Quick-Comparison Floorplans: 19, 21C & NE, and 5.0TA - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2020, 06:45 PM   #1

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Lightbulb Quick-Comparison Floorplans: 19, 21C & NE, and 5.0TA

Intended for folks like me who are 'shopping' the Escape line of 19, 21, and 5.0 trailers, these are floorplans from the ETI website with some dimensions and specs added to help highlight some of the differences in a 'side-by-side' graphic.

Thanks to forum members who contributed measurements to make this possible, I hope prospective purchasers (and maybe a few current owners?) find this helpful

Please note that fractional inches are dropped, the purpose of this is to get a decent approximation of the relative differences between models, not to serve as detailed / precise measured drawings.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:52 PM   #2

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
This is wonderful!! Thank you.
camp4528 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 09:44 PM   #3

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
Great work Centex! ETI should have this information on their site.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 07:03 AM   #4

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Really good information, thank you!

Any chance of making a printer friendly version, without the green background and yellow characters?
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 07:25 AM   #5

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
This blows me away.

For one, I cannot imagine less space than an 5.0TA has. That's all I know. But I did not know it is so much bigger of a footprint. I am stunned!

I captured your image and have re output it as a 300 d.p.i. .pdf file. You can easily print it. I will not re publish it without the OP's approval. This is copyrighted material, in some way. If it's okay, let me know and I will put it up on a website and link to it.

Thank you for sharing and now I am going to study this document. Wow! This looks like this came from the actual Escape website.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:12 AM   #6

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
It'll be interesting to see the 23 compared.
Old 08-02-2020, 09:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
.... Any chance of making a printer friendly version, without the green background and yellow characters?
Sorry, created as the crude single-layer bitmap posted using MS Paint, I've not got a way to change those colors now with my limited skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
This blows me away.
I hope in a favorable sense.

Quote:
.... 5.0TA ... I did not know it is so much bigger of a footprint. I am stunned!
Remember that advertised overall lengths include the bumper and hitch, not shown here. The depicted floorplans are scaled ~reasonably accurate~ (pretty darned close) relative to each other, but again this is not a 'precision drawing'.

Noting I'm a bit disturbed by the apparently disproportionate width of the reefer in the E19 & E21NE base floorplans (the 5cuft in the E19 and 6cuft in the others are nominally the same width), but elected to run with those as from the ETI website.

Quote:
....I captured your image and have re output it as a 300 d.p.i. .pdf file. ... If it's okay, let me know and I will put it up on a website and link to it.
I'd welcome a link to your PDF version (or any other that might be of helpful interest to forum users) in this thread!

The inspiration for this was purely personal interest / need. I've posted here on this site, and nowhere else, for anyone to use / manipulate / alter as they see fit, in the innocent spirit of helpful info-sharing. If guilty of any ETI copyright violation for use of their base floorplans , I apologize and won't re-post anywhere if moderators elect to delete the graphic, No Worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
It'll be interesting to see the 23 compared.
Lol, go for it when you have the info to add that, Bob (and please post it here)!

>>> This site and the info posted by it's members has been an endless tremendously useful resource for me; just trying to offer a small bit of pay-it-forward in return.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:15 AM   #8

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
Noting I'm a bit disturbed by the apparently disproportionate width of the reefer in the E19 & E21NE base floorplans (the 5cuft in the E19 and 6cuft in the others are nominally the same width), but elected to run with those as from the ETI website.
I noticed this, and so I added up the other interior dimensions and subtracted them from the overall interior length. The fridge space in the 21NE drawing came out to be 6" larger than the fridge space in the 19 drawing. There are probably some rounding errors that explain some of the difference, but there has to be more to it than that. I am getting a 21NE in September, and my brother has a 19. We camp together a fair bit, so I will be able to compare numbers when we get together.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 10:25 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherminator View Post
I noticed this, and so I added up the other interior dimensions and subtracted them from the overall interior length. The fridge space in the 21NE drawing came out to be 6" larger than the fridge space in the 19 drawing. There are probably some rounding errors that explain some of the difference, but there has to be more to it than that. I am getting a 21NE in September, and my brother has a 19. We camp together a fair bit, so I will be able to compare numbers when we get together.
Yeah, I used a bit of 'overall proportional stretching' to get the different base plans clipped from ETI's site to be ~reasonably accurate~ relative to each other for my purpose.

Methinks those ETI base floorplans, each within itself, are not particularly precise. There's other 'apparent anomalies' in them (e.g. window sizes).

So it goes
Old 08-02-2020, 12:50 PM   #10

OK, inspired by UncleTim , here's a link to a PDF version which may or may not be more 'printer friendly' - depending on your devices.

PDF version on Google Drive (you do not need a Google account or login to download the document)

The PDF also adds hyperlinks to related pages for each model on ETI's website (good until ETI changes their URLs)
Old 08-02-2020, 04:52 PM   #11

Wow! Here are two versions. One is 300 dpi (10 MB) and the other is 72 dpi (1.34 MD). Both will print fine.

http://timgillespie.com/Escape-trailer-sizes-72dpi.pdf

http://timgillespie.com/Escape-trailer-sizes.pdf

Yes this is a cheap way to try and get people to listen to my music which is at the same site and totally free. What some people will do!
Old 08-02-2020, 04:55 PM   #12

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
The inspiration for this was purely personal interest / need. I've posted here on this site, and nowhere else, for anyone to use / manipulate / alter as they see fit, in the innocent spirit of helpful info-sharing.
I took the liberty of linking to this thread on the Escape FB page. (Jim Bennet and I are moderators of that page.) https://www.facebook.com/groups/913917998727810/

Lot's of new buyers, interested parties, gravitate to that page. There are currently ~3,000 members ... increase of 1,000 folks since February!
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 05:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Wow! Here are two versions. One is 300 dpi (10 MB) and the other is 72 dpi (1.34 MD). Both will print fine.
Indeed, either of yours print better on my Brother Laser than the one I linked. Thanks, Tim!

In too-late hindsight it was ill-considered of me to land on the green/yellow color scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
I took the liberty of linking to this thread on the Escape FB page. (Jim Bennet and I are moderators of that page.)
That's great Arnie and Jim!

Without apology I don't do Facebook, but hope the link stimulates interest in this fantastic forum
Old 08-02-2020, 05:45 PM   #14

Quote:

I hope in a favorable sense.
I have been lucky since I picked mine up in May. I have had four stellar trips that I have yet to fully comprehend.

I did a solo trip this week to an amazing place and again, my ears are pinned back!!!

Nothing compares to getting in your rig and going sailing. Nothing!

Favorable? In a very deep and gratifying way, I have yet to fully understand. Happy about all this? See you after my next trip!

Thanks for asking!
Old 08-02-2020, 05:52 PM   #15

Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Here's a color-replacement edit with a white background. It may have lost some resolution.
Attached Thumbnails
Escape Floor Plans white.jpg  
Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 06:56 PM   #16

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Thanks so much CenTex! What a great resource as we shop.
uthorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:19 PM   #17

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
Here's a color-replacement edit with a white background. It may have lost some resolution.

Glad to see your avatar is back.