Questions when ordering new? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2017, 06:22 AM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21' and 2017 F150 3.5 eco boost
Questions when ordering new?

We are contemplating ordering a new 21' and was wondering if the options link or drop down on the ETI web page is a full and complete list of available options or just a list of major options. When placing an order are you presented a more detailed list that might contain other choices. I realize from reading threads that you can request specific upgrades before build. Are there any things not listed that you feel strongly about that you added before your build sheet finalization? How long do you have from deposit to lock in a date, to finalizing a build sheet?
Thanks in advance for any help concerning our choices on 21' order.
oldsalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 06:37 AM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Welcome Oldsalt,
If you use the google search at the bottom of the Search drop down above, type in something like "unlisted options". There are a number of threads on this subject, here's just one.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f4...ests-6258.html

Keep in mind that ETI has changed what they will and will not do as they have grown recently. Once you find some you want it's best to drop them an email and ask if you can still get said options.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:57 AM   #3

Trailer: soon to be '18 Escape 21, '18 F150 XLT 2.7 tow
This thread is of particular interest to me as we are considering the purchase of a 21 as well.

Marv
Stkshftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:50 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Just ask away and we will give you an opinion, but ETI would be a good starting point because some changes they will not perform.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:59 AM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21' and 2017 F150 3.5 eco boost
Thanks to all who responded. War Eagle reached out and answered all of my questions. SPECIAL BIG THANKS TO WAR EAGLE for being so helpful!!!!
oldsalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:01 AM   #6

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot TF20 DLX Fifth Wheel
ordering process

I believe that there is a need to document the ordering process including delivery and orientation. I've read several threads that clarified that many do not know that you must call ETI to schedule delivery of your RV because completion date is NOT delivery date or the date you can pick up your camper/RV.

Things like the need to schedule an appointment for delivery need to be clarified or outlined. I understand that this process may/will change as ETI changes their procedures, but a lot of good will as well as reduction in misunderstand and time on the phone would be eliminated if Tammy or someone from ETI would simply produce a PDF of the ordering process with phone numbers and approximate time lines.

Just my $.02...
TheWanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:12 AM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderers View Post
I believe that there is a need to document the ordering process including delivery and orientation. I've read several threads that clarified that many do not know that you must call ETI to schedule delivery of your RV because completion date is NOT delivery date or the date you can pick up your camper/RV.

Things like the need to schedule an appointment for delivery need to be clarified or outlined. I understand that this process may/will change as ETI changes their procedures, but a lot of good will as well as reduction in misunderstand and time on the phone would be eliminated if Tammy or someone from ETI would simply produce a PDF of the ordering process with phone numbers and approximate time lines.

Just my $.02...
Sounds good. Make the suggestion straight to ETI. Although Reace and Tammy are members here, they don't spend a lot of time reading. Here's their contact info for your suggestion: Contact Us
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:40 AM   #8

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsalt View Post
Thanks to all who responded. War Eagle reached out and answered all of my questions. SPECIAL BIG THANKS TO WAR EAGLE for being so helpful!!!!
You may want to post the information you received to be helpful so others on the forum can learn about these items.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:58 PM   #9

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot TF20 DLX Fifth Wheel
Thanks Donna. I've copied and pasted my post there on behalf of everyone here. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Sounds good. Make the suggestion straight to ETI. Although Reace and Tammy are members here, they don't spend a lot of time reading. Here's their contact info for your suggestion: Contact Us
TheWanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:02 PM   #10

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Some of the timeline of events is detailed in the original build sheet information sent out by ETI. I'd have to go back and read all my previous e-mail communications with ETI, but I believe I recall that once our camper entered production, ETI reminded us of the need to schedule an orientation, and then I had to remind them that we were having our trailer delivered, and I asked how much, if any, orientation the delivery truck driver could provide. If so, perhaps some responsibility rests with us, prospective and in-process buyers, to more carefully read and understand all the information that ETI sends out to us. It's easy to get excited about options an such and skip parts of communications that don't seem as important at the moment. Does anyone else recall getting a notice (by e-mail) from ETI that they needed to schedule an orientation once their trailer entered production? Granted, production time has been greatly reduced with their recent expansion. Or maybe it was all just a schnapps-induced hallucination.....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:19 PM   #11

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Does anyone else recall getting a notice (by e-mail) from ETI that they needed to schedule an orientation once their trailer entered production?
Jim Bennett posted a letter he got from ETI when it entered into production advising him about an orientation appointment: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...i-11297-6.html (post #51). The problem here is that the orientation appointment schedule might be filling up that close to completion date and some people need to make plans far in advance for pick-up.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:03 PM   #12

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Jim Bennett posted a letter he got from ETI when it entered into production advising him about an orientation appointment: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...i-11297-6.html (post #51). The problem here is that the orientation appointment schedule might be filling up that close to completion date and some people need to make plans far in advance for pick-up.
Well the simple solution for anyone who needs to plan far ahead.... is to call ETI far ahead, and make an appointment.

That is what we did. Worked just fine.

John
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:07 PM   #13

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
Well the simple solution for anyone who needs to plan far ahead.... is to call ETI far ahead, and make an appointment.

That is what we did. Worked just fine.

John
And in case you have to cancel your orientation date due to unforeseen circumstances, ETI is very helpful. (Know from experience)
Old 10-03-2017, 06:19 PM   #14

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
My point was that some people, including me back in 2013, did not know early in the process that the orientation date was not the same as the completion date. For me it was not that big of deal as I'm only 45 minutes away. But it certainly would be for someone making a cross-country trip for pick-up. Now ETI sends out a communication that clearly states that an appointment needs to be made. I would argue that even four weeks notice before pick-up may not be enough for those who come from afar as the orientation schedule may already be full close to their completion date.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:24 PM   #15

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I would just ask, how much responsibility does the purchaser have to make sure their plans are acceptable to all?
What if I don't want you to come for turkey?
Old 10-03-2017, 06:29 PM   #16

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Now that Escape has gotten over the hump for their expanded facility it would sure be nice if they improved their website. That could help reduce a lot of confusion and ultimately make for a smoother transaction.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:55 PM   #17

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
My point was that some people, including me back in 2013, did not know early in the process that the orientation date was not the same as the completion date. For me it was not that big of deal as I'm only 45 minutes away. But it certainly would be for someone making a cross-country trip for pick-up. Now ETI sends out a communication that clearly states that an appointment needs to be made. I would argue that even four weeks notice before pick-up may not be enough for those who come from afar as the orientation schedule may already be full close to their completion date.
You are right. When someone is going across the country, four weeks is nothing. We had to make a long list of bookings in the U.S. And Canada for picking up in August. We did not have a problem but I can see someone else having a problem. Have to plan this months in advance.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:15 PM   #18

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
From Jim's letter referenced above, it appears that it used to be about a month from the time a trailer entered production until completion. Seems more recently I recall seeing it down to 17 days (I don't know how many factory mods involved in either). Anyway, my point is that, if one waits until they are notified by ETI that their trailer is entering production, the window for scheduling an orientation on the same day as completion has shrunk to just a little over two weeks. It does seem that an earlier reminder from ETI to schedule an orientation would be beneficial - especially important for those making plans to travel great distances.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:02 PM   #19

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Now that Escape has gotten over the hump for their expanded facility it would sure be nice if they improved their website. That could help reduce a lot of confusion and ultimately make for a smoother transaction.
I concur with that assessment, Ross. If I lived 1200 miles closer, I would probably volunteer to update a fair amount of the site. It'll be tough to do from a distance, as a lot of info has a field-verify element to it, and, I suspect, also requires picking Tammy's brain for the correct details.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:23 AM   #20

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Lock in option prices

One thing I found out too late, was to inform your sales representative of any options you are interested in right away, so they are initialed on the build sheet. This locks in the price of the option.

We waited until we finalized our build sheet to tell our representative of the options we wanted and ended up paying an extra $400 over their cost on our original build sheet.