Pros/cons of Springfield pedestal - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2020, 07:54 AM   #41

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
I bought it just for stability, I only lower mine to check the batteries.
Same for me on the stability issue, but also for the ability to rotate it. I have only lowered it once, immediately after installation, to see how well it worked.

I have never found a need for the Dicor slider. I can rotate and slide it anywhere I want to and if I remove the “stop” screw on the ETI plastic slide mechanism, I can turn the table 90° and slide the table top completely off if I need to do major work inside of any of the benches.
Old 06-20-2020, 08:27 AM   #42

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I started out with the Springfield, and liked the stability, but it didn't allow getting the table enough out of the way for battery checks & work under the dinette seats. I also found that when standing in front of the side seats & turning around to get into the upper cabinets, the table got in the way. Switching to the Lagun mount solved both problems.
Old 06-20-2020, 08:43 AM   #43

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I started out with the Springfield, and liked the stability, but it didn't allow getting the table enough out of the way for battery checks & work under the dinette seats. I also found that when standing in front of the side seats & turning around to get into the upper cabinets, the table got in the way. Switching to the Lagun mount solved both problems.
Lowering it provides a great access to working in the dinette seats. Even great for a nap afterwards.

When we slide the table top over we can stand beside the table and access the upper cabinets quite well.

I do like the way the Lagun works and seriously thought about it, but the couple I saw with a full sized table, a must for us, were too wobbly, even though they beefed up the support wall.

But, different strokes for different folks is always happening, and is a good thing for developing ideas.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 10:42 AM   #44

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
I bought it just for stability, I only lower mine to check the batteries.
Stability and foot room. Never lowered mine since installation.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 02:27 PM   #45

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I do like the way the Lagun works and seriously thought about it, but the couple I saw with a full sized table, a must for us, were too wobbly, even though they beefed up the support wall.
Our Lagun is very versatile, rotates, is sturdy and no post on the floor. It is probably our #1 mod.

I used an aluminum L bracing across the rear bench and filled in the area where the mount attaches to the back bench with plywood. I did not find it necessary to run any bracing from the back bench wall to the floor area and decided to do that later if necessary. I found it was not needed (IMHO). The attachment to the bench is very sturdy this way, with the weakest point being where the table itself mounts onto the Lagun (adding the aluminum plate has minimized that mounting substantially and I think you'd need to put an extreme amount of weight on the outside edge of the table to pull the screws out now).
Attached Thumbnails
1 Colleen working in SS.jpg   2 LagunRotateRt 4 IMG_20200104_164706.jpg   3Lagun 6IMG_20200104_163729.jpg   4Lagun Rotated.jpg   5Lagun1 with Aluminum Plate.jpg  

6 Table removed  IMG_20200512_112848.jpg  
Old 06-20-2020, 05:30 PM   #46

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
That was my concern as well. We went with the Springfield pedestal.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 05:46 PM   #47

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
That was my concern as well. We went with the Springfield pedestal.
That boils down to how well you reinforce the front seat wall. Mine is as sturdy as the original 2 pole version, and very close to the Springfield. I have a much heavier table on mine - if I kept the original Escape table it would be as sturdy as the Springfield.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:39 PM   #48

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I think it is a function of table size, the smaller "U" table should work with the lagun mount but the full sized may need the springfield mount.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:30 PM   #49

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
That boils down to how well you reinforce the front seat wall. Mine is as sturdy as the original 2 pole version, and very close to the Springfield. I have a much heavier table on mine - if I kept the original Escape table it would be as sturdy as the Springfield.
I don't have a U-shaped dinette, so It would be more complicated to reinforce it as far as I could tell.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 08:36 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
Our Lagun is very versatile, rotates, is sturdy and no post on the floor. It is probably our #1 mod.

I used an aluminum L bracing across the rear bench and filled in the area where the mount attaches to the back bench with plywood. I did not find it necessary to run any bracing from the back bench wall to the floor area and decided to do that later if necessary. I found it was not needed (IMHO). The attachment to the bench is very sturdy this way, with the weakest point being where the table itself mounts onto the Lagun (adding the aluminum plate has minimized that mounting substantially and I think you'd need to put an extreme amount of weight on the outside edge of the table to pull the screws out now).
Thanks for the description of your installation process. It seems quite good. Your range of motion of the table top seems to be very similar to my Springfield and Dicor combo. It would be great to see it in person some day.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-21-2020, 08:58 AM   #51

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Thanks for the description of your installation process. It seems quite good. Your range of motion of the table top seems to be very similar to my Springfield and Dicor combo. It would be great to see it in person some day.
Our plans this year were for Osoyoos, hopefully next year works out.
Old 06-21-2020, 03:53 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
Our plans this year were for Osoyoos, hopefully next year works out.
Let's hope so.