Question for 19 owners - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2016, 10:32 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA Oct 2019;current Escape 19 2017
Question for 19 owners

Working on our build sheet and have a question regarding placement of the expandable wall mount TV arm...

If it is mounted on the side panel by the refrigerator, can it be seen from both sides of the dinette? (Since the bathroom extends out, does it block the view?)

Ideally, we'd like the option of watching TV from the bed OR from both sides of the dinette.

Thoughts?
dmdunca44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:36 AM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
You can't see the TV from both sides of the dinette when mounted on the bed refrigerator wall. However, we have the U-dinette and don't use the table much so it is a lounge with the filler board. This allows both to sit on the passenger side and center of the U and see the TV fine from the dinette end. If you have the standard dinette you won't be able to see the TV from the drivers side.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
You can't see the TV from both sides of the dinette when mounted on the bed refrigerator wall. However, we have the U-dinette and don't use the table much so it is a lounge with the filler board. This allows both to sit on the passenger side and center of the U and see the TV fine from the dinette end. If you have the standard dinette you won't be able to see the TV from the drivers side.
Hmm. That is useful - thank you. It seems that our option then is to either go with the U shape dinette (and lose table space) OR move the TV arm to the other side (on the stove side) and sleep with heads by refrigerator.... Wondering how noisy the refrigerator is?
Old 10-31-2016, 11:03 AM   #4

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
I also find that with the tv arm mounted on the bulkhead between the fridge and rear bed, you can only see the tv from the curb side of the front dinette. However, for me I also find that with my relatively small 19" tv, I prefer to watch the screen from much closer than I could from the dinette. Thus, when using the tv, we always watch while lounging on the rear bed. If I was wanting to watch my small 19" tv from the front dinette, I would get a second tv arm mount and locate it on the bathroom wall facing the dinette. Thus, we could then swap the tv location depending on where we wanted to sit. For the front dinette location, we would require a second 12V outlet in the overhead bin next to the bathroom wall.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:16 AM   #5

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdunca44 View Post
Hmm. That is useful - thank you. It seems that our option then is to either go with the U shape dinette (and lose table space) OR move the TV arm to the other side (on the stove side) and sleep with heads by refrigerator.... Wondering how noisy the refrigerator is?
No difference at all for noise of the refrigerator.
We have slept both ways, and prefer sleeping with heads by refrigerator. Reason: easier to get out of bed for the person up against the wall. Crawling over legs instead of body. And when lucky, a pair of legs pulled up.
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:18 AM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
I also find that with the tv arm mounted on the bulkhead between the fridge and rear bed, you can only see the tv from the curb side of the front dinette. However, for me I also find that with my relatively small 19" tv, I prefer to watch the screen from much closer than I could from the dinette. Thus, when using the tv, we always watch while lounging on the rear bed. If I was wanting to watch my small 19" tv from the front dinette, I would get a second tv arm mount and locate it on the bathroom wall facing the dinette. Thus, we could then swap the tv location depending on where we wanted to sit. For the front dinette location, we would require a second 12V outlet in the overhead bin next to the bathroom wall.
I am trying to figure out a location for TV in the 5.0, and am thinking maybe putting two in like Dave suggests. This arm is good for our 24" TV, and comes with two bases. I like that the arm is removable, and can be stowed with the TV.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:18 AM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Hmm.
Wondering how noisy the refrigerator is?
The fridge makes noise? Seriously, we sleep with our heads on that side and fridge noise or lack of, isn't an issue.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:20 AM   #8

Quote:
As Marry alluded to, the noise from the fridge is negligible. It would be weird to sleep the other way (though some do) with your head towards the door. ;P
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-31-2016, 11:29 AM   #9

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
That's right....fridge makes no noise. The furnace, however, is a different story, though there's absolutely no escaping that. I can't imagine ever wanting to watch tv while sitting at the dinette. So much more comfortable when on the bed in the prone.
Attached Thumbnails
TvBen.jpg  
Old 10-31-2016, 11:40 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
That's right....fridge makes no noise. The furnace, however, is a different story, though there's absolutely no escaping that. I can't imagine ever wanting to watch tv while sitting at the dinette. So much more comfortable when on the bed in the prone.
Whereas for us, the primary location would definitely be the dinette, and a secondary spot by the bed if we do one. Nice to have a coffee table while watching for all your goodies. We literally just had this conversation two days ago to confirm things for our build.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:48 AM   #11

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
. It would be weird to sleep the other way (though some do) with your head towards the door. ;P
The Alberta thing: being different from the rest (at least here in Canada)!!!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:48 AM   #12

Some very helpful responses - thank you so much!! I did find a thread on the TV mount and am coming up with the idea of a removable mount. With a secondary mount on the side of the bathroom. So we could move the TV (easily) between two locations. (I realize we'd need to have a secondary cable/power there).

We like to eat popcorn & drink wine while watching movies.. so most of the time would be at the dinette.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:55 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
The Alberta thing: being different from the rest (at least here in Canada)!!!

Quote:
We like to eat popcorn & drink wine while watching movies.. so most of the time would be at the dinette.

Old 10-31-2016, 11:56 AM   #14

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I had the tv mounted on the bath wall in my 19 and with it swung out, both dinette sides can view it. In my 21 with it mounted on the refer wall with a "U" dinette, again you had to swing it out in the aisle for both sides to view. With it swung into the corner, the closer person has a harder time.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:52 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19'
I have the TV arm in the normal placement next to the fridge, and had a second coax and 12V outlet installed on the sink end of the kitchen counter - under the flip up counter extension. I can set up the TV (no arm) on the counter extension, for evening viewing from the dinette.
KirkB is offline   Reply With Quote