Ordered but don't need - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2015, 12:56 PM   #61

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
That should be it exactly Jane.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 12:59 PM   #62

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Hi Jane I believe it also involves and extra power outlet and cable connection plate at the TV location and cable up to where the roof antenna is normally mounted. I think that is what I was told at ETI awhile ago but things chance and people forget.

Cheers
Doug
Old 03-21-2015, 01:14 PM   #63

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Its been forever since I touched satellite TV, but doesn't it ultimately "come down a normal cable cord" to the box? If true, one could disconnect dish, use female-female coupler and tie into the current bush cable TV? Might have to bypass the 'box too...

Of course, that would involve getting up to the roof to look.

ymmv
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 01:56 PM   #64

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Through the window works, but the bug screen is compromised. I drilled a hole in the floor inside my dinette locker. I use it for all sorts of things, all the extra wiring I've added as well as the route for coax cable if I want to hook up my external OTA antenna or plug into a campground cable.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 12:28 AM   #65

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21 - Audi Q7
I decided not to get a removable power cord hoping that the power cord opening could be used as a way to get coax or antenna wire into the trailer without having to go the window route if I am ever overcome by the need to connect. Maybe that will work.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:32 AM   #66

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Wish I had thought of that. Might not ever do it, but I wish I had thought of it.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:30 AM   #67

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
You're right Jane, we could just run a wire through the window but were worried about bugs, etc. We have a service tech coming out next week to look at the furnace (which decided, after four uses, it doesn't want to work) and we're going to have him look at what it would take to hook up an outlet. We shall see as I'm not inclined to do too much since I'm not the one that wanted TV in the first place ....
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:14 PM   #68

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Just pits.
Aha, the pits! I have used a metal cleaner called PEEK to remove mild surface corrosion and protect my aluminum roof rack on my truck. I guess it depends on the depth of the pits. I have hopes that this will do the same magic with the Escape aluminum alloy wheels.
We first saw this at Costco (no longer) and later started ordering it in a large can from Home Hardware in Canada. I believe the can was $45, but well worth it to me.

Time will tell if the aluminum wheels are easier than the painted ones. The rock chips from gravel roads exacerbate the problem.

Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 05:32 PM   #69

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Thanks all! I'm not the one who wants a TV so I'm happy, but... Well, you know (or can guess) the rest... 😄.
JaneM. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:32 PM   #70

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
The thing that will ruin aluminum rims is salt, not much of a problem with a trailer. I ordered the aluminum rims as well, hate looking at flaking paint on rims.
Slickheadhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:06 PM   #71

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by kands View Post
I decided not to get a removable power cord hoping that the power cord opening could be used as a way to get coax or antenna wire into the trailer without having to go the window route if I am ever overcome by the need to connect. Maybe that will work.
I do this. It works fine.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 12:08 AM   #72

Trailer: 2014 15B Escape Trailer
Storage Box suggestions

I didn't order the storage box for our 15B and regret it. Now to have it delivered would cost @ $1600 USD versus $700 if ordered when built. I'm contemplating picking it up at ETI since we want to visit Crater Lake, OR and perhaps explore BC in the fall. Question: Does anyone know of a comparable storage box? I haven't been able to find one that fits our needs, much less looks as good as the box ETI offers. Any suggestions, greatly appreciated. - Jen
California Dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 12:18 AM   #73

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Saw a storage box that looked nice but the price was comparable and the problem was that it went on the back --- and all of the weight with it. You can find a box to go on the front but it will probably not be as big and will not match. And will not run across the width as the Escape one does, which keeps rocks from hitting the front. The box is treated for rocks.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 04:15 AM   #74

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Myron made a real nice one, check his out, http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...19-a-2883.html
Old 03-24-2015, 04:22 AM   #75

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by kands View Post
I didn't have the choice when I ordered my Scamp, and I did run a wire for a WiFi antenna through the power cord opening, commonly called the "mouse hole." Turns out that when in storage and plugged in, even with plastic grocery bags stuffed around the cord, the mouse hole became an ant hole. No food in the trailer, but I got an infestation that was very difficult to eliminate. Finally had to set off a "bomb" inside the trailer. So I ordered the detachable cord. If I didn't have TV ready, I would find a way to install a coax fitting through the wall.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:28 AM   #76

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
If I didn't have TV ready, I would find a way to install a coax fitting through the wall.
It is really quite simple to install one, a little drill hole, some butyl and tighten, I have installed several through both fiberglass and aluminum and filon walls.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:59 AM   #77

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen & Angie View Post
I didn't order the storage box for our 15B and regret it. Now to have it delivered would cost @ $1600 USD versus $700 if ordered when built. I'm contemplating picking it up at ETI since we want to visit Crater Lake, OR and perhaps explore BC in the fall. Question: Does anyone know of a comparable storage box? I haven't been able to find one that fits our needs, much less looks as good as the box ETI offers. Any suggestions, greatly appreciated. - Jen
Hi Jen

We were in the same boat, we got our 19 before Reace had come out with the box and once we saw one we knew we had to have it. Our solution was to plan a holiday and make a detour to ETI and have one installed, best thing we ever did.

Cheers
Doug
Old 03-24-2015, 09:24 AM   #78

Trailer: Escape 19, 2018: Last Best Escape
Quote:
I picked this box up for our former 17B. I liked it because it fit between the propane tanks and the body of the trailer. It was roomy enough to store the Lego blocks and our miscellaneous sewer connections. I think I picked it up that Home Depot, although it may have been Lowe's.

FYI, the nicer polyethylene or polymer trailer tongue storage boxes do not fit between the trailer and the propane tank cover. I tried to figure out a way to no avail, at about 2 inches too big, front to back.

Klaus
Attached Thumbnails
15099720142_7a9fabed76_z.jpg  

Honda Pilot 2019
ksitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 11:36 AM   #79

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Maybe some nice Escaper would bring it down for you in the back of their pickup? You're not going to find anything aftermarket that comes close IMO. Having had those leatherette front snap-on guards on a 17, I will tell you the protection the ETI box offers is far superior.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:52 PM   #80

Trailer: 2014 15B Escape Trailer
Thanks to all for the kind, thoughtful responses. Klaus, I may check out your suggestion as a temporary solution but as many suggested it seems the trip to ETI is warranted. We traveled to Chiliwack mid November last year and found the area incredibly beautiful. Picking up the storage box makes a great "excuse" to explore BC some more.
California Dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote