Off-build sheet options - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-27-2017, 07:07 AM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
The unlisted options that Escape will do has changed a lot over time. Many things once offered, they are now not willing to do. Many offer too much room for error on the floor, and also take up valuable production time. Your trailer has a defined amount of time it can be on the production floor and they have to move on to the next unit to keep up with defined dates. Excessive or complicated mods can take too much time.

I know Reace told me NO a lot more than I wanted. I accepted that, and made the decision to either live with what I got, or to add it myself.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:54 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape #2 On The Way
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Neither of these are offered options, I think the question was referring to those options than can be installed?
To me, the most useful option and one of the cheapest is the "E-Z- Winterizing" option. You can wintertime your Escape single handedly in about 5 minutes an use the same set up to utilize the toilet after winterizing in extreme cold. Because of the ease of use you will be tempted to winterize several times and use your trailer more in the off seasons.
Is "E-Z winterizing" option different than the winterizing T valve already offered?

I can see how threads like this could cause a headache for ETI. Then again I would have never thought about toilet water shutoff.
Thanks for all the input. I'm feeling my current build sheet is rather complete now.
Bakes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:44 AM   #23

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk View Post
- delete range hood above the stove
- delete sink in the bathroom
- custom sized counter extensions
- install Horst Miracle probes on the black/gray water tanks
- reinforced walls for hanging heavy things [ask for a diagram of what walls they can reinforce]
- custom cushions sizes [you can add more gap around the cushions, but I think they're great the way they are]
- change belly band to white
- customer provided blinds
- customer supplied shower head [some people like the Body Spa Oxygenics shower head. I don't like it because I think it's too big for me]
- customer supplied sink and/or faucet
We were going to delete the range hood as I wanted to install one that didn't stick out. We eventually decided to go with their stock one.

I had asked about custom sized counter extensions and was told they didn't do that. The ones I got work fine. But I don't have any previous experience with them to compare.

Forgot about the probes and the belly band - both of which we got.

Reinforced walls aren't on the standard build sheet? Figured they were. But, yeah, we got 'em as well. On every wall that we could.

I was going to get custom sized cushions but it was too expensive on top of the fee they charge when you supply the fabric that you already purchased.

Wondering about the blinds you mention though. Are they the exact same as what ETI already installs but darker? When I discussed with them about the cellular shades we wanted, I was told they would not install them. Not that I expected them to anyway, so that wasn't a problem.

I have a showerhead from EcoCamel that I really like. Doesn't have a bazillion different types of water flow, but that's okay. I've never compared it to the ones that others mention, but mine doesn't seem too big for the space and it's not heavy. But not so light as to feel cheap. It has a shut off slider on it. We have the same brand in our house shower.

I didn't mention our sink as they won't install it any longer, but yeah, others have provided their own sink and faucet. Although maybe less since they now use the stainless on both (instead of the previous stark white) and the faucet has a lever on it instead of two handles. We don't like stainless, so we were willing to provide our own.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:46 AM   #24

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddoster View Post
just FYI - when we signed off our build sheet in May they no longer offer credit for the "no graphics" option. (We still choose to do so anyway)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Ha ha- next there will be a charge to delete!
Well, bummer on that. We got a $100 credit for deleting them. Wonder why they stopped doing that.

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:34 AM   #25

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Neither of these are offered options, I think the question was referring to those options than can be installed?
To me, the most useful option and one of the cheapest is the "E-Z- Winterizing" option. You can wintertime your Escape single handedly in about 5 minutes an use the same set up to utilize the toilet after winterizing in extreme cold. Because of the ease of use you will be tempted to winterize several times and use your trailer more in the off seasons.
Right. What I meant to suggest is that I wish Escape did offer those options. We have successfully used air pressure only in our 17 B to winterize without damage to the systems. Takes about 8 minutes or so. Not sure the strategy will be as effective with larger systems.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:51 AM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 'Irvy'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes99 View Post
Is "E-Z winterizing" option different than the winterizing T valve already offered?

I can see how threads like this could cause a headache for ETI. Then again I would have never thought about toilet water shutoff.
Thanks for all the input. I'm feeling my current build sheet is rather complete now.
Hi Everyone,

Our build sheet is complete and now we're reading about ez winterizing and toilet water shutoff, what the what!!! Is toilet shut off a must have and why? How about ez winterizing

Thanks
ISeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:10 PM   #27

Quote:
Hey all
Hoping to get some ideas on options that you have included on the build sheet that are not listed on the standard build sheet. For example toilet water shut off valve, enclosing upper cabinets that are typically open, larger gauge wiring, etc.

Don't want to kick myself for not adding something later. I know some things can be added after the fact, but thinking it would be easier to get done during the initial build. Apologies if this has been covered
Thanks
Hi Bakes99,
We added the 'rear o/h cabinet to be 36" wide with one door (allowing better access to the full length of cabinet) $150.00 & moved bathroom door up (no gap on top) n/c'.
So many choices
Our need for a basic rv has now turned into deluxe rving......we're out of control
Old 06-27-2017, 12:47 PM   #28

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Not sure whether toilet shut off is available for 19. If so for $25 get it. If toilet leaks you can isolate it. Also good for when using wand down the black tank.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:51 PM   #29

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The toilet shut off valve isolates the toilet in case of a leak. That way you can still use the rest of the trailer if the toilet leaks, which some do if they are not winterized properly. The Ez-Winerization is just that. No low point drains, no air pressure, just bypass your water heater, insert the bypass tube into a gal of rv antifreeze and turn on each sink, hot and cold, until the pink stuff comes out each spigot. The on board pump pulls the antifreeze thru your lines to each sink. Do not forget your outside shower and flush the toilet. Once done your lines are winterized, your toilet is winterized and you have poured some antifreeze already into your sink's p traps. Pour some more antifreeze into your shower drain, release the pressure on your fresh water hook up and you are winterized. If you want to use the camper in the winter you do not need to dewinterize nor worry about the lines freezing and if you need to use the toilet you can either pour some antifreeze to flush the contents or hook it up to your Ez-winertizing tube, turn on the pump and it is automatic when you flush.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:20 PM   #30

Thanks Jim & Rossue,
We're adding the toilet shut off value (glad we read this thread)... We've already ordered the winterizing T valve, is this the same as the ez winterizing?
Again, thanks for the reasoning and the instructions of how to
Old 06-27-2017, 01:47 PM   #31

EZ Winterization

I'm confused as to what this is that some are posting about. Is it a kit like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-65501-Y...interizing+kit

Or something else? Something installed on the trailer during the build process? Or just something you're doing on your own?

Sounds like I'm not the only one confused by this.

Thanks
Old 06-27-2017, 01:50 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISeyes View Post
Thanks Jim & Rossue,
We're adding the toilet shut off value (glad we read this thread)... We've already ordered the winterizing T valve, is this the same as the ez winterizing?
Yes...
Old 06-27-2017, 01:51 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post

I'm confused as to what this is that some are posting about. Is it a kit like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-65501-Y...interizing+kit

Or something else? Something installed on the trailer during the build process? Or just something you're doing on your own?

Sounds like I'm not the only one confused by this.

Thanks
Here is a add on kit for those that did not get it installed during the build.https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-P235...interizing+kit
Old 06-27-2017, 02:20 PM   #34

Quote:
Thanks Jim & Rossue,
Have a feeling they will have to order a boat load of toilet shutoff valves for install after this thread is done. Lol.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:20 PM   #35

So, if you have the winterizing t-valve then you don't need the add-on pump thingie you gave the link for from Amazon?

We didn't winterize the trailer this past winter, so I know I'm gonna have to figure it all out this coming winter. Not looking forward to it.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:22 PM   #36

Quote:
Have a feeling they will have to order a boat load of toilet shutoff valves for install after this thread is done. Lol.
Considering how helpful this item is, I'm surprised it's not on the standard build sheet. Maybe it is. Dunno. Someone looking at a current build sheet offerings would be able to answer that.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:24 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Considering how helpful this item is, I'm surprised it's not on the standard build sheet. Maybe it is. Dunno. Someone looking at a current build sheet offerings would be able to answer that.
It's not for the 19, but can be added for minimal cost. Sounds like a no-brainer.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:25 PM   #38

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Hi Everyone, Our build sheet is complete and now we're reading about ez winterizing and toilet water shutoff, what the what!!! Is toilet shut off a must have and why? How about ez winterizing Thanks
As added to our 2017 21', the "Winterizing T-Valve" ($35 CAD when we ordered) is a valve on the input side of the water pump with a long hose. Place the hose down inside a jug of RV antifreeze, turn the valve, and it lets you simply suck the pink RV antifreeze out of the jug to circulate throughout the RV's water system. Adding an outside hatch to the rear driver's side gives easy access to this (and all the electronics back there). The "Toilet Shut-Off Valve" ($25 CAD) lets you shut off water to the toilet only, so that if you have a toilet problem, or just need to work on it, you can shut off water to the toilet only and keep using water throughout the rest of the camper.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC09447.jpg   DSC09449.jpg  
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:42 PM   #39

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
For what it's worth, in the 2017 21', there is plenty of space around the 12V water pump to add a descent sized accumulator to reduce cycling stress on the 12V water pump. I know some have made that mod on previous Escape models where it was tight quarters and a real pain, but it would be really easy on the 2017 21'. We may do that some time in the future, too, if/when we start doing more boon-docking.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:18 PM   #40

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Had a 2 gallon in my last trailer, used to be able to go all night without having the pump run with the 2 gallon. Biggest I could put in the 5.0TA with the hot water heater next to the pump, is a 1/2 gallon. The 2 gallon was much nicer.

http://https://www.rvwaterfilterstor...ch=accumulator