19 back in 2018, it was affordable for people like me. At the time, between the cost of the trailer and the new truck I bought to tow it, I was rolling down the highway with upwards of a $70k investment with mixed feelings that I had just spent way too much $$. It’s hard to imagine that is cheap by today’s standards, but it is.

All I can say is, if happiness is wanting what you have, and loving what you have, I’m a very happy camper!! I feel so badly for prospective RV buyers who think they want an Escape until they find out just how spendy they are. But, one thing I remember when I bought mine was someone here said a person could buy an Escape with not even 1 option, and they would be able to camp very well and very comfortably… I never forgot that. So foregoing options is definitely one way to keep costs down.

All 4 of the trailers mentioned in the original post here are pretty loaded up with options, including lithium batteries, a second solar panel, and other stuff I consider to be nice-to-haves but not have-to-haves… at least by my standards.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 03:09 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberman View Post
Then add to that the $1500 inventory surcharge (aka. quick purchase penalty) and its no wonder these are selling slowly.
This is what baffles me about the latest round of inventory units. Maybe I missed it, but don’t recall seeing that added surcharge when RVs were selling like hotcakes and the lead time for an ordered Escape was 12-18 months.

Escape always seemed to load their inventory units with options, but - again - that was when lead times were crazy and folks were willing to pay more to get out camping sooner. Seems ETI might have miscalculated this time.
Old 05-03-2023, 03:27 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberman View Post
If there is free shipping on inventory trailers as stated.
Quote:
Then the $1500 is really like an automobile delivery fee, you pay the same delivery fee if you buy a car in the town it was assembled or clear across the country.
Old 05-03-2023, 04:45 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
If there is free shipping on inventory trailers as stated.

Then the $1500 is really like an automobile delivery fee, you pay the same delivery fee if you buy a car in the town it was assembled or clear across the country.
I can see where that would make sense (and it also applies to RVs bought from a dealership lot), but this is only a limited time offer for the free delivery on inventory units. The extra surcharge was there before this free delivery offer. These inventory units used to go really fast, but not this batch. If they still don’t sell, I would expect ETI will waive that added inventory surcharge as well to see if that gets them sold.
Old 05-03-2023, 08:02 PM   #50
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
ETI put too much on them. They are loaded up $$$$. It's one thing to do that for their display model. Not sure what they were thinking building those like that(at least the E19s)
ETI is taking a cue from the auto industry. Dealerships are loading up vehicles with dealer installed options because it's a simple way to increase margin. They know they will sell. Go look at factory built adventure vans like Sprinters. They are crazy overbuilt.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 11:06 AM   #51

Quote:
I can see where that would make sense (and it also applies to RVs bought from a dealership lot), but this is only a limited time offer for the free delivery on inventory units. The extra surcharge was there before this free delivery offer. These inventory units used to go really fast, but not this batch. If they still don’t sell, I would expect ETI will waive that added inventory surcharge as well to see if that gets them sold.

That free delivery is huge for east of The Mississippi. I don't know where these hubs are.
Old 05-04-2023, 11:38 AM   #52

Quote:
That free delivery is huge for east of The Mississippi. I don't know where these hubs are.
This is taken from ETI’s website today (subject to change, obviously). Also, keep in mind, this is a limited time offer for free delivery of current inventory units and delivery must be paired with another Escape trailer:

Click image for larger version

Name:	06D1E2FB-269F-4C2E-A63C-5DE6C1E55471.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	68184
Old 05-04-2023, 12:43 PM   #53

Quote:
This is taken from ETI’s website today (subject to change, obviously). Also, keep in mind, this is a limited time offer for free delivery of current inventory units and delivery must be paired with another Escape trailer:

Attachment 68184

Spaced out nicely. I'm picking mine up in Sumas from NC. Stopping at My Brother's in Wis. to put in the AC.
Old 05-04-2023, 02:18 PM   #54

Quote:
Spaced out nicely. I'm picking mine up in Sumas from NC. Stopping at My Brother's in Wis. to put in the AC.
Are you installing the RecPro Houghton Air Conditioner?

Remember you want to distribute weight when working on the roof. Consider using foam boards built up to match the shape of the hump topped by 1/4 inch plywood. Something I really need to build myself. I just used some extra 1 and 2 inch XPS boards I had left over from my insulating the bottom. But, sometime I'd like to have one premade for future work on the roof.
Old 05-04-2023, 03:00 PM   #55

Quote:
We picked up in Sumas too. Not quite the haul from NC, but a long drive from the Cincinnati area in June of last year. We originally planned to pick up from the delivery hub in Bozeman, but when delivery fees increased we opted for Sumas instead. Glad we got to do the whole Bob’s Burgers & Brew thing, a rite of passage in the Escape community.

(BTW, one of our favorite trips in our first season with our 21C was to your neck of the woods. We camped at Lake Powhatan State Park (a fantastic campground!), did the Biltmore tour (stunning!), and made multiple trips into downtown Asheville for the eclectic feel and incredible craft brewery scene. We love Asheville, and we hope to make it back again soon!)
Old 05-05-2023, 08:03 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
Are you installing the RecPro Houghton Air Conditioner?

Remember you want to distribute weight when working on the roof. Consider using foam boards built up to match the shape of the hump topped by 1/4 inch plywood. Something I really need to build myself. I just used some extra 1 and 2 inch XPS boards I had left over from my insulating the bottom. But, sometime I'd like to have one premade for future work on the roof.

Yes, on the Houghton. I have always had problems sleeping(was up all night Thurs Night(the full moon I saw last night told me why, does it too). So am going straight to the Houghton. Yes, on spreading your weight. Luckly I'm 127#, but my brother is not! Also doesn't know he's helping yet! He was in the trades too, like me. So we should be OK, With all the info here & on the Forum.
Old 05-05-2023, 08:07 AM   #57

Quote:
We picked up in Sumas too. Not quite the haul from NC, but a long drive from the Cincinnati area in June of last year. We originally planned to pick up from the delivery hub in Bozeman, but when delivery fees increased we opted for Sumas instead. Glad we got to do the whole Bob’s Burgers & Brew thing, a rite of passage in the Escape community.

(BTW, one of our favorite trips in our first season with our 21C was to your neck of the woods. We camped at Lake Powhatan State Park (a fantastic campground!), did the Biltmore tour (stunning!), and made multiple trips into downtown Asheville for the eclectic feel and incredible craft brewery scene. We love Asheville, and we hope to make it back again soon!)

Yes, there is quite a bit to do here. I haven't found the time yet to do much.
Old 05-05-2023, 08:45 AM   #58

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
The sky's the limit!!!

Quote:
Yes, there is quite a bit to do here. I haven't found the time yet to do much.
Hi: Chasing Trials... When doing any job... the hardest thing to find is the "Time". 2nd., is a "Sky hook"!!! Alf
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 08:50 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Chasing Trials... When doing any job... the hardest thing to find is the "Time". 2nd., is a "Sky hook"!!! Alf

Been hand building my last house...... everything leads to "OH, I have to still do this, & get way laid, etc. Training dogs, etc. also single, so tend to do visit things only when someone visits.
Old 05-05-2023, 04:19 PM   #60

Trailer: 2018 17A on order
I saw that ETI is willing to change the inventory trailers …I got an email about a 19 that will be upcoming with dual dinettes and was told it was a custom order that cancelled. I just read on a site for former and current employees of various companies that since the new owners took hold that all they care about is money and units are getting shoddy construction.
JetCityGirl is offline   Reply With Quote