No table option - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-10-2016, 06:18 PM   #21
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 9,516
So, maybe instead of installing the table on the back wall, install using one of the dinette cabinets... kinda like he's doing in the video?
__________________

__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 06:31 PM   #22
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 23,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
So, maybe instead of installing the table on the back wall, install using one of the dinette cabinets... kinda like he's doing in the video?
Yes, that is what the person in the Casita did, attached to front sofa seat base.
__________________

__________________
Jim
What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals....
Goethe
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 07:19 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Van., British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Posts: 6,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
So, maybe instead of installing the table on the back wall, install using one of the dinette cabinets... kinda like he's doing in the video?
There's a fairly major difference in the strength of the mounting area between a boat and a trailer.

The equivalent mounting point in the Escape is pretty flimsy by comparison. The Escape dinette seat is thin plywood and a few screws and staples. The boat seat is likely f.g. and bonded to the hull. The hull is likely 5 times thicker than an Escape shell.

When I started watching the video I had reservations about using that mount in that location. Glad to see ETI realizes that also. I think that the first time someone put some weight on the table as they were getting up bad things would happen.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 08:40 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 14,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
There's a fairly major difference in the strength of the mounting area between a boat and a trailer.

The equivalent mounting point in the Escape is pretty flimsy by comparison. The Escape dinette seat is thin plywood and a few screws and staples. The boat seat is likely f.g. and bonded to the hull. The hull is likely 5 times thicker than an Escape shell.

When I started watching the video I had reservations about using that mount in that location. Glad to see ETI realizes that also. I think that the first time someone put some weight on the table as they were getting up bad things would happen.

Ron
Chris Roberts mounted his table just like this with no issue I know of at all. All you have to do is supply support for the front of the dinette seat, using something like a plywood gusset, attached to the plywood floor and the bench wall (and not the shell), and it would work no problem. This type of work is something I just don't see Escape getting into though.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 08:50 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Kent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Bozeman, Montana
Trailer: 2018 5.0TA / 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax
Posts: 552
Wondering if Chris R can chime in on how his custom mount is holding up. He made custom table mount out of aluminum. I would want to mount the Lagun mount the same way with similiar sized table. I fully expect the panel where the mount goes will need reinforced. I did not expect ETI would do this and planed to install myself.

Been done at lease once don't see why it cannot be done again.

Just recently I saw on this forum, where someone commented about ETI not hinging the top step of 5.0TA due to it being structural component, but several have done it. You do the mod, you accept the risk.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chris R Custom mount 20151102d8e_1854.jpg (93.9 KB, 76 views)
__________________
2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax / 2018 5.0TA

"Live Life as if everything is rigged in your favor"
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 08:51 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Kent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Bozeman, Montana
Trailer: 2018 5.0TA / 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax
Posts: 552
Jim, you beat me to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Chris Roberts mounted his table just like this with no issue I know of at all. All you have to do is supply support for the front of the dinette seat, using something like a plywood gusset, attached to the plywood floor and the bench wall (and not the shell), and it would work no problem. This type of work is something I just don't see Escape getting into though.
__________________
2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax / 2018 5.0TA

"Live Life as if everything is rigged in your favor"
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:12 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Van., British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Posts: 6,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Chris Roberts mounted his table just like this with no issue I know of at all. All you have to do is supply support for the front of the dinette seat, using something like a plywood gusset, attached to the plywood floor and the bench wall (and not the shell), and it would work no problem. This type of work is something I just don't see Escape getting into though.
Absolutely, no problem adding structure to get the required strength. My comment relates to the video showing it attached to boat structure that is likely many times stronger than an Escape dinette seat. As long as folks don't take the installation shown in the video as all that's required, go to it.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:54 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 14,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Absolutely, no problem adding structure to get the required strength. My comment relates to the video showing it attached to boat structure that is likely many times stronger than an Escape dinette seat. As long as folks don't take the installation shown in the video as all that's required, go to it.

Ron
Ah, gotcha.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 10:25 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Victoria, Vancouver Island, British Columbia
Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Wondering if Chris R can chime in on how his custom mount is holding up. He made custom table mount out of aluminum. I would want to mount the Lagun mount the same way with similiar sized table. I fully expect the panel where the mount goes will need reinforced. I did not expect ETI would do this and planed to install myself.
What I did to strengthen the back of the dinette was to glue 3/4 inch plywood behind the 1/8 inch panel, tightly fitted to the framing. The existing 1/2 framing was well built, so carefully filling in with the plywood stiffened the whole back wall. There is also a plywood gusset in the middle attached to the seat structure and to the reinforced dinette wall. The load is daily well distributed across the back on to each side seat. I can not detect any movement when putting weight on the table. I suppose If I put my whole weight and twisted, something may give, but so far it is holding up well under normal use.
__________________
Chris
https://escape440.wordpress.com
Chris R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:41 AM   #30
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 23,402
Here is the link to the Scamp install...
Adding a front table to a Scamp using the Lagun Swiveling Cockpit Table Mounting Syst - Fiberglass RV
__________________
Jim
What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals....
Goethe
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:49 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
techfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Longview, WA, Washington
Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Yes, that is what the person in the Casita did, attached to front sofa seat base.
The Lagun table appears to now be standard in a T@B trailer which has a seat frame similar to Escape. Careful installation should make this support very workable. Will try to post a copied picture. Here is a link.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5021717/uploads...hl3v04yma9.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0028.JPG (157.7 KB, 27 views)
__________________
Tim and Julie
2013 Escape 15B
2014 Nissan Frontier, Previous 2012 Santa Fe
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:19 AM   #32
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Littleton, Colorado
Trailer: Escape 5.0TA (July 19, 2017)
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
What I did to strengthen the back of the dinette was to glue 3/4 inch plywood behind the 1/8 inch panel, tightly fitted to the framing. The existing 1/2 framing was well built, so carefully filling in with the plywood stiffened the whole back wall. There is also a plywood gusset in the middle attached to the seat structure and to the reinforced dinette wall. The load is daily well distributed across the back on to each side seat. I can not detect any movement when putting weight on the table. I suppose If I put my whole weight and twisted, something may give, but so far it is holding up well under normal use.
Thanks Chris and to all those who replied about my initial concern about the Lagun table mount voiced in an ETI email. I'm sure an adequate reinforcing of the bench back can be accomplished (similar to the above solution) so that this light weight pedestal and table system can be safely used (sure hope so, I've already purchased the Lagun pedestal!).
Thanks again for the great responses,
John
LatLongJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 06:43 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Kent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Bozeman, Montana
Trailer: 2018 5.0TA / 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax
Posts: 552
Jim, since you will be at ETI next week. Just wondering if you had it in mind to ask ETI if they would reinforce the rear base of u shape dinette?

Though I'm sure not that difficult to add after the trailer is home. Seems it would be easier and better if ETI did it during construction?

Will be impatiently waiting for your report of the new 2017 5.0TA!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Chris Roberts mounted his table just like this with no issue I know of at all. All you have to do is supply support for the front of the dinette seat, using something like a plywood gusset, attached to the plywood floor and the bench wall (and not the shell), and it would work no problem. This type of work is something I just don't see Escape getting into though.
__________________
2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax / 2018 5.0TA

"Live Life as if everything is rigged in your favor"
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 06:51 PM   #34
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 23,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Jim, since you will be at ETI next week. Just wondering if you had it in mind to ask ETI if they would reinforce the rear base of u shape dinette?

Though I'm sure not that difficult to add after the trailer is home. Seems it would be easier and better if ETI did it during construction?

Will be impatiently waiting for your report of the new 2017 5.0TA!
I'm not sure the rear base is adequate as you also need to brace the floor which was done in Chris's install as well as the Scamp's install. Remember Chris also installs a raised floor. You will have to tie that back panel to the floor panel so that the result is one solid unit. Again some customization will have to be done by the owner as Escape is on a schedule, so that option is always there later.
__________________
Jim
What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals....
Goethe
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 07:00 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 14,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Jim, since you will be at ETI next week. Just wondering if you had it in mind to ask ETI if they would reinforce the rear base of u shape dinette?

Though I'm sure not that difficult to add after the trailer is home. Seems it would be easier and better if ETI did it during construction?

Will be impatiently waiting for your report of the new 2017 5.0TA!
I will run it by Reace, though I already have quite the lest of things to discuss, as well as things to check out. I will have most of the day, with a couple hours to go pick up my stove and flooring to bring back.

I think the idea of metal L brackets might be a good one too, something the mount bolts through, and can be also well attached to the floor under the bench.

I sure hope the first 5.0 is mostly done by next Monday, but I bet it is.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 07:02 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Marry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Ponoka, Alberta
Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Posts: 1,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I will run it by Reace, though I already have quite the lest of things to discuss, as well as things to check out. I will have most of the day, with a couple hours to go pick up my stove and flooring to bring back.

I think the idea of metal L brackets might be a good one too, something the mount bolts through, and can be also well attached to the floor under the bench.

I sure hope the first 5.0 is mostly done by next Monday, but I bet it is.
List, Jim!!
__________________
"never lose hope, never lose faith"
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 07:30 PM   #37
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 23,402
The floor under the bench is your fresh tank.....
__________________
Jim
What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals....
Goethe
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 07:34 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 14,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
List, Jim!!
Oh, hush you. Stupid swipe typing on my phone.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:22 PM   #39
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Littleton, Colorado
Trailer: Escape 5.0TA (July 19, 2017)
Posts: 68
Lagun Table Base response by ETI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I will run it by Reace, though I already have quite the lest of things to discuss, as well as things to check out. I will have most of the day, with a couple hours to go pick up my stove and flooring to bring back.

I think the idea of metal L brackets might be a good one too, something the mount bolts through, and can be also well attached to the floor under the bench.

I sure hope the first 5.0 is mostly done by next Monday, but I bet it is.
Hi Jim - Please find below ETI's (Sarah Morelli) response to my inquiry regarding the use of the Lagun table pedestal. It looks like I'll need to do my own after market reinforcement and install for the Lagun pedestal. Maybe one day the Lagun or similar style table pedestal will be available from ETI - sure seems to be the way to go to save space and have a more open floor plan on these smaller trailers.
Enjoy your time at ETI. We all look forward to hearing about your visit there.
John
ETI email quote from Sarah: "I have spoken with the production manager regarding your selection for table base.
We have opted not to install this during production as we are unsure of the implications of doing so. We would be happy to not install our table in your trailer, allowing you to install the Lagun after market."
LatLongJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:32 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 14,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatLongJohn View Post
Hi Jim - Please find below ETI's (Sarah Morelli) response to my inquiry regarding the use of the Lagun table pedestal. It looks like I'll need to do my own after market reinforcement and install for the Lagun pedestal. Maybe one day the Lagun or similar style table pedestal will be available from ETI - sure seems to be the way to go to save space and have a more open floor plan on these smaller trailers.
Enjoy your time at ETI. We all look forward to hearing about your visit there.
John
ETI email quote from Sarah: "I have spoken with the production manager regarding your selection for table base.
We have opted not to install this during production as we are unsure of the implications of doing so. We would be happy to not install our table in your trailer, allowing you to install the Lagun after market."
I would have expected a response like this. They can't just start installing every option a customer wants.

I expect to do most of the custom work in my own trailer. All I would want from Escape is that whatever they do will streamline the process for me if at all possible.
__________________

__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×