Prewire for Solar with Roofmount MC4 Connect $200 - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2021, 05:12 PM   #61

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
And don’t be afraid of hole in roof , there are so many great sealants and no one will see anyway . Believe I am anal but gave up a long time worrying about that. There are so many things most of us have to redo or make better anyway. On the roof my hole for solar is the cover plate Tom showed you . You have vents and all kinds of things on your roof . Pat
That's easy for you to say! I sweat bullets each time I have to make a hole in the fiberglass. Measure, measure again - go up to cut the hole. Oh well, I think I'll check the location one more time.

It's tough when you get up there and you see all that white fiberglass across the roof to keep in mind it's just one hole.
Old 01-01-2021, 05:42 PM   #62

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
That's easy for you to say! I sweat bullets each time I have to make a hole in the fiberglass. Measure, measure again - go up to cut the hole. Oh well, I think I'll check the location one more time.

It's tough when you get up there and you see all that white fiberglass across the roof to keep in mind it's just one hole.
Yup Tom measure twice and cut once or measure again and again !That’s what I do too but if need be I do it now ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 05:47 PM   #63

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post

I’ve drilled so many holes in boats, that when I have to drill in an RV, I figure it can never be too bad. I’m sure one day that will get me!
Old 01-01-2021, 05:54 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
Is there a link that describes getting past the ply, or would you describe how you did it?
Just went through all those threads I told you about I need to look again for you . Not there . I might try fan install . The older trailers didn’t have the power fan just a 9 in opening vent . Then Escape made a kit a lot of us did . So besides coving up a square hole to a smaller round hole and getting 12 volt power .... I picked up
My power from the bath light but getting over to opening , even using a wire tap , couldn’t get it over , something with the ply was in the way so I sort of bypassed on the shower surface and made some coverings . When I was free and clear the wire goes over the top of the shower insert to fan . I’ll still try to find the thread for you . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
34AF01EC-DB70-4F43-A481-CC6C7B024E6C.jpg   B0062751-A5DE-4EFA-9812-215F5BFF2FB8a.jpg  
Old 01-01-2021, 05:57 PM   #65

Quote:
Just went through all those threads I told you about I need to look again for you . Not there . I might try fan install . The older trailers didn’t have the power fan just a 9 in opening vent . Then Escape made a kit a lot of us did . So besides coving up a square hole to a smaller round hole and getting 12 volt power .... I picked up
My power from the bath light but getting over to opening , even using a wire tap , couldn’t get it over , something with the ply was in the way so I sort of bypassed on the shower surface and made some coverings . When I was free and clear the wire goes over the top of the shower insert to fan . I’ll still try to find the thread for you . Pat
Sorry Randy one photo is sideways Pat

On edit: Fixed - Donna D.
Old 01-01-2021, 07:24 PM   #66

Pat and Linda, I too went through the whole thread. Making a teak “conduit” could certainly be done. Thanks. I’ll obviously know more once I get my Escape 19, but I have some ideas that might want me trying to get wring through the shower. We’ll see.
Old 01-01-2021, 07:42 PM   #67

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Pat: Is it this one?
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post187582
Old 01-01-2021, 07:54 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Dave that is it ! Thankyou ! Pat
Old 01-01-2021, 07:58 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
Pat and Linda, I too went through the whole thread. Making a teak “conduit” could certainly be done. Thanks. I’ll obviously know more once I get my Escape 19, but I have some ideas that might want me trying to get wring through the shower. We’ll see.
Randy Dave found what I was looking for ! Find out how they add ply now , mine was back in 2013 and I took Reace by surprise because he sounded like he never had that request before and needed to price it. The company if you want the ply may be doing it a lot different now and you may have no problem like I did or if not there no problem at all . There is a little space around the shower insert including the top . Pat
Old 01-01-2021, 08:12 PM   #70

Thanks. That is great work and info. I bookmarked that page. There well are likely differences since 2013.
Old 01-02-2021, 08:49 AM   #71

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I made a link to a page showing adding a power bathroom vent to a 2011 17 on my Escape 17 Modifications page..
Old 01-02-2021, 12:09 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I made a link to a page showing adding a power bathroom vent to a 2011 17 on my Escape 17 Modifications page..
Morning Jon . I think it really doesn’t matter in the long run because so many variables on how our trailers were built . If the ply isn’t installed or not and how was it installed ?
I thank Dave for finding what he did for me . Probably have more info on the computer. Just didn’t link and put all this together like you do ! Great resources from your links !
I still work and have a lot on my plate most of the time that a lot of this is all over the place and lacking focus for me . Truthfully I don’t have the time or will to straighten it all out . But my garage , office , trailer , vehicles, yards and upkeep are all taken care of .
Pat
Old 01-02-2021, 12:45 PM   #73

Jon that is a nice link, and thanks Pat. As I mentioned, I bookmarked that and have several ideas now on how to get wiring across the shower should I need to. We’ll see what I find when I get my 2021 or 22 E19. I’m sure I have enough to figure something out without having to start from scratch. Pat’s layout is closer to what mine will be as far as cabinetry since I’m getting a 19. The forum is really very helpful with Dave jumping in to find and link the work as well as Jon linking his blog.
Old 01-02-2021, 04:20 PM   #74

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
Yesterday, I ordered a 120W flexible panel from Lensun, along with some cable, connectors, and a crimp tool. Also ordered a 30A Epever MPPT controller off Amazon. Looking to follow the Bennett bros lead using VHB tape to mount the panel and utilize the solar pre-wire I ordered on my 21NE. Got a couple of months to figure out where the wires under my dinette bench are and get the controller mounted before the weather gets warm enough to tape down the panel.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 05:22 PM   #75

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0
Anyone know if that Lensun 120W will fit on the 5.0 TA? I think the dimensions are 41.7" x 27.4". I figure the 5.0 available roof area at the rear is about 42" x 36".
TKscape is offline   Reply With Quote