Q’s about 21’ build/options for table, window, bed - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2019, 10:48 AM   #21

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Recently i found a page that talked about making the seating into a love seat. I work at a place that i grabbed in cabinet door.15" wide and cut it 34 3/4" long or so and took the two side cushions for the u shaped dinette and put two bed reader pillows in each corner. Just like the web page and it is awesome! Our 21 has a pop up counter on each side, and i am not sure if will ever use the dining table again
stpax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 11:01 AM   #22

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpax View Post
Recently i found a page that talked about making the seating into a love seat. I work at a place that i grabbed in cabinet door.15" wide and cut it 34 3/4" long or so and took the two side cushions for the u shaped dinette and put two bed reader pillows in each corner. Just like the web page and it is awesome! Our 21 has a pop up counter on each side, and i am not sure if will ever use the dining table again
Could you post that page? Any photos of your setup? Thanks!
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 11:17 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Here are mine from this thread http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...k-3134-23.html
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2019, 12:38 PM   #24

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I've had the standard post on my 17, started with the Springfield in my 21, and currently have the Lagun mount. By far prefer the Lagun. You can spin the table top all the way to one side or the other, or completely remove it along with the vertical support. I have a couple of photos of the table & installation on my Escape 21 Modifications page. Scroll down to the photos...

I don't believe Escape will install it, and you do need to do some reinforcing of the "U" shaped dinette front face. I ordered one of the folding tabletops from Marine Teak.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:10 PM   #25

Lightbulb Cpa’s Mods

Jim,
That’s a great dinette/lounge set up too! Would you mind sharing your instructions for that adjustment? Do you know if ETI has instructions on these types of changes that need to be made to convert the dinette into a lounge- type sofa?

Also, in another post, you mentioned having them cut one of the cushions in half. Which cushions were these, and why?

Scrolling through more of your mods, I saw the original towel rack on the reinforced wall.

Did you have the wall reinforced between the bathroom and bed on your newest Escape?
Or did you just attach the towel rack spanning the wall across to the end studs? Or perhaps there is a stud in the middle of this wall?
I guess what I’m asking is, do we need to have that wall reinforced, or can we just find the studs?

What would we need to ask ETI to pre-wire in order for us to install those extra tail lights above? Or will they just install the lights up there if we ask?

Since this is a different layout and floor plan for us, (as well as it’s been been quite a while since we’ve looked at the Escape and the forum ), are there any other mods for the building process that we should look into?
Since our time to create a build sheet is quite short, we need any new information or useful modifications out there asap!
Thanks so much!
Old 09-23-2019, 04:13 PM   #26

Jon, Thanks for your post and information. I’ll check out your mods on the 21. I’m trying to find anything useful or unique for our build. I only have a couple of weeks to accomplish this. So anything you can suggest, especially those items not offered on the build sheet would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers!
Old 09-23-2019, 04:14 PM   #27

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Artlady;308059]Hi! We are still researching options on the 21‘. I have a question about the U-shaped dinette and what table is best.

This probably has been asked about somewhere, but after spending several hours, I can’t find answers. Maybe someone can help?

1. What kind of table is best to accommodate the U-shaped dinette? But the second part of this table has to do with accessibility.

What kind of table gives the most and easiest access in and out of the dinette seats?

We had a Springfield table in the 19 and liked it, except for the fat pedestal that seemed to get in the way of our feet.

So, what are the best options for us?

2. Second question is probably silly, but we don’t have definite understanding of the window situation on the driver’s side, especially by the bed.

Is there a window located here, or is that an option? If it’s located here as “standard”, what does it mean to get an extra window on this side? Where is it located?

3. Third, has anyone tried to make a seat, sofa, or “daybed” out of the bed during the day? If so, would you mind sharing the configuration and what kind of materials you used?

I’d appreciate any advice and input. Thanking you in advance! [/QUOTE]
stpax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 05:42 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artlady View Post
Jim,
That’s a great dinette/lounge set up too! Would you mind sharing your instructions for that adjustment? Do you know if ETI has instructions on these types of changes that need to be made to convert the dinette into a lounge- type sofa?

Also, in another post, you mentioned having them cut one of the cushions in half. Which cushions were these, and why?

Scrolling through more of your mods, I saw the original towel rack on the reinforced wall.

Did you have the wall reinforced between the bathroom and bed on your newest Escape?
Or did you just attach the towel rack spanning the wall across to the end studs? Or perhaps there is a stud in the middle of this wall?
I guess what I’m asking is, do we need to have that wall reinforced, or can we just find the studs?

What would we need to ask ETI to pre-wire in order for us to install those extra tail lights above? Or will they just install the lights up there if we ask?

Since this is a different layout and floor plan for us, (as well as it’s been been quite a while since we’ve looked at the Escape and the forum ), are there any other mods for the building process that we should look into?
Since our time to create a build sheet is quite short, we need any new information or useful modifications out there asap!
Thanks so much!
Yes I had the wall reinforced, both 2014 and 2019 between bath and bed and teak towel racks are up in both. The rear cushion in the "U" is really cumbersome, have them cut it in half, both the horizontal and vertical rear cushions. For the lounge all you need are 2 pieces 1x2 cut to span the width and place the corner cushions down on top. Sofa or twin sized bed.
Old 10-29-2019, 02:33 PM   #29

Trailer: Looking for RV
Do you think three children could comfortably sleep in the dinette the way you have it arranged?
bpowell487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 03:25 PM   #30

If you mean me, I see no reason why not, 1 each on the sides and one in the middle along the rear.....
Old 10-29-2019, 03:34 PM   #31

Trailer: Looking for RV
Your reply is certainly helpful and appreciated!! However, I was more so asking regarding the table modification with additional cushions.

I like the layout of the current 21’ vs the new LE version but sleeping my children comfortably is of greater importance.
bpowell487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:31 PM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I haven't checked lately to see if it is now a listed option, but replacing the table top on the drawer stack next to the microwave cabinet with an additional "closet" is very helpful if you need additional storage. I had a pair of shelves added to both the cabinet under the microwave & the additional cabinet.

If you do the oven, replacing the stove cover with a Camco cutting board top gives you lots of additional counter space.